What I can confirm

I'm just curious.

Do you guys have a protocol for servicing IBR? Because if you don't have some point of order for just blindly blowing him, then it might get messy.

Anyone's "source" will get a little flighty if he always gets reported on. In my opinion anyway.

Shouldn't some kind of a Mod stop this kind of talk on this board? Of course, I expect no less from NUpolo8. It fits his psychological profile. However, I have to agree with the "source" getting a little flighty. That seems to be a logical thought...Even tho the middle "statement" is rather insipid.

You saw my psychological profile? I was looking for that...

"Oh yes, yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying 'Beware of the Leopard'." ;)

While firing BC is a distinct possibility, what if TO likes other aspects of the program (graduation rates, off the field conduct, effort on the field) and decides to give him a chance provided he shakes up the staff? Coz will have to go. With Gruden wearing thin on the ownership group in Tampa, he may be on the way out. Let's bring in Monte Kiffin as DC to get the D back on track. He can coach a few more years and mentor a successor. If BC doesn't show improvement, then you clean house and start fresh.

actually very refreshing perspective and if Cally was'nt such an ego-maniac maybe could of went that way, but for lack of a better term he is an a-hole...........and the buyout terms have been discussed if he refuses to resign he will sit through the season and take the lumps...........but Cally is gone after this year.

Is NU looking at Urban Meyer? I know its a long shot but that'd be awesome if we could get him.

No Way he would come to NU..at least i dont think so but who am i to say

Not only Meyer --- but no way any established coach at any school that has sniffed the top 25 the past few years would even remotely consider NU. NU is, I am afraid to say, not a major program anymore and is a fishbowl that most any coach would avoid. It is not a top 25 coaching job. So, do not expect a major coach to come here. the only hope to attract anyone that is proven is to have a disproportionate amount of $ thrown their way. Sort of like Alabama did.

Yeah, Nebraska isn't a top 25 school anymore...kinda like Miami, Notre Dame and Florida State aren't top 25 programs anymore....Or back in the 90's when USC and Oklahoma (before Carroll and Stoops) weren't top 25 programs. Please, Nebraska is clearly a top 25 program and will be again assuming that TO brings in the right HC (and definitely not be Turner Gill).

Why not Turner Gill? What has he done to be automatically disqualified by so many on these boards? The man should definitely be interviewed. Not because he happened to play here but for the reasons below.

First, look at what he has done at Buffalo. He inherited facilities and talent on what has been argued by ,many to be the worst program in D1 and immediately had those guys overachieving. He has those guys believing in themselves, the program and definitely in the coaching staff. Compare that to Callahan who takes five star recruits and gets them to underachieve. So on this first test, Turner is much more like Osborne and Devaney than Callahan and I suspect better than what a lot of other coaches could do at Buffalo.

As such he has more head coaching experience than Bo. And yes, I think Bo should be interviewed too. My point is that saying Gill doesn't have enough experience is not valid. If it is, then Bo should not be interviewed either.

Next Gill does have a lot of years in coaching. The man is 45 years old. Some have said maybe in a few years after he has more years of experience. Well how much more does he need and if you wait too long he'll only have a few years before retirement to give. He was a good position coach while he was here and coaching Crouch, Frost, and Tommie too (I think) certainly can't damage his credibility can it?

He has Texas connections for recruiting. That must count for something.

He was given administrative duties while here as well I believe as assistant head coach with Frank. Or some title like that anyway.

Finally, if he does pass the muster in all the other areas that Tom Osborne would require, then his experience as a former coach and player at one of college footballs most prestigious instituations SHOULD be considered. He is charismatic to his players and given his Nebraska player bloodlines, the state could rally around him like few others if he passes the interview requirements.

It would be foolish to write this talent off just because he played at NU. Yes we don't want to pull another John Blake like Oklahoma did. But Turner Gill is 45 with a lot more experience and more of a track record than Blake had at age 34 when he was hired.

All I am saying is give Gill a chance too. I have followed him closely since he started at Buffalo. Given what he has had to work with there, he has been very impressive in every aspect of the Head Coaching job. He has inspired the players, his coaching staff and the Buffalo community by demonstrating charisma and also character that reminds me of the man I bet he learned some of it from: Tom Osborne.

Some of you are very adamant about not wanting Gill. If it is fear of commiting another Blake. That is valid but it doesn't automatically disqualify Gill from consideration. Further, just because Blake didn't work out at Oklahoma doesn't mean that a former coach/player here will never work. If that is the case Bob Devaney should have never hired Tom Osborne. And Tom should have been a complete failure as Blake was at Oklahoma.

If Gill wants an interview, he definitely deserve a real and serious interview. And I would not be surprised that under a full and comprehensive review, Gill may be the best man for the job. In my opinion it is between Gill and Pelini. If it is a tie, Gill gets my tiebreaker vote (if I had one) due to character, experience and yes, a history and understanding of Nebraska football tradition.

It shouldn't matter who the person is as long as they are the BEST person for the position. :thumbs

I'm just curious.

Do you guys have a protocol for servicing IBR? Because if you don't have some point of order for just blindly blowing him, then it might get messy.

Anyone's "source" will get a little flighty if he always gets reported on. In my opinion anyway.

Shouldn't some kind of a Mod stop this kind of talk on this board? Of course, I expect no less from NUpolo8. It fits his psychological profile. However, I have to agree with the "source" getting a little flighty. That seems to be a logical thought...Even tho the middle "statement" is rather insipid.

You saw my psychological profile? I was looking for that...

"Oh yes, yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying 'Beware of the Leopard'." ;)

:rollin

Well played sir. Well played.

Well there was an interview from Bo, and he says he really loved the Nebraska Atmosphere. If the money and offer was there, he would be on it.

With the Past loss this week it is eminent for Callahan's demise. With a loss from A&M, we have a heeeeeelll of a final lap for a schedule. Texas, Kansas, Kansas State, Colorado. It could be humiliating the outcome of the rest of the year.

Basically my best bets our on offers for Gill or Pelini. Osbourne LOVES Turner. But I believe Pelini is the better coach.

Then there are rumors on Rimington as AD. I would be pleased seeing even more past huskers become involved.

While firing BC is a distinct possibility, what if TO likes other aspects of the program (graduation rates, off the field conduct, effort on the field) and decides to give him a chance provided he shakes up the staff? Coz will have to go. With Gruden wearing thin on the ownership group in Tampa, he may be on the way out. Let's bring in Monte Kiffin as DC to get the D back on track. He can coach a few more years and mentor a successor. If BC doesn't show improvement, then you clean house and start fresh.

The moment for 'what ifs' is way past us. THe situation has detiorated past redemption for BC. Even if we wanted to keep him, he's outta here!

Why not Turner Gill? What has he done to be automatically disqualified by so many on these boards? The man should definitely be interviewed. Not because he happened to play here but for the reasons below.

First, look at what he has done at Buffalo. He inherited facilities and talent on what has been argued by ,many to be the worst program in D1 and immediately had those guys overachieving. He has those guys believing in themselves, the program and definitely in the coaching staff. Compare that to Callahan who takes five star recruits and gets them to underachieve. So on this first test, Turner is much more like Osborne and Devaney than Callahan and I suspect better than what a lot of other coaches could do at Buffalo.

As such he has more head coaching experience than Bo. And yes, I think Bo should be interviewed too. My point is that saying Gill doesn't have enough experience is not valid. If it is, then Bo should not be interviewed either.

Next Gill does have a lot of years in coaching. The man is 45 years old. Some have said maybe in a few years after he has more years of experience. Well how much more does he need and if you wait too long he'll only have a few years before retirement to give. He was a good position coach while he was here and coaching Crouch, Frost, and Tommie too (I think) certainly can't damage his credibility can it?

He has Texas connections for recruiting. That must count for something.

He was given administrative duties while here as well I believe as assistant head coach with Frank. Or some title like that anyway.

Finally, if he does pass the muster in all the other areas that Tom Osborne would require, then his experience as a former coach and player at one of college footballs most prestigious instituations SHOULD be considered. He is charismatic to his players and given his Nebraska player bloodlines, the state could rally around him like few others if he passes the interview requirements.

It would be foolish to write this talent off just because he played at NU. Yes we don't want to pull another John Blake like Oklahoma did. But Turner Gill is 45 with a lot more experience and more of a track record than Blake had at age 34 when he was hired.

All I am saying is give Gill a chance too. I have followed him closely since he started at Buffalo. Given what he has had to work with there, he has been very impressive in every aspect of the Head Coaching job. He has inspired the players, his coaching staff and the Buffalo community by demonstrating charisma and also character that reminds me of the man I bet he learned some of it from: Tom Osborne.

Some of you are very adamant about not wanting Gill. If it is fear of commiting another Blake. That is valid but it doesn't automatically disqualify Gill from consideration. Further, just because Blake didn't work out at Oklahoma doesn't mean that a former coach/player here will never work. If that is the case Bob Devaney should have never hired Tom Osborne. And Tom should have been a complete failure as Blake was at Oklahoma.

If Gill wants an interview, he definitely deserve a real and serious interview. And I would not be surprised that under a full and comprehensive review, Gill may be the best man for the job. In my opinion it is between Gill and Pelini. If it is a tie, Gill gets my tiebreaker vote (if I had one) due to character, experience and yes, a history and understanding of Nebraska football tradition.

I agree whole heartedly SeedGuy. I think Gill certainly deserves a look. He is a class guy who gave a lot to NU both as an athlete and as an assistant coach. I'm not sure he'd want to return to Lincoln. He was treated badly here when he dared marring out of his race and I'm not sure he wants to put his family through that again. Despite how we like to think of ourselves as one big happy family, Lincoln is and has always been a racially divided community.

I'd almost forgotten just how bad it was until I recently returned from Iraq and witnessed it for myself once again. We need to take a good look at ourselves people.

Sorry for jumping on that subject, but let's hope that Gill gets a fair look. As a coach I think he would make an outstanding candidate. He certainly knows our traditions and what it means to be play for our great University. He was always outstanding as a recruiter, something we've lost sight of in recent years, and hopefully can bring some honor and dignity back to us once again. We know it's not going to happen over night, no matter who takes over. GO BIG RED