What did Cally say after the game?

Nebraska Postgame Quotes

NU at Missouri

Saturday, Oct. 6, 2007

Bill Callahan

Nebraska Head Coach

On Nebraska’s 41-6 loss to Missouri

“First off, we are very disappointed in the loss this evening, but we do credit Missouri for a fine effort. They’re a very good ball club. We knew coming in that it was going to be a challenge for our football team. They certainly exemplify the ability to execute. They made the plays they needed to win the game.”

On starting 1-1 in Big 12 Conference play

“It’s not our standard of football. Certainly we can play better. We are certainly not out of [the Big 12 North race]. It was a conference game that was important to us. Anything can happen right now.”

On the play of Missouri quarterback Chase Daniel

“He’s an excellent quarterback. I had a chance to visit with him before the game, and I told him I thought he was having a heck of a year. He has excellent control of what [Missouri] is trying to accomplish with their offense and that was pretty indicative tonight.”

On Missouri’s fake field touchdown with the score 34-6

“They did a good job with that fake field goal. That’s none of my business if they want to run that play. Our business is to defend it.”

Nebraska Postgame Quotes

NU at Missouri

Saturday, Oct. 6, 2007

Bill Callahan

Nebraska Head Coach

On Nebraska’s 41-6 loss to Missouri

“First off, we are very disappointed in the loss this evening, but we do credit Missouri for a fine effort. They’re a very good ball club. We knew coming in that it was going to be a challenge for our football team. They certainly exemplify the ability to execute. They made the plays they needed to win the game.”

On starting 1-1 in Big 12 Conference play

“It’s not our standard of football. Certainly we can play better. We are certainly not out of [the Big 12 North race]. It was a conference game that was important to us. Anything can happen right now.”

On the play of Missouri quarterback Chase Daniel

“He’s an excellent quarterback. I had a chance to visit with him before the game, and I told him I thought he was having a heck of a year. He has excellent control of what [Missouri] is trying to accomplish with their offense and that was pretty indicative tonight.”

On Missouri’s fake field touchdown with the score 34-6

“They did a good job with that fake field goal. That’s none of my business if they want to run that play. Our business is to defend it.”

Chase Daniel? He's good, but not great. It's just that every team that Nebraska plays seems to have a Heismann Trophy candidate by the time they've finishes with us. That has more to do with the poverty of the Nebraska program than anything else. I've never, ever seen a defense suck so bad as the Pinkshirts.

Well, Missouri is just a good football team. We've got a lotta respect for them, their fans, and everything to do with them!! Th-th-They're just a good football team, i don't know what else to say about them. Good football team...

[/quote

yep, even Pinkel got the best of Cally, now that is sad. If Hawkins and Prince beat us those will be the "signature losses" of the season........and only a few weeks agin we were talking about signature wins.

that folks, is how far this program has fallen!