OSBORNE SAID YES WITH CONDITIONS

IMO, TO will allow BC to save face and coach until after the season is complete. We all know BC is gone at season's end. IMO, TO and Remington will be busy trying to bring one of the Husker family back. I don't know which one it will be, but I'm guessing Pelini will be the focus as I Bleed stated he was their #1 yesterday. I'm guessing if he says no, then they focus on Gill. I think it is evident that someone from the family will be brought back.

Not that I dislike Pelini (I hoped that he would be the coach when Solich was fired), but I don't exactly think he has much in the way of "Husker Family" credentials.

Pellini wasn't here long but he was well liked when he was and the players really rallied around him. They felt he was part of the family. I don't think the next coaches need to be exclusivley former husker players/ coaches. But I do think "he understood" what it meant to be a Husker when he was here. He has ties to the program, the pedigree, etc.

Also, I think he is a Defense minded coach so I bet he'd at least be open to the idea of working with Watson.

I know a few peeps on this board hate Pellini. They even say he tried to destroy Husker nation. I've asked them to elaborate but they never do.

IMO, TO will allow BC to save face and coach until after the season is complete. We all know BC is gone at season's end. IMO, TO and Remington will be busy trying to bring one of the Husker family back. I don't know which one it will be, but I'm guessing Pelini will be the focus as I Bleed stated he was their #1 yesterday. I'm guessing if he says no, then they focus on Gill. I think it is evident that someone from the family will be brought back.

Not that I dislike Pelini (I hoped that he would be the coach when Solich was fired), but I don't exactly think he has much in the way of "Husker Family" credentials.

Pellini wasn't here long but he was well liked when he was and the players really rallied around him. They felt he was part of the family. I don't think the next coaches need to be exclusivley former husker players/ coaches. But I do think "he understood" what it meant to be a Husker when he was here. He has ties to the program, the pedigree, etc.

Also, I think he is a Defense minded coach so I bet he'd at least be open to the idea of working with Watson.

I know a few peeps on this board hate Pellini. They even say he tried to destroy Husker nation. I've asked them to elaborate but they never do.

I think Bo and many others had a right to be angry. PUD and Cally threw them out the door with Solich after 1 year here. That was unacceptable considering how well the staff did with such average talent.

PUD and Cally were control freaks and I think the anger was directed towards PUD through NU not at NU directly.

I think Bo and many others had a right to be angry. PUD and Cally threw them out the door with Solich after 1 year here. That was unacceptable considering how well the staff did with such average talent.

PUD and Cally were control freaks and I think the anger was directed towards PUD through NU not at NU directly.

The guys on 1620 said something to the effect that Pellini's wife has something that said FU SP

Boy, what are we going to do when ol' Dr. Tom has passed on and he can't come bail our a$$es out anymore? We going to drag his carcass out and sit it behind a podium and talk like a ventriloquist so that all fans can be soothed on why things aren't going well? Seriously, I like T.O. but I think it's dangerous that we coming running back to daddy for help.

you sir are a moron, he will bring leadership class and crediability back to this program!!

Question: if TO takes over the AD job even on a limited basis, does he have it in him to kick Callahan right now? Because we can't forget, that's what this whole mess is about.

I don't see him firing Callahan if he is going to be the interm AD. It wouldn't make sense for him to fire and hire a new coach and then have another person come in as AD later. It wouldn't be fair to the new AD to have TO make the hire and then tell him to live with it.

I can see Cosgrove gone and other changes, but if TO is here for 15 to 18 months until a new AD takes over, then it only makes sense to leave Callahan in place so the new AD can make the changes he wants when he takes over.

Now it is possible TO and the new AD can work it out after the end of the season and jointly agree on a new coach after the first of the year, but before new recruits sign.

And here's one other thing to think about. If you were going to hire someone to come in and start chopping off heads, would you hire TO? If anything he has always been the type to give someone another chance. I'd think TO would be the last person you'd bring in if you need someone to fire people, it's just not his style.

Question: if TO takes over the AD job even on a limited basis, does he have it in him to kick Callahan right now? Because we can't forget, that's what this whole mess is about.

I don't see him firing Callahan if he is going to be the interm AD. It wouldn't make sense for him to fire and hire a new coach and then have another person come in as AD later. It wouldn't be fair to the new AD to have TO make the hire and then tell him to live with it.

I can see Cosgrove gone and other changes, but if TO is here for 15 to 18 months until a new AD takes over, then it only makes sense to leave Callahan in place so the new AD can make the changes he wants when he takes over.

Now it is possible TO and the new AD can work it out after the end of the season and jointly agree on a new coach after the first of the year, but before new recruits sign.

And here's one other thing to think about. If you were going to hire someone to come in and start chopping off heads, would you hire TO? If anything he has always been the type to give someone another chance. I'd think TO would be the last person you'd bring in if you need someone to fire people, it's just not his style.

I assume you can't be serious.

I want the coaches out as much as anyone. But what type of signal would it be to possible new AD that their head coach has already been picked for them. Could we pick a new AD in the next month and he and TO sit down together to pick a new coach, yes that's possible. But to pick a new head coach without first hiring a new full time AD and getting his input doesn't make sense. It puts us right back where Pederson didn't like Solich because Solich wasn't his pick.

I want the coaches out as much as anyone. But what type of signal would it be to possible new AD that their head coach has already been picked for them. Could we pick a new AD in the next month and he and TO sit down together to pick a new coach, yes that's possible. But to pick a new head coach without first hiring a new full time AD and getting his input doesn't make sense. It puts us right back where Pederson didn't like Solich because Solich wasn't his pick.

Well, Remington is the obvious choice for permanent AD and he will be working with TO so he will have a say. Also, plenty of ADs take new jobs where the coaches are already in place.

Osborne will be a full time AD, if I understand correctly. Yes, he will be interim, but that doesn't negate his responsibilities of improving the program by any means. Osborne won't just come in to stick a finger in the breaking dam until a real AD comes along to fix it. This whole process is geared towards a complete program makeover. I love TO, but if it turns our you're right and he wants to keep Clownahan in power, I'll pray for Rimmington to be ready sooner rather than later. Everything now rests on Callahan being dumped, but from the sound of it (reliable sources), the issue is more or less solved. Callahan is out, no matter what. And I'm just fine with that.

X

Well, Remington is the obvious choice for permanent AD and he will be working with TO so he will have a say. Also, plenty of ADs take new jobs where the coaches are already in place.

I could see that system working out and getting rid of the coaches quickly, and if that plan is already in place then things could move smoothly. As for ADs coming in with exsisting coaches in place. That's usually with coaches that have been with the program for quite a while. You don't see a coach being hired less then a year before the AD is hired. At least you don't see that very often. Hopefully you're right with what you've posted, because it looks like the best situation to me.