Octo Demoted

Travis9

Why do I keep hearing about Solich? I heard the fire him, he sucks, he can't coach, his teams have no emotion, etc, etc, etc, while he was here to. I heard of Solich, he rode the coat tails of Osborne recruits. I heard so many of the same complaints about Solich. He was a mediocre at best head coach. People who praise him much have short memories or started being Husker fans during his last year at NU. I am definately given my share of scrutiny to BC and I want Coz to go bye bye, but I want some one to come in that is way better than a Solich. This is why if I compare BC to someone, I would compare him to a good head coach not someone who is equally as mediocre. The Solich years were just as irritating.

Solich has been nominated and won coach of his conference 50% of the time he's been HC. He took a team that hadn't had a winning record or bowl appearance since before Christ, and he had a winning record and bowl appearance. Compare the two respective programs they walked into and try selling that Solich is on par or worse than BC! Solich wasn't given time with his new staff. Anyone ever think maybe Solich had to replace some of TO's old cronies because maybe they were jealous Solich was hand selected by TO rather than them? Solich=good coach, not so good recruiter?

Solich has been nominated and won coach of his conference 50% of the time he's been HC. He took a team that hadn't had a winning record or bowl appearance since before Christ, and he had a winning record and bowl appearance. Compare the two respective programs they walked into and try selling that Solich is on par or worse than BC! Solich wasn't given time with his new staff. Anyone ever think maybe Solich had to replace some of TO's old cronies because maybe they were jealous Solich was hand selected by TO rather than them? Solich=good coach, not so good recruiter?

Solich=ok coach, horrible recruiter. Anyway, all I was saying is that, during his tenure at NU, I heard MANY wanting Solich gone. It is interesting that many think he would be the answer now.

http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20057

Maybe this is what they are trying to do with Octavien.

Brandenburgh deserves to play though. When he has seen the field he is maybe our best LB. Also maybe since OSU runs the spread Octo is going to be playing DE again this weekend. Just a thought.

As far as Bowman and Grixby go. More then likely when we start on defense we will be in the Nickel so they both will be on the field.