The Pelini threads (all of them)

TLS2

I'm thinking with Michigan's turn-around, they won't be replacing Carr soon, and Les Miles is the Media's pick to replace him anyway. I still think Bo would choose NU over LSU. I hope he gets the chance to choose.

I agree that with Michigans comeback that if they were to beat Ohio State there is NO WAY they would let him go. However, even if they win out up to the OSU game and lose against OSU then he might get the boot. If the OSU/UM game is close and they lost he still might have a chance at staying which in turn would close the door to Les Miles. IF Miles did leave I think that Pelini might pick LSU over the Huskers because he's already rooted there. I would like to see him come here so let's root for Michigan to beat OSU! :hellloooo

Even if Michigan loses to Ohio St. and they win the rest of the games they would go 9-3, you think Michigan would fire Carr then? They saw how it worked out for Nebraska after a 9-3 coach got fired. One thing that is different is that Michigan purportedly :) have Les Miles lining up to come in....

More likely the spin would be he retired rather then was fired so the media storm would be dissipated unless he started coaching somewhere else. By then not even Dick Vitale would get on his soapbox every time he was on tv and complain like he did with Nebraska.

I think Lloyd Carr would have something to say about that and he is too proud to be fired or forced to resign and then let Michigan get away scott free by selling it as a retirement.

Well some people will eat their pride for loyalty maybe not the administration but the institution itself. Remember he comes from a different ERA when people did that rather then tear down a school they loved.

You have to wonder if Nebraska offers, and Miles does leave, would Pelini get offered right away by LSU, or would they have a coaching search? Pelini already been through that kind of process and it didn't end up well for him. The saying is a bird in the hand is worth two in a bush.

maybe LSU could get nick saban?

... what?

You have to wonder if Nebraska offers, and Miles does leave, would Pelini get offered right away by LSU, or would they have a coaching search? Pelini already been through that kind of process and it didn't end up well for him. The saying is a bird in the hand is worth two in a bush.

maybe LSU could get nick saban?

... what?

What I was saying is if Miles Leave for Michigan, I doubt LSU is going to turn around the next day and give the job to Pelini. They would probably make up a list of coaches and take weeks interviewing them along with Pelini. Now in the mean time Nebraska has decided Pelini is the guy they want and offer. Do you really think that Pelini would say no just on the chance that LSU might offer him their headcoaching job? LSU didn't offer the last defensive coach when Saban left and that guy was part of the staff that helped them win a NC.

I am certainly not an insider and I'm not trying to pass myself off as one. Having said that, I have a friend in Omaha who became pretty good friends with Pelini when he was here. This guy still talks with Pelini on the phone and was told by Pelini himself that NU has not contacted him.

My hope is that NU has contacted Pelini, but Pelini is saying they haven't contacted him just to misdirect everyone.

I'm hoping 'I Bleed Red' might have some knowledge on this.

The truth is Pelini has been to Lincoln. Since LSU was off this week he flew up. My best friends dad is a Professor at the U and saw him and took pictures even. He got the chance to ask Pelini, "What are you here for, business or pleasure?" Pelini answered, "both."

If you have pictures of him in Lincoln, post them.

The truth is Pelini has been to Lincoln. Since LSU was off this week he flew up. My best friends dad is a Professor at the U and saw him and took pictures even. He got the chance to ask Pelini, "What are you here for, business or pleasure?" Pelini answered, "both."

If you have pictures of him in Lincoln, post them.

preferably with a time/date stamp so we know they weren't taken 4 years ago!!

With all the rumors that Pelini has been in Lincoln, I would think photos would have surfaced by now.