I will make a real deal with you guys

First off, when the play chart says a run in the middle. That means the play was ran between the hash marks, not between the tackles. And second, Mixing it up can be more than just calling run and pass plays. There are many and I repeat many ways to run pass plays, in which Oakland did because they were a passing team. They went deep, they went across the middle, they ran screens, they threw to the their backs, tight end, and even their recievers. You also didn't mention anything about the holding calls that were called on Oakland. Did you know that two of those were called on run plays that actually went for 10 or so yards. Now I know you might be asking yourself, why didn't Bill go back to those plays if they got 10 or more yards. Well you need to ask yourself, would they of worked if they weren't cheating.

Also, why do you think Callahan should of ran the ball so much. They were a passing team. Did you start yelling at Tom in the Orange Bowl against Miami when the option didn't work for three quarters. Actually, you probally did, but the truth is why should a coach go away from an offense that he has ran successfully all year to a different type of attack that has not produced for them.

If you go back to your original post, you made three points. I have successfully proven you wrong on all three of them. So from now on, any post you make, I am going to consider irrelevant and not worth the trouble because you are wrong, and I have proved it.

P.S. It looks like you were right about Utah losing twice before the end of the regular season. WAIT. They are still undefeated, with one game left. That means that you were wrong there. Wow. You just don't seem to know your football at all now do you.

I guess this is a well worn topic, but I would hope we would give Callahan a chance to do something with his own recruits. I have been critical of the play calling this year too. I think Bill lost this team when he brought in asst. coaches. It was his right to do it, but these players signed to play for a group of coaches and when those coaches were wiped out, it's created a mess.

People forget how close players get to coaches, in some cases they are father figures. It's taking me a long time to say it, but more assistant coaches should have been retained and I think we would have seen better results.

I'm sure Pederson wanted no part of Pelini, because Bo saw right through that phony bastard. In what way did retaining Gill help this team other than the fact that he's probably a pretty good yes man. Our receivers drop more passes than ever before.

First off, when the play chart says a run in the middle. That means the play was ran between the hash marks, not between the tackles. And second, Mixing it up can be more than just calling run and pass plays. There are many and I repeat many ways to run pass plays, in which Oakland did because they were a passing team. They went deep, they went across the middle, they ran screens, they threw to the their backs, tight end, and even their recievers. You also didn't mention anything about the holding calls that were called on Oakland. Did you know that two of those were called on run plays that actually went for 10 or so yards. Now I know you might be asking yourself, why didn't Bill go back to those plays if they got 10 or more yards. Well you need to ask yourself, would they of worked if they weren't cheating.

Also, why do you think Callahan should of ran the ball so much. They were a passing team. Did you start yelling at Tom in the Orange Bowl against Miami when the option didn't work for three quarters. Actually, you probally did, but the truth is why should a coach go away from an offense that he has ran successfully all year to a different type of attack that has not produced for them.

If you go back to your original post, you made three points. I have successfully proven you wrong on all three of them. So from now on, any post you make, I am going to consider irrelevant and not worth the trouble because you are wrong, and I have proved it.

P.S. It looks like you were right about Utah losing twice before the end of the regular season. WAIT. They are still undefeated, with one game left. That means that you were wrong there. Wow. You just don't seem to know your football at all now do you.

You're an idiot. When it says up the middle it means between the guards. Otherwise it will say guard or tackle. The only one of those 3 that can be outside is tackle. And that's only if there's no tight end in the game. If there is a tight end in the game, an outside run will be listed as end. Of the 7 called running plays that Oakland had (it looks like I misread the first time, Gannon had two scrambles), 4 were tackle, the other 3 were either guard or up the middle.

So exactly how did you prove me wrong? You said that Billy mixed it up and called runs "where he had some success". I merely pointed out that wasn't true. Now you change your mind and say he shouldn't have run the ball at all because they were a passing team. That's proving me wrong? Is quoting some line from a class you took at motivation proving me wrong? You know that College football is all about emotion. You know a big chunk of that motivation comes from a good coach. To say only 5% comes from the coach and elsewhere is assenine. A player can get himself fired up before the game but if he comes out and keeps having to run the same sorry schemes (on defense) that he knows won't work, it going to wear on him. He can try his hardest to stay motivated, but that's going to get to even the best players.

You rambled a lot in that last post, so I don't know if I can answer all your insults and still stay on topic. I didn't second guess Tom in the Orange Bowl in '94. As I remember it we were moving the ball pretty well on them and were up at halftime anyway, or was it down 1...I can't remember. Oh and that Utah thing. Ok, I was wrong. They won't lose 2 games this year. That was a prediction. It doesn't mean I don't know football. I predicted Nebraska would win 8 games this year, does that mean I don't know football?

To be honest I don't get you. Why do you have so much emotion invested in Bill Callahan? Is it because when he turns out to be a failure and the Huskers have had irreparable damage done to them in 3 years, you will have to admit that this coaching change was not a good idea? At least DaveH and DJ will debate. You just shoot off your mouth with a bunch of things you haven't checked and then when I come back at you with stats you insult me by calling me stupid and then say you're not going to answer my posts anymore. I'll keep answering yours. But maybe you should add a debate or logic class to your schedule for next semester. That would make it a little easier to have a coherent conversation with you.

I guess this is a well worn topic, but I would hope we would give Callahan a chance to do something with his own recruits. I have been critical of the play calling this year too. I think Bill lost this team when he brought in asst. coaches. It was his right to do it, but these players signed to play for a group of coaches and when those coaches were wiped out, it's created a mess.

People forget how close players get to coaches, in some cases they are father figures. It's taking me a long time to say it, but more assistant coaches should have been retained and I think we would have seen better results.

I'm sure Pederson wanted no part of Pelini, because Bo saw right through that phony bastard. In what way did retaining Gill help this team other than the fact that he's probably a pretty good yes man. Our receivers drop more passes than ever before.

Well said. While I didn't agree with the coaching change in the first place, I was willing to give Callahan a chance in the beginning. I agree that keeping some assistants on would have made a world of difference. But I guess none of this matters because we're stuck with this group of jokers for at least 2 more years.

We can give him two years, three years, it doesn't matter. The guy can not coach. How long before the stadium is empty? We are moving in a backwards direction, not forwards. There has been nothing forward about this program this year. Solich and his new staff would have done a better job and won more games. We don't know what recruits the new staff would have brought in, they were never given the chance, but they could coach. Peterson and Callahan are jokes, face it boys.

We can give him two years, three years, it doesn't matter. The guy can not coach. How long before the stadium is empty? We are moving in a backwards direction, not forwards. There has been nothing forward about this program this year. Solich and his new staff would have done a better job and won more games. We don't know what recruits the new staff would have brought in, they were never given the chance, but they could coach. Peterson and Callahan are jokes, face it boys.

But gamecocks already 'proved' us wrong on those points. :wacko: Didn't you read the other posts?

this is so funny

post after post

topic after topic

"BC SUCKS ASS"

"NO HE DOESN'T"

"YES HU"

"GIVE HIM TIME"

"9-3 and fired"

myself I think that NU should hire me as head coach.  You should see what I did for the Huskers on NCAA Football 2005

Man Dailey is alot better on that game then he is in real life. Crap so is Benard Thomas.

lol

that isn't a lie at all, but i'm in like season 12 so hes gone

funny thing is that Jason White is still QB for OU, going on his 35 year

this is so funny

post after post

topic after topic

"BC SUCKS ASS"

"NO HE DOESN'T"

"YES HU"

"GIVE HIM TIME"

"9-3 and fired"

myself I think that NU should hire me as head coach.  You should see what I did for the Huskers on NCAA Football 2005

:rollin So True.

It's weird in those games how after about 10 seasons most of the college football powerhouses aren't good anymore and you get really weird teams that win championships. I played like 20 seasons on NCAA 2003 and I was always competing with SMU and UNLV for the national title.

this is so funny

post after post

topic after topic

"BC SUCKS ASS"

"NO HE DOESN'T"

"YES HU"

"GIVE HIM TIME"

"9-3 and fired"

myself I think that NU should hire me as head coach. You should see what I did for the Huskers on NCAA Football 2005

we have a winner!!!! :thumbs dood that was the smartest post ive seen round here in a long time :rollin dam funny stuff.