Can we ask NCAA for an asterisk on the Calllahan years ??

NU#1

I'm not serious (at least I don't think I'm serious) but it has to somehow be historically noted that the Huskers only 2 losing seasons in the last 4 decades came in the the last 4 years under BC.

Since it is now a certainty that Callahan will be gone, what will we ultimately call these past four dreadful years?

"The Dark Age"

"Nebraska's version of the Schnellenberger Debacle (times 4)"

"B.P" - Before Pelini (not really accurate because dumb ass Pederson canned Bo after winning a bowl game)

"bullsh#t Bill's Wild Ride"

"Lost"

"The Ex-Oakland Raider Experiment"

"The Drought"

"The Drift Beyond Mediocrity"

how about "Then"

as in "Remember son, how bad things were 'Then'. Don't take anything for granted"

or--"We were always good! for 40+ years. and 'Then'. But now, 60 years since 'Then' we have been doing things our way and we've been good ever since." etc...

Surely we can just cover the whole thing up... never talk about again, remove every reference from any book everywhere. We can pretend these years never existed... It was like a massive daylight savings time.... we jumped forward four years because of daylight and crap.

Honestly, I feel bad even saying that... just for the players, they are totally invested and have no clue what an ass BC is... I am a jerk

----------------

Now playing: Thrice - Night Diving

I'm not serious (at least I don't think I'm serious) but it has to somehow be historically noted that the Huskers only 2 losing seasons in the last 4 decades came in the the last 4 years under BC.

Since it is now a certainty that Callahan will be gone, what will we ultimately call these past four dreadful years?

"The Dark Age"

"Nebraska's version of the Schnellenberger Debacle (times 4)"

"B.P" - Before Pelini (not really accurate because dumb ass Pederson canned Bo after winning a bowl game)

"bullsh#t Bill's Wild Ride"

"Lost"

"The Ex-Oakland Raider Experiment"

"The Drought"

"The Drift Beyond Mediocrity"

Sorry, I like this one: "bullsh#t Bill's Wild Ride", that is too f'ing funny! :rollin:rollin

For posterity, it should be noted that these were the "passing years". I, for one, am glad they are about past. If you have, at minimum, a great passing quarterback, they could be good years. But....

These years should not be forgotten or ignored lest once again the coaches start to think NU needs to be a passing team.

Back to time when the opponent knows we are going to run and they know there is not a thing they can do to shut the run down.