Nebraska is the Yankees of football

I have been a fan of Callahan but this is not working. The Husker fans are like Yankees fans. We demand Championships not 8-4 records. Nebraska football is Big 12 titles and BCS games just like the Yankees are all about World Series or bust. Every coach needs to know Nebraska means winning titles not getting beat by 20 points every other game. Why haven't Coz gotten fired yet? Hope Callahan knows when the ship start to sink the first one to go is the head coach. I didn't want to belive it, but Nebraska football is very average at that just f'ing sucks!!

I have been a fan of Callahan but this is not working. The Husker fans are like Yankees fans. We demand Championships not 8-4 records. Nebraska football is Big 12 titles and BCS games just like the Yankees are all about World Series or bust. Every coach needs to know Nebraska means winning titles not getting beat by 20 points every other game. Why haven't Coz gotten fired yet? Hope Callahan knows when the ship start to sink the first one to go is the head coach. I didn't want to belive it, but Nebraska football is very average at that just f'ing sucks!!

Good analogy and I agree with you completely.

I think I see what you are saying but I wouldn't consider NU to be the Yankess of College Football. That would have to be The Domers. The most tradition, media darling and probably the most hated by other teams fans.

NU is like the Dodgers. Great history, always supposed to be good, winning divisions with the occasional Championship every few years. Plus they are my 2 favorite teams so I had to throw them in there. The fans are totally different though.

I think we can stop the ship from fully going under this year.I start with off-season plans.Coz has to go at the end of the season. Hire some young hot shot LB coach in the NFL.What he can do now is sit Wagner down and tell him to get his ducks in a row. Bench Lucky on 1st and 2nd down. I love lucky and all but he runs like a pu$$y.Play the future in Castle. Let Bowman get 100% before you put him back on the field and play some freshman CB. HELL CALL up Monte Kiffen and ask for some schemes on the offense we are about to play. If I'm the coach at NU I would do whatever it takes and I wouldn't be to proud to ask for some help outside the program. I think this team lacks heart.No Taylors or Ragoni's (sp) GO HUSKERS,GOD HELP US WITH A FUMBLE OR TWO THIS WEEK.

as a mets fan I am on NY message boards a lot. we ARE NOT like the yankees fans. they expect success and have NO CLUE what goes into being good. they boo players the second they dont perform, and the vast majority of them are fair weather fans. I would compare us to cardinal fans. as for the notredame comment, for all intensive purposes I would agree except for the tradition comment, except the yankees have won recently, and in general are more successful. there is no way we are like dodgers fans..... their attendance sucks and the fans show up late, and thye dont win as much as us

Wouldn't you guys have to pay your players more than anyone else to be the Yankees of college football? I'm pretty sure Ohio State has that honor locked up pretty tightly...

Why don't you go take a flyin' f u c k at Buffie?!?!

av-3884.gif

Who or what is Buffie? How does one "take" an effing eff "at" something? Why are you so quick to defend Ohio State? Sweet Maria, your rebuttal is confusing on so many levels.

Wouldn't you guys have to pay your players more than anyone else to be the Yankees of college football? I'm pretty sure Ohio State has that honor locked up pretty tightly...

Why don't you go take a flyin' f u c k at Buffie?!?!

av-3884.gif

Who or what is Buffie? How does one "take" an effing eff "at" something? Why are you so quick to defend Ohio State? Sweet Maria, your rebuttal is confusing on so many levels.

I caught the humor in it and I know your not trying to troll here bud. Ohio State does suck!!!!