McKeon

red4life

To be honest this doesn't surprise me, and in fact it actually explains a few things. I don't know what a Husker––any Husker––is doing boozing after the third embarrassment in three weeks. Personally, if I had a demon's chance in Hell of playing for Nebraska or (God willing) making it to the next level, the last thing on my mind would be the bottle. I'd probably not have a single friend; every ounce of willpower would go into the team and into improving myself.

I realize they're in college, but they have an opportunity to do something that very few people in the world ever do. I think their lives should reflect their opportunities, and it seems that they're doing everything possible to squander what life has given them.

People keep saying, "Stick with the players," but it appears as though they won't stick with us.

X

Couldn't agree more X! Somewhere along the way husker football has lost it's identity. It used to mean something to be a husker player, just wearing the scarlet and cream and the N on the helmet was motivation enough. Coaches used to take a guys heart and determination into consideration when recruiting them or letting them walk-on. This staff just recruits the highest rated players and then can't teach or motivate them, but I do have hope. TO is a good start, I'm convinced that he'll do everything he can to reinstall the pride and tradition in the program.

That's why I was so thrilled when TO stepped in as AD. Even though he won't be coaching, won't be recruiting in the technical sense, he'll find someone who knows what it means to play for Nebraska. Win or lose, what hurts worst of all is seeing that our guys don't even play like Huskers. And the coaches are largely to blame.

I hope Tom sets this right very soon. I trust him.

X

Not only do they not play like huskers, but then they allegedly get drunk and bad mouth the fans! That's the last straw. OSBORNE WILL RESTORE THE ORDER!

I can't vouch for Sam, but I will say that Corey McKeon is somewhat notorious around town.

I am not going to go into specifics, suffice to say that the dude walks around with his polo-shirt's collar "popped."

I have two friends that work in downtown bars/restaurants that have told me stories of how he demands free drinks, instant service for he and his "entourage."

Football players around Lincoln haven't always been known to be the most cordial or humble characters. However, at least the players before Corey could play. I don't want to get into name-calling, but Corey McKeon is about the last person that should exert himself as a tough-guy.

If he wanted to start a fight with me, all I'd have to do is grab a football, run right at him, and it's game over.

I'm sure he'd be about 20 yards away from me when it was all over, scratching his head.

To be honest this doesn't surprise me, and in fact it actually explains a few things. I don't know what a Husker––any Husker––is doing boozing after the third embarrassment in three weeks. Personally, if I had a demon's chance in Hell of playing for Nebraska or (God willing) making it to the next level, the last thing on my mind would be the bottle. I'd probably not have a single friend; every ounce of willpower would go into the team and into improving myself.

I realize they're in college, but they have an opportunity to do something that very few people in the world ever do. I think their lives should reflect their opportunities, and it seems that they're doing everything possible to squander what life has given them.

People keep saying, "Stick with the players," but it appears as though they won't stick with us.

X

I know someone who is close to one of the players there and they said the big problem is NO curfew even on the night before games,probably all out getting drunk. McKeon and Keller should be benched I guess I would be POd too, their legacy will be playing for the worst Nebraska team possibly ever.

I can't vouch for Sam, but I will say that Corey McKeon is somewhat notorious around town.

I am not going to go into specifics, suffice to say that the dude walks around with his polo-shirt's collar "popped."

I have two friends that work in downtown bars/restaurants that have told me stories of how he demands free drinks, instant service for he and his "entourage."

Football players around Lincoln haven't always been known to be the most cordial or humble characters. However, at least the players before Corey could play. I don't want to get into name-calling, but Corey McKeon is about the last person that should exert himself as a tough-guy.

If he wanted to start a fight with me, all I'd have to do is grab a football and run right at him.

Nice one! He'd come after you with his head down and his eyes closed!

I know the Peter brothers were notorious in the bar scene, but at least they backed it up on the field!

X

I know someone who is close to one of the players there and they said the big problem is NO curfew even on the night before games,probably all out getting drunk. McKeon and Keller should be benched I guess I would be POd too, their legacy will be playing for the worst Nebraska team possibly ever.

No curfew? I don't buy that. Although I would buy players simply ignoring the coaches orders....

You'll understand if I take this with a grain of salt.

i am taking it with two grains of salt. the "quoted" remarks sound too scripted (e.g why would he throw TO's name in there) and more like something that would appear in a teenage sexploitation movie like varsity blues then would happen in real life. i did; however, like the reference to the Brass Rail. what a dump!

If he wanted to start a fight with me, all I'd have to do is grab a football and run right at him.

I know the Peter brothers were notorious in the bar scene, but at least they backed it up on the field!

actually, does anyone remember during the 97 season when some guy at a bar in lincoln punched wistrom in the face and game him a black eye. apparently, wistrom did not retaliate and then osborne praised him for not fighting back. that was probably the mature thing to do, but i think alot of people kind of thought he was a "alternative name for a cat" for not at least trying to pummel the guy.

actually, does anyone remember during the 97 season when some guy at a bar in lincoln punched wistrom in the face and game him a black eye. apparently, wistrom did not retaliate and then osborne praised him for not fighting back. that was probably the mature thing to do, but i think alot of people kind of thought he was a "alternative name for a cat" for not at least trying to pummel the guy.

Wistrom definitely wasn't a p***y on the field like Mckeon is!

I belive that sam is out there and trying hard but possibly to hard, so he got drunk and spit out a few dumbass comments so isnt that what happens when you get sh#t face drunk and i bet anyone of us do the dam samething.

Now Mckeon ever since he had his little cry me a river moment who gives a flying SH*T what the hell he says and if he feels that way about the 97 team he would get his ass stomped in a second cause he couldnt drink the sweat from their jockstraps.

So i can take it that keller said a few stupid things but Mckeon F that F-ucker

completely agree with your statement and in reality if he had fought back he probably would have beaten the guy silly and then been suspended or worse; however, i am sure the guy who punched him has made a "career" out of telling anyone who will listen to him that he is the guy that kicked grant wistrom's ass.

Nope Wistrom did what was right there, because if he would have fought back HELLO JAIL, then probably bench for at least one game. I'm sure he used his aggression on the field the next Sat and just imagined that guys face there. :lol:

I belong to probably about ten forums of various types, comic relief is probably the part that I enjoy most and this line may be the funniest I have had the pleasure to read.

Very, very good. Sometimes I wonder if my wife thinks that I hear voices, I'm sitting at the computer and burst into laughter for no apparent reason. :LOLtartar