"I am a former/current Husker"

"I am a former/current Husker"  

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

by DELETED I meant The Catholic University North Texas

better or you gonna wash that too...

I'm pretty sure UNT is a public university...I almost went there. What is your deal, man? You aren't making much sense with your posts...is everything ok? Maybe you should go get some help? Or smile some? :)

UD used to be Catholic University North Texas

, Irving.

And this school (that does have a branch in Plano) has what to do with anything Nebraska football related?!? :dunno

you know i already said sorry twice for my screw up on the thread content.Even in my sig. As far as plano goes its where i live. I was mouthin before. And as far as Nebraska I am a true fan i cant tell that.

GBR!!!!

And DELETED me if you cant get over it that I screwed up.. Im was trying to be positive... And for the record DELETED AND SUSPENDED. GROW UP OR DO NOT COME BACK

Bill Jennings here.

God this coaching staff sucks.

Hahah.

Though, AFIK, he is still alive.

Jennings passed away from cancer in July of 2002.

Several players were angered when Jennings refused to forward letters to them sent from professional teams that were pursuing the players for contracts. Former Husker center Mick Tinglehoff said he first learned of the postal snub when he finally made it to the pros.

"(Norm) Van Brocklin, who was the coach then of the Vikings, asked me why I had never answered any of the letters. I never received them."

Tinglehoff said he was angered when he learned about the withholding of the letters "and I had a chance to tell Jennings that to his face."

Time did heal some wounds for the former coach. Jennings was elected to the Nebraska Football Hall Of Fame in 1996 and later interviews showed he had shed most bitter feelings he may have had towards the school.

But Jennings had difficulty in dealing with the media and the public. At a speech in 1960 Jennings raised more than a few eyebrows when he claimed "I don't think this state can ever be great in anything...our football team is about as good as anything we're trying to do."

By most measures, Jennings' tenure at the helm of Nebraska would be considered a dismal failure. He recorded a winning percentage of just. 310, the worst of any non war-era coach at Nebraska. His teams never won more than four games in a season and he won just one game in his first year...

"Coach Bill Jennings has not lived up to expectations for five years and a need for change should be crystal clear to all, including Coach Jennings." It said. ..

Jennings would be gone, and just as quickly Nebraska would enter into an era of unprecedented success with, beginning with head coach Bob Devaney's reign..

---------------------------------

http://www.huskernews.com/vnews/display.v/...2/40d8e5256b3e1Bill

I don't remember any coach before Devaney, but thought it was interesting we were able to have success after getting rid of a Bill.

better or you gonna wash that too...

I'm pretty sure UNT is a public university...I almost went there. What is your deal, man? You aren't making much sense with your posts...is everything ok? Maybe you should go get some help? Or smile some? :)

UD used to be Catholic University North Texas

, Irving.

And this school (that does have a branch in Plano) has what to do with anything Nebraska football related?!? :dunno

you know i already said sorry twice for my screw up on the thread content.Even in my sig. As far as plano goes its where i live. I was mouthin before. And as far as Nebraska I am a true fan i cant tell that.

GBR!!!!

AndDELETED

Seriously?!? You falsely apologize, make no sense to anyone, and then call me two sick-ass names and ask me to "bl*w you?!?" Don't educate me on Texas, I know where Plano is, I know where TCU is, I know where SMU is, but I don't know or care where your irrelevant schools that you are going off on are. I'm no psychiatrist, I don't claim to be, but maybe Jack and a keyboard just isn't your thing.

Or in other words, Can't U Not Talk?

GBR!!!!

And DELETED IF SOMEONE GOES NUTS LIKE THIS PLEASE CONTACT A MOD

You sure you never played before? You know..Before they had helmets? you CANT tell what?

dork who can't read Thread subjects correctly

I thought the Mods just added that for this thread... Is that really your Sig?...So you're already anticipating being unable to read before you log on?

I'm not asking for names here, but I'm just curious how many are lurking around. I expect some BS answers, but I'm just looking for numbers, not names.

Thanks for particificating.

Thanks for playing, hope you're not surviving on an English degree.

Did you know that the big red noses that clowns wear aren't their real noses???

Bill Jennings here.

Hahah.

But Jennings had difficulty in dealing with the media and the public. At a speech in 1960 Jennings raised more than a few eyebrows when he claimed "I don't think this state can ever be great in anything...our football team is about as good as anything we're trying to do."

By most measures, Jennings' tenure at the helm of Nebraska would be considered a dismal failure. He recorded a winning percentage of just. 310, the worst of any non war-era coach at Nebraska. His teams never won more than four games in a season and he won just one game in his first year...

"Coach Bill Jennings has not lived up to expectations for five years and a need for change should be crystal clear to all, including Coach Jennings." It said. ..

Jennings would be gone, and just as quickly Nebraska would enter into an era of unprecedented success with, beginning with head coach Bob Devaney's reign..

I don't remember any coach before Devaney, but thought it was interesting we were able to have success after getting rid of a Bill.

Haha I hope you didn't post that because you thought I was implying that we should bring him back ;)

THe only interesting thing about him is that Devaney took over his team and had a fantastic season.

Bill Jennings here.

Hahah.

Haha I hope you didn't post that because you thought I was implying that we should bring him back ;)

THe only interesting thing about him is that Devaney took over his team and had a fantastic season.

I thought he died in 2002. I can't tell if you are serious or if i can't detect sarcasm without one of these... :sarcasm . june 8 2002

Bill Jennings here.

Hahah.

I thought he died in 2002. I can't tell if you are serious or if i can't detect sarcasm without one of these... :sarcasm . june 8 2002

Yeah..I was currious too. (I'm not really an expert on BJ..I just googled it and thought it interesting about the team being able to turn things around with Devaney)

Bill Jennings here.

Hahah.

Yeah..I was currious too. (I'm not really an expert on BJ..I just googled it and thought it interesting about the team being able to turn things around with Devaney)

I saw that and i ended up reading every single coaches bio on huskers.com (in chronological order) :cheers