Who listened on the radio?

Foppa

Yes, it was down right spooky. And even though JR and AF tried to stay positive it got to the point that the reality of the situation had to be raised. I've been listening to the Huskers since the BobFather was in charge and have never heard anything like this.

The dead air was probably due to the board op hitting the "dump" button, to keep the swearing from airing on the radio. (probably looked like this little guy) :w00t

Yes, it was down right spooky. And even though JR and AF tried to stay positive it got to the point that the reality of the situation had to be raised. I've been listening to the Huskers since the BobFather was in charge and have never heard anything like this.

The dead air was probably due to the board op hitting the "dump" button, to keep the swearing from airing on the radio. (probably looked like this little guy) :w00t

:rollin:rollin:rollin

It was a surreal broadcast. It was like the old War of the Worlds tapes.

At the end they even apologized for the broadcast....what they were really doing was apologizing for the game.

I have been critical of the radio team for trying to keep positives in bad outtings but they were pretty straight forard. Especially Matt, he's pissed!!

There was even a little chatter in the booth about "positive spin" and there seemed to be a consensus that there is no way to put positive spin on such disasters as losing so convincingly to Okie State at home for the first time in 47 years.

And if anyone could do it that man would be Jim Rose but even he, the master spin meister himself, seemed tongue-tied by the reality of getting mauled 38-0 in the FIRST HALF!

Oh yeah..there was a ton of it. I dont know if they were having technical difficulties or they were simply speechless and decided it was best to say nothing at all.

<_<

And I thought I needed new batteries.

I was listening on my headphone AM radio while trying to help with our Son's flag football practice and thought it was either dead air or a couple of spanish stations trying to share the same wave..Usually when I wasn't pointed NW.