what's better for the program?

I really thought changes might be announced the early part of this week, but nothing so far. Probaby isn't going to happen.

In your opinion, what is best for the program - announce changes to the staff now and possibly put in an interim head coach, or just wait until the end of the season and announce the new coach and not deal with the interium stuff?

I really thought changes might be announced the early part of this week, but nothing so far. Probaby isn't going to happen.

In your opinion, what is best for the program - announce changes to the staff now and possibly put in an interim head coach, or just wait until the end of the season and announce the new coach and not deal with the interium stuff?

I say do it now. If we're worried about looking like the program is a mess, well, it's not news to anyone that the program *is* a mess.

Osborne needs to be active on this. He needs to either (a) announce that Callahan has his full support, and will remain as NU head coach, or (B) announce that Callahan will "resign" at season's end. He has to do something, though, because the rumors are killing this program and hurting the players.

He can't just be satisfied being a figurehead.

Osborne needs to be active on this. He needs to either (a) announce that Callahan has his full support, and will remain as NU head coach, or (B) announce that Callahan will "resign" at season's end. He has to do something, though, because the rumors are killing this program and hurting the players.

He can't just be satisfied being a figurehead.

I agree and I wish T.O. wouldn't have said anything about waiting until the end of the season. That could turn out to be a huge problem.

I think they are working to finalize a buy-out of BC's contract. Once that is resolved, he'll probably resign effective at the end of the regular season.

We are in a tough place, no doubt, but there isn't a lot they can do. Canning BC now would cause even greater unrest, but waiting till the end of the year prolongs the uncertainty.

Oh well. So long as we have the right coach in place come the end of the year, I'm confident 2008 can be a successful year.

Here's who I am hoping for:

HC: Bo Pelini

OC: Shawn Watson

DC: Marvin Sanders

Three young, energetic coaches who will recruit well and relate to players better than BC and his staff.

I think they are working to finalize a buy-out of BC's contract. Once that is resolved, he'll probably resign effective at the end of the regular season.

We are in a tough place, no doubt, but there isn't a lot they can do. Canning BC now would cause even greater unrest, but waiting till the end of the year prolongs the uncertainty.

Oh well. So long as we have the right coach in place come the end of the year, I'm confident 2008 can be a successful year.

Here's who I am hoping for:

HC: Bo Pelini

OC: Shawn Watson

DC: Marvin Sanders

Three young, energetic coaches who will recruit well and relate to players better than BC and his staff.

Agreed. That would be a good staff to build around.

Wait til the end of the season. That's what Dr. Tom says.

So until then, I'm going to cheer my heart out for these Huskers!!! I'm N!!! I've got hope, I've got faith! There are some seniors on this team that would prolly love the support and that's the best thing we can do right now. Forget about the rumors, the wondering, the unknown, etc.. Just be supportive!!!

Go Cally!!! Go KOZ!!! Go Huskers!!! Do you're best!! You can do it!!! GBR - 4 EVAH!!! :w00t

:power

Any opportunity to salvage whatever is left of this season is always a plus side to a situation. If we fire Callahan and Coz and have an interim HC, OC, and DC and they fail...well, at least we tried. Right now, I understand Dr. Tom stated that no changes will be made until after the season is over, and it's highly unlikely that he'll go back on his word...but I believe that at least giving this team a somewhat reused fresh start with these 4 remaining games really couldn't hurt anything.

The way I see it, TO said he'd wait until the end of the season to evaluate the staff. He never said anything about the contract extension and abiding by it. BC said something to the effect that he's not surprised a few recruits have decommitted because his future here is uncertain.

When Pud was AD, he would have just stood there in full support saying we're going through a turbulent time but this staff is going in the right direction blah blah blah. Considering all of this, I assume BC is done here. Neither side can or will say anything because lawyers are involved. IMO, the ball is in BC's court as to when he decides to put out his resignation. However, he still may be in price negotiations. Until the money issues are solved, we won't get anything announced. Right now, it's a chess match between BC's lawyers and the Universities attorneys.

I think it is 6 of one and a half dozen of another. dammed if you do dammed if you don't. There are pro's and cons to either.

One pro for waiting till the end of the season could be that the new coach comming in may feel better about the athletic department not making rash decision then scrambling to attemp to fix it. (sound familiar) Who ever the new coach will be needs to know the AD will back him and feel comfortable that they won't pull a Pud on them. We at least need to do a search and get ready for this to happen. Also, I think it may help the current players, even if just a little, to focus on academics and football better. If the coaching change is in mid season some of the student athletes may have real trouble with both. This type of thinking is all about the students. I would think TO has these kids in mind, he allways has in the past. So, this is just a copule thoughts. I'm sure there are a ton of pros and cons but these came to mind first.

Wait til the end of the season,

as pitiful as the coaching has been, I don't think we do any better with interims...I don't think you're going to get any more intensity out of the players with whomever is interim coach....better to wait til the end of the season when you can make a smooth transition from this regime, to a new, permanent coaching staff....if you change staffs twice, it increases the discontinuity for our current players and our recruiting class...

There is nothing wrong with displaying your good traits though. Also, being a business owner myself and having to turn a few around, it is never a good idea to turn a ship around on a dime. This was explained to me by a very good business man that was the CEO and President of an organization that is in 17 countries and has over 300,000 members. His comment was, "could you imagine turning a aircraft carrier 90% in the water? Imagine how many people would be tossed around and even fall off".