Need Balast to right the Ship Calling Will Shields

Will come on up, we need ya man. 15 Pro Bowls, been coached by the best, knows power football and finesse. We need to get Mr Shields on I 29 tonight and make him a part of the restoration.

These boobs driving the bus right now failed to understand husker nation. Coz , DB coach, for them it was just a job that fed their egos. Not good enough. Calling Will Shields......balast needed to right the ship.

Will come on up, we need ya man. 15 Pro Bowls, been coached by the best, knows power football and finesse. We need to get Mr Shields on I 29 tonight and make him a part of the restoration.

These boobs driving the bus right now failed to understand husker nation. Coz , DB coach, for them it was just a job that fed their egos. Not good enough. Calling Will Shields......balast needed to right the ship.

agreed i would really like to see will as the next full time AD :bonez

i'm willing to put money on Rimington...and i'm ok with that :thumbs

I want Will for the Coaching staff, not AD. Will is a great communicator, has what it takes to win, is fully versed in the fan traditions and only one year removed from Pro ball where he is a certainty to make the Hall of Fame. How can we not, fight to get this man on staff, forget his coaching experience, his experience as a winner is what we need. The staff around him can quickly give him the systems he'll need to succeed, Will can and should be in Lincoln, right now. He is sorely missed by the Chiefs, it was his leadership that made the Chiefs rushing attack so productive. Get Will on board as a coach.

Wow, he would be a sweet O-line coach!!

I think there can be a balance between the NFL pipeline/ coaching and the Husker college ball tradition. Former Huskers with pro careers would be great for recruiting and tradition.

The one thing missing- can he actually coach?

Yes, he can coach he's been the key to the Chiefs offensive line for 15 years, mentoring other players by communicating what it takes to win and be productive. In all his time in KC not 1 bad word about him. The man is a great man who should be on top of everyones list. Coaches create systems as evidenced by the current bunch, get folks who know the NU tradition, are committed to it, and execute because that is the Husker way. We fans are all the proof anyone needs. Will Shields is one of us and more because he actually played at the top level at his position.

i'm willing to put money on Rimington...and i'm ok with that :thumbs

I want Will for the Coaching staff, not AD. Will is a great communicator, has what it takes to win, is fully versed in the fan traditions and only one year removed from Pro ball where he is a certainty to make the Hall of Fame. How can we not, fight to get this man on staff, forget his coaching experience, his experience as a winner is what we need. The staff around him can quickly give him the systems he'll need to succeed, Will can and should be in Lincoln, right now. He is sorely missed by the Chiefs, it was his leadership that made the Chiefs rushing attack so productive. Get Will on board as a coach.

Will is great. If just came in and taught guys how to block and the mental aspect of competing in the trenches that alone would get us 50% of the way back on track.