Osborne for interim head coach

I want Pederson & Callahan fired. However, I will admit that Pedersen has brass balls. He proved that when he fired Frank, and I think he is an intelligent man. I think there is at least a one in a million chance that part or all of the following could happen...

Pederson fires Callahan this week or next week. First he convinces, then he installs T.O. as the interim head

coach for the balance of this season. Then he makes Bo Pelini an offer he can't refuse. Pelini wants to be a head coach and if the right offer came, he might just return to Nebraska.

Osborne is the right man to get us through the mess of this season. We might not win another game, but the players would play with more fire and it certainly can't get any worse. Osborne needs something to do and I believe he would step in and do it.

I want Pederson & Callahan fired. However, I will admit that Pedersen has brass balls. He proved that when he fired Frank, and I think he is an intelligent man. I think there is at least a one in a million chance that part or all of the following could happen...

Pederson fires Callahan this week or next week. First he convinces, then he installs T.O. as the interim head

coach for the balance of this season. Then he makes Bo Pelini an offer he can't refuse. Pelini wants to be a head coach and if the right offer came, he might just return to Nebraska.

Osborne is the right man to get us through the mess of this season. We might not win another game, but the players would play with more fire and it certainly can't get any worse. Osborne needs something to do and I believe he would step in and do it.

Interesting idea and I think it would work.

Changes need to be made now and we need someone to get us through the rest of the season. Why not Osborne?

I like the thought process....

But here is what i think would be more likely to happen and probably better in the long run for Husker FB.

TO takes over as AD for a fired Pederson. He fires Callahan and Cosgrove. Names Watson interim HC and Wyatt as interim DC. Now who he would go after as HC is beyond me. But I have the utmost respect and trust in this man and that he would make the correct call. I just hope that he would seriously consider Bo Pelini. With SP gone, I think he would come back... see the Yahoo Sports article that his wife says "when the fans were chanting out his name for HC that is when he knew the college game was for him. He may have an ego, but you won't a candidate for HC without one.

I like the thought process....

But here is what i think would be more likely to happen and probably better in the long run for Husker FB.

TO takes over as AD for a fired Pederson. He fires Callahan and Cosgrove. Names Watson interim HC and Wyatt as interim DC. Now who he would go after as HC is beyond me. But I have the utmost respect and trust in this man and that he would make the correct call. I just hope that he would seriously consider Bo Pelini. With SP gone, I think he would come back... see the Yahoo Sports article that his wife says "when the fans were chanting out his name for HC that is when he knew the college game was for him. He may have an ego, but you won't a candidate for HC without one.

Can you put a link to the Yahoo Sports article? Was it the Nebraska fans chanting for Pelini??

Scott

Never going to happen, but I would go nuts if it did! :clap

There's no way that would ever work. Do any of these players know anything about Osborne other than Ruud? I don't see how that would translate into motivation.

*edited for typo

There's no way that would ever work. Do any of these players know anything about Osbourne other than Ruud? I don't see how that would translate into motivation.

who is this Osbourne you speak of...is he a spy...as in Osbourne Identity, or perhaps, the Osbourne Supremacy?