What I can confirm

Is Tedford from Cal a realistic candidate? I know he loves our facilities and is having problems getting his built.

Tedford is a great coach and would good for Nebraska. He is fed up with Berkley's tree huggers and other assorted fruits and nuts.

I definitely hope he gets a call! I know you Trojan fans would love to get him out of the pac-10.

Is Tedford from Cal a realistic candidate? I know he loves our facilities and is having problems getting his built.

Tedford is a great coach and would good for Nebraska. He is fed up with Berkley's tree huggers and other assorted fruits and nuts.

I don't like Tedford, but mostly I think its bias on my part because he coaches for the most overrated team in the history of football.

For the record, if Pelini accepts or interviews for a job that doesn't yet exist, then that should tell all that he should not be given a head cocahing job. His lack of loyalty is well documented.

Ok, lets see, he was fired from Nebraska and OU hired him to be Co-DC, then LSU hired him to be the only DC. He couldn't help the situation at Nebraskas, and the LSU thing was a promotion. Is there somethign I am missing on his lack of loyalty?

Also, yes, I think it is a concern he would bolt for the NFL. But that is a realistic concern with any and all coaches we hire these days.

PS - I'm not a Bogazm person. In fact I don't care who we get as coach as long as it is the best person for the job at the time. No homer hires, no "name" hires. Just the best coach based on the resume. One issue I have with Bo - no HC experience.

I apologize if this info is already on the board. I didn't look. I got a call around 2:00 central time with this info. I didn't realize so many people would want a PM so I am posting here instead.

The only info that my source can confirm today is that there are 3 coaching candidates that are being researched and the "feelers are being put out to the appropriate channels".

Theses 3 coaches are being researched, reviewed, talked to and then they will assess to interview:

Bo Pelini (already talked to)

Jim Leavitt USFl

Gary Patterson TCU

It doesn't mean they aren't interested in others or will hire one of these 3. This is just confirmation that they have interest in these 3 officially off the record...whatever that means.

I would love to have any one of those three guys. Thanks for all the updates IBR.