Can you believe he said this..

“I’m just going to do my job the best I can,” Cosgrove said after Nebraska’s 45-14 home loss to Oklahoma State. “I’ve been doing it a long time. I have a lot of confidence in my abilities.

What an :asshat , I mean to really say that given the status of our defense. Please, please I'm begging him to be let go right now.

Sounds like a man who knows he is near the end of hhis time here. I wish he would resign.

During his post game conference today, Cally said he ran the ball so much to protect the defence. It wasn't in that good "control the game with the run" kind of way either. It was more like "My defense can't stop anybody and so I have to take drastic measures like running 50+ times even though we are losing to keep them off the field."

here is the entire article

Cosgrove: 'Everybody's hurting right now'

BY BRIAN ROSENTHAL / Lincoln Journal Star

Saturday, Oct 13, 2007 - 05:05:42 pm CDT

Nebraska defensive coordinator Kevin Cosgrove said Saturday he’s not worried about his job security, that it’s something he can’t control.

“I’m just going to do my job the best I can,” Cosgrove said after Nebraska’s 45-14 home loss to Oklahoma State. “I’ve been doing it a long time. I have a lot of confidence in my abilities.

“There’ve been a lot of ups, there’ve been a lot of downs. In this profession, unfortunately that’s the way it is, no matter what program you’re at in the country.”

Oklahoma State (4-3, 2-1 Big 12 Conference) buried Nebraska with 38 points in the first half and finished with 551 total yards against a defense that entered the game ranked 96th nationally.

Nebraska (4-3, 1-2) has allowed at least 415 total yards in each of its last five games.

“It’s hard,” Cosgrove said. “We’re searching, trying to find the right answers. We’ll continue to work hard on it. Everybody’s hurting right now. I know our fans are, our coaches are, the players are. It’s disappointing.

“It hurts you guys, I know that. Imagine how you feel when you’re directly involved in it, like a coach or a player. It’s harder, because we’re more involved in it.”

And, yes, Cosgrove knows fans are calling for his dismissal.

“I’m sure they are,” he said. “That’s just the passion there is for this program. It’s the hurt that everybody has. If they don’t think I’m hurting too, then there’s something wrong.”

OSU senior running back Dantrell Savage ran for a career-high 212 yards, with many of those yards coming on option plays.

Cosgrove said his team prepared for the option.

“We worked on it a ton,” he said. “They didn’t do anything new. There was absolutely nothing new. In fact, I thought they’d do a little bit more than what they did.”

OSU quarterback Zac Robinson attempted only 19 passes, completing 12 for 234 yards. On at least two of his completions, no defender was within 10 yards of the receiver.

Nebraska forced the Cowboys to punt for the first time on the first drive of the third quarter, when the defense forced a three-and-out. Oklahoma State scored its only touchdown of the second half on a 30-yard run by Savage with 5:25 remaining in the game.

Cosgrove stressed the importance of coaches staying positive with the players.

“You can’t ever quit on ’em,” he said. “You’ve always got to get that hope up that things are going to turn around. You’ve got to continue coaching. You can’t coach any different.

“You can’t let ’em feel like you’re done for.”

"It's important to understand that no one - no one - wants to win more than I do ,'' Callahan said Tuesday before taking questions at his weekly news conference. "It's really important to understand that we as a staff, as a program, as a team, hate to lose. It's important to know that it destroys us emotionally to go through what we did the last week.''

That is crap, I can tell you that all Husker Players and fans want a win more than he does.

He gets paid whether he wins or not. And just ask SP, BC "meets or exceeds all expectations..."

FIRE STEVE PEDERSON

"It's important to understand that no one - no one - wants to win more than I do ,'' Callahan said Tuesday before taking questions at his weekly news conference.

:violin:violin:band:violin:violin

The band is ready, all we need is the fat chick.....

"It's important to understand that no one - no one - wants to win more than I do ,'' Callahan said Tuesday before taking questions at his weekly news conference.

:violin:violin:band:violin:violin

The band is ready, all we need is the fat chick.....

If he wants to win why did he give up at half time and only run the ball in the second half. Does he think were a bunch of hillbillies.

I'm guessing Steve P. is going to wait till the consecutive sellout record ends before doing anything. It's the one record that Callahan and Cosgrove can't flush down the toilet. But I'm guessing Bill is "confident in his abilities" to end that record to