To All the Callahan Supporters Out There

All he can do is recruit

after that he cant do anything.

his players are great but the problem is, he is a dumba**

Tom Osbourne used the walk on program and didnt get the most athletic players, but he could mold them from being decent players, to being great players.

callahan should resign, stop coaching and work at taco bell.

There are 40-50 walk-on's on the team right now. People who say the walk-on program is in shambles simply haven't kept up with facts.

Sure, it isn't Franks 100+ walk on team but it isn't like we only have 5 walk-ons.

I have kept up. As far as the walk-on program goes, it is not gone at all. But, aparently it is bad enough that TO had to mention it and state that it needs to be there and why in his FIRST press conference as acting AD. So......

Even Tommy Frazier said something very close to the same thing in an interview.

All he can do is recruit

after that he cant do anything.

his players are great but the problem is, he is a dumba**

Tom Osbourne used the walk on program and didnt get the most athletic players, but he could mold them from being decent players, to being great players.

callahan should resign, stop coaching and work at taco bell.

There are 40-50 walk-on's on the team right now. People who say the walk-on program is in shambles simply haven't kept up with facts.

Sure, it isn't Franks 100+ walk on team but it isn't like we only have 5 walk-ons.

I have kept up. As far as the walk-on program goes, it is not gone at all. But, aparently it is bad enough that TO had to mention it and state that it needs to be there and why in his FIRST press conference as acting AD. So......

Even Tommy Frazier said something very close to the same thing in an interview.

I believe TO said in a later interview that he brought up the walk-on issue because he was impressed with how many of the walk-ons showed up for 1997 Championship Team reunion and it didn't have anything to do with the current state of the program...

So.... TO also said he wasn't sure exactly where the walk-on program was and he restated it's importance. Which this staff has also done repeatedly.

So.... TO also said he wasn't sure exactly where the walk-on program was and he restated it's importance. Which this staff has also done repeatedly.

That is all true but when he went on to talk about being able to run more offensive, defensive and special teams stations in practice, I thought he was talking about the walk on program being cut as bad as it has. Especially when he said that the walk on program was a huge part of the culture and the uniting of the state and how it was one of the things that created and made for the unbelievable bond with all Nebraskans and their football team. I don't know, maybe it was just me. That is what I took from it?

Oh, you could throw in the fact that the graduation rate is still among the nations highest. While teams like USC and Missouri struggle to graduate half their players.

Great point! This has not fallen off under Callahan and is something that I believe makes a great statement about the quality of student athlete and priorities of students/coaches.

2 game winning streak against Colorado? It's something.

Although any coach could have come in and ditched the run in favor of a passing attack (short, very short passing attack), he did bring recievers to the program, and passing QBs that have done well or sitting in the wing. Toss out the big playbook, and the next coach will hopefully spread these guys out from sideline to sideline, and throw downfield while keeping an importance on the running game. So talent wise, they are here and ready. Just need a new direction, motiviation, confidence, and battle tested during practice before game day.

Name 1 good thing that Bill Callahan has done for the program.

I have to admit, I was a big BC supporter in the beginning (Not any more!!). I honestly haven't talked to anybody that still supports him! Surely there has to be somebody out there......right? Anybody? :dunno

Nope sorry, they all have been exterminated!!

It's just surprising that there isn't anyone that wouldn't still support him. Just figured there'd be some guy out there that didn't know his elbow from his a** and would still support him just b/c he's still our coach :lol: . No matter what the situation, you always seem to run into these people. I just haven't found any

Freemason9???

exactly what i was thinking...

Oh, you could throw in the fact that the graduation rate is still among the nations highest. While teams like USC and Missouri struggle to graduate half their players.

Great point! This has not fallen off under Callahan and is something that I believe makes a great statement about the quality of student athlete and priorities of students/coaches.

:yeah

Plus..He gave some of us a new appreciation of Option Football!

:yeah

Plus..He gave some of us a new appreciation of Option Football!

Good point. After watching Cally's putrid wco this year, a power running attack with the option would be terrific!

2 game winning streak against Colorado? It's something.

Although any coach could have come in and ditched the run in favor of a passing attack (short, very short passing attack), he did bring recievers to the program, and passing QBs that have done well or sitting in the wing. Toss out the big playbook, and the next coach will hopefully spread these guys out from sideline to sideline, and throw downfield while keeping an importance on the running game. So talent wise, they are here and ready. Just need a new direction, motiviation, confidence, and battle tested during practice before game day.

i agree, whomever takes over will not have a bare cupboard. using the talent and building an offense around some key players and their ability is still the best way to win football games, year in and year out.