Head Coach Wish List

rkhufu7

We need an offensive minded coach that can hire good DC, like Urban Meyer, Spurier, Tressel, Tedford, all have done. Dennis Erickson is an offensive coach, but he always has great defenses. Pelini does not have the type of personality to draw kids, its just something about him... I just don't thinbk he's the clean, midwestern image that Dr. tom was, and I think we need someone like that, but if we go defense, why not Venables? He's young... I think we are gonna go Alabama and take a proven NFL coach. Butch Davis would have been perfect!

We need an offensive minded coach that can hire good DC, like Urban Meyer, Spurier, Tressel, Tedford, all have done. Dennis Erickson is an offensive coach, but he always has great defenses. Pelini does not have the type of personality to draw kids, its just something about him... I just don't thinbk he's the clean, midwestern image that Dr. tom was, and I think we need someone like that, but if we go defense, why not Venables? He's young... I think we are gonna go Alabama and take a proven NFL coach. Butch Davis would have been perfect!

how many times are you going to post this?

Defense wins championships. Championship teams all have one thing in common, a stingy defense. Anyone can coach offense, its not always neccessary to score 100 pts, but it is necessary to stop the other team. All you have to do is look at the 2007 NU team. We need defense, and the offense will come.

I don't get this. Your saying not to hire a guy whos had success wherever he's been as a d- coordinater (pelini), but to hire another d-coordinator as our HC who Oklahoma fans don't even think is a good coach.(venables) I don't see your point. I'll take pelini over venables any day

Va Tech, Kansas State, Arizona all played great defense and they don't have any titles. It is harder to coach great offense, then it it is to recruit great defensive talent and say sickem! That is why the most consistent programs are the one's with the great offensive minded coaches that have great DCs. If you named the top 5 college HCs, only Stoops and Carroll would be the defensive guys, but they have loads of talent in California and Texas to draw from for their OCs. Any guys with talent can have a great defense, but very few can be as consistent as Tom Osborne's teams were. Snyder was an offensive mind, but he knew that KSU could not come up w/o great defense and getting beat 60-0 every week. NU is a power school/program, we don't have to go the route of KSU, VA Tech or USF, you will see it, when your defense gets worn and beaten by an offensive guru.

I don't get this. Your saying not to hire a guy whos had success wherever he's been as a d- coordinater (pelini), but to hire another d-coordinator as our HC who Oklahoma fans don't even think is a good coach.(venables) I don't see your point. I'll take pelini over venables any day

Pelini is NOT coming back! This guy could take Les Miles job if he chooses to go to Michigan! I like Charlie Strong from Florida, Patterson from TCU or Muschamp from Auburn!

I think Terry Bowden could make an excellent HC for us. He really got a raw deal at Auburn and I know he's itchin' to get back in the fray. Plus, he's a high character kinda' guy.

Imagine if you will...Terry as HC...and Kevin Kugler as "The Voice of Husker Nation"...

(for those of you who don't know they announce games together weekly for Westwood 1)

I think Terry Bowden could make an excellent HC for us. He really got a raw deal at Auburn and I know he's itchin' to get back in the fray. Plus, he's a high character kinda' guy.

Imagine if you will...Terry as HC...and Kevin Kugler as "The Voice of Husker Nation"...

(for those of you who don't know they announce games together weekly for Westwood 1)

ain't happenin. he's not a Nebraska guy and has baggage. And he can be downright flaky.

Hey husker fans i was looking at Muschamp's description on wikipedia and he has had much success and i don't think he would be a bad consideration for head coach. I know hes been brought up before, but im just looking for more opinions on him.

Will Muschamp

Muschamp is on a lot of radar screens, and with good reasons. He's put together great defenses LSU, the Dolphins, and now Auburn. Smart guy.

THAT would be a huge mistake. Huge!