#1 NU vs. #5 Texas on FSN

I really think that for as bad as we played tonight, this is going to be a good thing in the long run because I think he were probably gettting a little too cocky and this should be a good thing to get us refocused and back to work. Last year we lost to Colorado at end of regular season and I think that did the same thing and refocused the team and we ended up winning it all. Hope that can happen again.

:woo:woo

I really think that for as bad as we played tonight, this is going to be a good thing in the long run because I think he were probably gettting a little too cocky and this should be a good thing to get us refocused and back to work. Last year we lost to Colorado at end of regular season and I think that did the same thing and refocused the team and we ended up winning it all. Hope that can happen again.

That is nearly word-for-word what I just got done telling someone here in my office. Yeah, it sucks that we got beat, and it sucks worse that we got swept, but going undefeated in the regular season doesn't amount to a hill of beans if we don't win the Championship. That's what we need to focus on, and that's why this loss could help.

I'd far rather go 30-1 two seasons in a row and win back-to-back Titles than go 31-0 in back-to-back seasons and fall short in the tournament.

Nebraska was sandbagged by Texas. When they played in Lincoln, the Texas coach held out his 2 best players - Engle (with a legit injury) and Hooker - allegedly for academic problems. (however, 3 days later those academic problems were cleared up and Hooker resumed her season). So... the Huskers didn't see and couldn't prepare for the team they would see in Austin. My guess is they thought that now matter how welll they played, they didn't have much chance to win in Lincoln, so do what they could to ambush us in Texas. Clever, I guess.

Nebraska was sandbagged by Texas. When they played in Lincoln, the Texas coach held out his 2 best players - Engle (with a legit injury) and Hooker - allegedly for academic problems. (however, 3 days later those academic problems were cleared up and Hooker resumed her season). So... the Huskers didn't see and couldn't prepare for the team they would see in Austin. My guess is they thought that now matter how welll they played, they didn't have much chance to win in Lincoln, so do what they could to ambush us in Texas. Clever, I guess.

That's a pretty big risk to take if you think you have a shot at the Big XII Title, which Texas certainly has. Basically your best-case scenario in that situation is that you'll be tied 1-1 with Nebraska after the home-and-home matches, and you have to hope someone else beats them. You're putting your season in someone else's hands, rather than giving both matches your best effort.

Texas is really the only legitimate contender for the Big XII Title (regular season) this year, so hoping that someone else takes down the only other legitimate contender for you is pretty far-fetched.

Aside from that, NU has all the tape in the world to watch on Texas, so it's not like they don't know what that team can do simply because Hooker and Engle didn't play in Lincoln.

It's an interesting theory (and I like conspiracy theories), but I'm not buying it.

I... am in complete shock...

I normally go to www.huskerpedia.com , click on volleyball and look left to see a "W 3-0" , then i click on football and read stories.

Today, i was on the normal routine and... "L 0-3". I am in complete shock. Complete shock.

Thats ok, we know these ladies can play, so i have no doubt that they will bounce back.... but still... its... weird... to lose... in volleyball....

:rollin

Well it's good see some people dream up crazy sh#t for NU sports other than football, I guess.