What I can confirm

Good list. I'd like to see Brian Kelly added to that list as well. I have my doubts about Leavitt wanting to come here but he would be a home run hire. If we can get an excellent proven head coach that would make me feel better than a talented coordinator but we'll see how it goes.

Some of the best HC's were coordinator's first and someone took a chance on them, ie, Bob Stops, Mark Richt, Tommy Tuberville, Mangino (can't believe I said that), etc. Most of the proven HC's aren't going to leave their post. I say give a chance to a very good coordinator. :-) Pelini, Muschamp, etc. :)

For the record, if Pelini accepts or interviews for a job that doesn't yet exist, then that should tell all that he should not be given a head cocahing job. His lack of loyalty is well documented.

NUpolo8... Happens every day in the real world. If you don't think these conversations happen in other foorball programs or in the corporate world you're only kidding yourself!

Is NU looking at Urban Meyer? I know its a long shot but that'd be awesome if we could get him.

Absolutely gaurantee that Urban Meyer doesn't care if Nebraska is looking at him. He will not leave Florida for here. I am a huge fan and believe that we have the best of all worlds, but I am not that big of a homer to think we have a chance at him. We also don't have a chance at Bob Stoops, Pete Carroll or any other HC at a top 10 school.

We'll be lucky if Michigan keeps their HC, then Les Miles will stay at LSU and Pelini might just be available. If Miles goes to Michigan, why would Bo come here? He would have a top 5 team in LSU in his back pocket. He would just have to move to the bigger office accross the hall from where he is now!

Having said that I am still hopeful that we can get him from LSU!!!

GBR

I just want an honest, hard-working coach that doesn't think we are a bunch of hicks, and are obviously too stupid to know anything about football. I"m all for Bo, but if he has success here, would he stay around or bail? Guess I'm willing to take that chance.

OH, and if I hear TFL or some other dumb-ass acronym come out of Cally's mouth, I just might puke.

Okay then - BC is honest, hard-working, and obviously knows a LOT about football. I must have missed it, does he think we're a bunch of hicks?

Yeah, we're in hard times - but that doesn't mean BC isn't an honest, hard-working, knowledgeable coach. The problem is, most of us care less about that - we just want results in the W column. And that's not a bad thing (I won't argue that in this post, anyway), because in the end, it's the W's that count.

IBR's info. makes sense to me:

Pelini - the #1 target

Leavitt - FL recruiting ties; strong feeling he is tied to So. FL but maybe once he sees the facilities, the history, the $$$...who knows...still think he is a longshot but not impossible.

Patterson - TX recruiting ties, born in Kansas, defensive minded, this is a guy that may want the job and go after it hard.

There is another thread here on HuskerBoard linked here Head Coach Wish List that brings up a lot of other names being thrown around on this thread (i.e. Tedford from Cal...not likely IMO, Peterson from Boise State, Johnson from Navy, etc.).

I have a very hard time believing that T.O. isn't looking at his good friend Turner Gill over at Buffalo...I know he's not a fan of Bo's style but I can see why he's looking at him just because fans like Bo. However, to think that Turner, who Tom still talks to once a week, is not in the running is ludicrous.

I read somewhere that Bo reminds Tom of Bob Devaney.

And Tom loves Turner..Probably too much to recommend the NU job (to him).

If Tom had it to do over again, I'm not sure he wouldn't rather have coached at Hastings College.

Is NU looking at Urban Meyer? I know its a long shot but that'd be awesome if we could get him.

Funny..I was asked on a Gator board who we were targeting..I told them some unknown that coached at some Utah school..Urban something..Meyer? I got a lot of replies with emoticons like this---> :madash

What do you think would happen here if Tom ended up recommending Frank come back?

Not saying I'd want to see it happen..Just wondering if many of us could survive a dip in the roller-coaster ride like that.

I'm just curious.

Do you guys have a protocol for servicing IBR? Because if you don't have some point of order for just blindly blowing him, then it might get messy.

Anyone's "source" will get a little flighty if he always gets reported on. In my opinion anyway.