Octo Demoted

Travis9

That cannot be right. You don't take your best players and sit them just because they question what you are doing. You explain what you are trying to accomplish and try to get everyone on the same page. You don't get pissed off and bench them, just to show them your the boss. This may really start getting ugly if the loses keep coming. Coz has got to be smarter than that.

GBR!!!

I will guarantee that it has a lot to do with Octo yelling at him on the sideline and Octo saying that some people were not buying into the system.

Octo is not the type of player that Coz wants. He is a free lancer and coz wants responsibility first.

I have said this for years Farley, Demario, etc would not have been half the players under coz. in fact Farley probably would not have played

That cannot be right. You don't take your best players and sit them just because they question what you are doing. You explain what you are trying to accomplish and try to get everyone on the same page. You don't get pissed off and bench them, just to show them your the boss. This may really start getting ugly if the loses keep coming. Coz has got to be smarter than that.

GBR!!!

ah, Coz is the bull goose and he has "shown his ass" for all to see, courtesy of Octo (it would have eventually been somone else, no matter). he has to act like this because he can't coach and win the confidence of the players. what little he can bring belongs in the NFL, as an assistant position coach, at best.

Coz is trying to show that he is the coach and runs the show. I think the players have been bailing on him and his scheme, and this is him panicking and trying to get players to trust in him out of fear of being benched.

Those players have got to know that Octavien is probably our best player on defense, he yells at coach, and he gets benched. Under normal circumstances I think that it's warranted. You can't have player usurping your power as the coach. But, in this case, you've got a player emerging as a defensive leader which we've been lacking all year, and you tell him to get off the field because he questioned you. Really freaking smart.

If you guys think this season has been bad so far... just watch the implosion still to come.

Coz is trying to show that he is the coach and runs the show. I think the players have been bailing on him and his scheme, and this is him panicking and trying to get players to trust in him out of fear of being benched.

Those players have got to know that Octavien is probably our best player on defense, he yells at coach, and he gets benched. Under normal circumstances I think that it's warranted. You can't have player usurping your power as the coach. But, in this case, you've got a player emerging as a defensive leader which we've been lacking all year, and you tell him to get off the field because he questioned you. Really freaking smart.

If you guys think this season has been bad so far... just watch the implosion still to come.

Defensive leader or not.....you can NEVER have a player yelling at a coach (even a bad one). All structure will break down. It sends a bad message to the rest of the team...especially if no action is taken from the coach. If Octo had a problem, he could have voiced it differently than yelling or perhaps chose a different time. He should be benched.

You have got to be kidding me. Good grief. Sit your best defender, Cos. Way to go, you f*ing idiot.

Agreed, even though Octavien may have been insubordinate, why bench our best Linebacker?

I would like to hear that speech...listen up Huskers....the reallly good players don't have to follow the rules, but...I expect the rest of you to.

link is the updated depth chart. I saw it on the free board at huskersillustrated.

Brandenburgh then Octo

Dillard then McKeon

Ruud and Lawrence and Wortman co #1's

I like Brandenburgh a lot, he's one of our few LB's who's willing to stick his nose in a hole and hit someone and I'm glad that Dillard's finally starting as far as I'm concerned I hope Mckeon and Ruud never see the field again, but Octo needs to be out there. It should be Brandenburgh, Dillard and Octo.

What I'm really having a hard time understanding is why we can't get Suh & Barfield out there at the same time other than goal line situations. Should we not have our two biggest D-lineman out there at the same time eating up space in the middle. Honestly I think Steinkuler and Dixon are way to undersized to be on the interior line. I know it's not a pass rush issue because we don't have one anyway!

You have got to be kidding me. Good grief. Sit your best defender, Cos. Way to go, you f*ing idiot.

Agreed, even though Octavien may have been insubordinate, why bench our best Linebacker?

I would like to hear that speech...listen up Huskers....the reallly good players don't have to follow the rules, but...I expect the rest of you to.

sure you have to tow the line, that is expected. but read between the lines, the kids that give 2 sh#ts about the program are raising hell! good for them, it tells everyone else what a bunch of half ass coaches are running the program!.........and ruining the program too!