Back to the current football team

Grant Wistrom for assistant DC.

Yea, that's a good idea. You do realize he just started coaching HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL right?

You are just a beacon of sunshine in every post you make! Brighten my day every time!

I can never and will never understand why some people think former players will automatically be OMG TEH BEST COACH EVER1!! That idea by itself is just plain dumb IMO.

No one on Defense was wearing a "Blackshirt" at practice today, and wont put them back on until their play on the field is deserving for them to wear them again

Thanks Rob for the update. I think it's a wise choice. That to me seems like they want to make a change for the better. To earn those Blackshirts, to get some real pride back. It's never to late to work your tail off at becoming better.

Yea, that's a good idea. You do realize he just started coaching HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL right?

You are just a beacon of sunshine in every post you make! Brighten my day every time!

I can never and will never understand why some people think former players will automatically be OMG TEH BEST COACH EVER1!! That idea by itself is just plain dumb IMO.

In a sense I can agree. I think that past and recent players can be good position coaches. I wouldn't push for whole DC thing though.

If we get another non-husker coach, I think that tradition should be retired.

While we are at it, let's change our school colors to green and yellow. Something like Oregon. Let's do away with our current fight song. Let's build a new dome stadium, get rid of the band, get a real logo on our helmets.

Having traditions carried forward does not mean we are stuck in the past. It is a way of honoring the thousands of players that have put on the uniform. Our defense is known across the country as the Blackshirts. Why would we want to change that???

In a sense I can agree. I think that past and recent players can be good position coaches. I wouldn't push for whole DC thing though.

Hang on, in this particular case it wouldnt be a dumb or bad idea. DC - definately not. But a D-line coach? That makes sense. Because he was a successful player at the college level here, and also at the professional level. So he knows more than average. And by coaching High School, that means he wants to teach & develop players. A former Blackshirt coaching, teaching, providing leadership and motivation, and the meaning of being a blackshirt. Wistrom was a bad ass. Not a bad idea as a def line coach IMO. Besides, it's only an idea.