Why let BC stay?

This season is a wash. I just hope the players don't get hurt. To be honest, I just heard the comments made by Octavien. That pissed me off! He needs to know what it means to play for Nebraska. Anyway, off my soapbox. Again, we can salvage what is left of the season. I will definitely be at the spring game next year. And hopefully, there won't be two golf outings.........if you know what I mean.

What did Octavien say?

the new AD that comes in will fire BC and KG and hire new coaches

When?

That's the point. Why wait?

I don't see a new AD firing anyone until season end..Especially if they somehow convince Nancy to let us borrow Tom. (He 's just not a "knee Jerk" kind of guy).

We might have a better chance at a few more wins this season if the assistants take over, and maybe worse..Go undefeated causing another "Bogasm" with another under qualified interim coach at the end of the year.

(Maybe not so bad??) <_<

W's aren't as important the rest of this season as they are in the future.

Perlman does not make decisions on which coaches are fired. He did his job and dismissed Pederson. If Perlman sat there and said, "I'm also firing the HC, etc etc" he would be overstepping his position. I'm not saying he's got no influence, but honestly, that is NOT his function.

Exactly.

he even said that in his press confrence. he hoped to have an interim AD named soon, and then he would hire a search committee to do the search for a new AD. he said that he was not an expert on coaching and would not make those decisions. they would be left to those who have that expertise.

BC has to make some changes on his staff, and hopefully he will make them sooner rather than later, if he wants to save his job.

i personally think that firing BC right now would be the worst thing to happen to the football program, and recruiting for next year.

i also do not think that a new AD will come in and fire the HC right away without any type of evaluation period. i think that BC has at least 1 more season to right the ship

I will first say that I am against change in general, don't ask why, it's how I am. However, I will not live in denial that no change in this program was needed. It was. It is. Why keep Cally? I think that getting rid of him during the season is a bad move. I say that because I don't think we have anyone on staff that the team is capable of rallying around. Bo Pelini (sorry for mentioning him) was a different story. Bo seemed like he could motivate a group of nuns to rob a liquor store.

I also think that Cally can make it as our coach. I think that he needs to get rid of his friends (as coaches) and get some good people to surround him, though. I don't know how you would plan an offense with a defense that is incapable of stopping the other team. Give Cally some motivated, tough, skull and f'in crossbone blackshirts and then we will see what he can do. Maybe he will prove me wrong.......

Perlman does not make decisions on which coaches are fired. He did his job and dismissed Pederson. If Perlman sat there and said, "I'm also firing the HC, etc etc" he would be overstepping his position. I'm not saying he's got no influence, but honestly, that is NOT his function.

You are correct. This is just the FIRST step. I think we will see more to come after the new AD come in.

I think in order to fire Callahan, they would have to negotiate a deal (money) to get rid of him. That would take a little time. That may be the reason he is still here at this time. There is a rumor that he will be gone no later than after the texas game (two weeks) The new, interim or whatever AD needs to be the one to do the firing/hiring. In order to fire Callahan the AD needs to set up the chain of command at for the time being until it is set up on a more permanent basis. You don't want to fire the HC and then try to get someone esle to do the job before next week.

The thing I keep coming back to is that Callahan's contract has a no buy out clause in case a NFL team wants him. Correct me if I'm wrong. I believe that is the way the contract is written. If Gruden does in fact go to a different NFL team, he may want Callahan as a OC. From what I understand Callahan's knowlege of x and o's and play calling is VERY good. Getting is point to the team is not. So, if Gruden wants him, there would be no buy out and the NFL team doesn't buy out either. I don't know if that holds any water but it is just a thought.