Why let BC stay?

I just can't understand how it makes sense to let BC stay either through the Texas game or the end of the season, especially if they are firing assistant coaches. To me, that says that someone thinks BC isn't the probelm. Does the University think he is NOT the problem, that it is all KC? I now harvey says he doesn't make coching decisions, but come on folks, how is firing the AD going to affect things that need changing right now.

If in fact BC really is the probelm, then keeping him around until Texas just means that's two more losses. Replacing him then would give you same the disruption you're going to have if you change him now anyway. If you wait until the end of the season, you throw away the whole season, a season where there are a lot of talented seniors who deserve a better shot at their future then they are going to get playing for BC. To keep him to the end of the season runs the very real risk of not winning any more games and not going to a bowl game. Plus, lost television revenue. Maybe there is no cure. Maybe the season can't be salvaged in terms of Big 12 and such. But why can't we fight for a bowl game. Tha'ts two more wins, right. How does keeping BC im around improve the chances of turning it around. If he's not going to come back next year, what's the purpose of keeping on the rest of this year? Like the players would be more liekly to play for him if they know he's leaving?

To me, it's better to rip the dressing off the wound fast, once and for all, than to prolong the torment.

I just can't understand how it makes sense to let BC stay either through the Texas game or the end of the season, especially if they are firing assistant coaches. To me, that says that someone thinks BC isn't the probelm. Does the University think he is NOT the problem, that it is all KC? I now harvey says he doesn't make coching decisions, but come on folks, how is firing the AD going to affect things that need changing right now.

If in fact BC really is the probelm, then keeping him around until Texas just means that's two more losses. Replacing him then would give you same the disruption you're going to have if you change him now anyway. If you wait until the end of the season, you throw away the whole season, a season where there are a lot of talented seniors who deserve a better shot at their future then they are going to get playing for BC. To keep him to the end of the season runs the very real risk of not winning any more games and not going to a bowl game. Plus, lost television revenue. Maybe there is no cure. Maybe the season can't be salvaged in terms of Big 12 and such. But why can't we fight for a bowl game. Tha'ts two more wins, right. How does keeping BC im around improve the chances of turning it around. If he's not going to come back next year, what's the purpose of keeping on the rest of this year? Like the players would be more liekly to play for him if they know he's leaving?

To me, it's better to rip the dressing off the wound fast, once and for all, than to prolong the torment.

the new AD that comes in will fire BC and KG and hire new coaches

I like BC a lot, so I hate to see him go: but it looks like the writing is on the wall. AD who hired him is gone; you just don't fire a coach in the middle of a season.

I expect the new AD will evaluate BC's performance and may decide to keep him if the rest of the year turns out well, but his leash will be a lot, lot shorter...because ADs always want to bring in their own guys.

There is really nothing that can be done to salvage this season that isn't done by firing the AD. If we fired BC and/or KC, then the assistants will be running the show - do you think that people who are currently coaching under these two will really make any more difference than the two of them????

What this does do is tell the TEAM, the people who actually play the games and can make the most difference, that the status quo will not be accepted. That changes will be made if necessary. If they are unhappy with the current coaches - this should light a fire under their ass because they know that changes will be made. If they are ok with the current coaches, well then, we just suck as a football team and only an entire new set of coaches will make a difference. You cannot have that this year. You cannot fire the head coach and all the assistants today and hope to have a new staff in by the end of the week - just won't happen.

Change is coming - that is the message. :bonez

I think they canned Pederson because his legacy is too closely tied to Callahan. He isn't qualified to evaluate the situation at the end of the season.

You've seen the results on the field, right? Something needs to change with the direction of the team, and Steve Pederson isn't the right person to make that assessment. You could keep going up the ladder to Perlman, but in all sanity, should the Chancellor of a University have his job put in jeopardy by the outcome of 3 or 4 football games? I think firing Pederson is the correct move.

This season is a wash. I just hope the players don't get hurt. To be honest, I just heard the comments made by Octavien. That pissed me off! He needs to know what it means to play for Nebraska. Anyway, off my soapbox. Again, we can salvage what is left of the season. I will definitely be at the spring game next year. And hopefully, there won't be two golf outings.........if you know what I mean.

Perlman does not make decisions on which coaches are fired. He did his job and dismissed Pederson. If Perlman sat there and said, "I'm also firing the HC, etc etc" he would be overstepping his position. I'm not saying he's got no influence, but honestly, that is NOT his function.

Exactly! The AD will make the decision. Until one is appointed, BC and Co. will remain.

Exactly, Cali & Coz don't have anyone covering their a$$es anymore. They're as good as sitting ducks right now.

The first domino has fallen the rest will follow. Whether it be now or the end of the season. We all need to be patient and hope the new powers that be make the right hirings...we are in for some more rebuilding but at least the tools that they were being used will be returned as defective and hopefully the future will be bright. GBR!