Have we become the laughing stock?

Please don't judge Texas fans by what you read on Hornfans (of which I'm a member). Most Texas fans want Nebraska to be good because we are also fans of good football. College football needs Nebraska to be good and The Big12 needs Nebraska to be good.

I don't think Nebraska is a laughing stock. We're empathetic to your situation because we've been there and we know what your going through. We've seen our own blowouts at home...the embarrassing road losses etc. Hopefully it wont take you 4 coaches and 35 years to get back on top. (Don't get me started!)

Until then we'll wait for you.....see you in Lincoln in 2011 !!!

Hook Em Horns

Dude, we're trying to wallow in our pre-conceived notions about Texas Fan over here! Don't come in here and act nice! Think of our biases, man!!!

:)

Seriously, though - it's nice to see that other fans across the Big XII want us to be the Nebraska of old. I, too, root for other Big XII schools when they're not playing Nebraska. A strong Texas is good for the Big XII, and is good for Nebraska. Same goes for Oklahoma, Kansas, Colorado, A&M, etc. When your conference is strong, and you can win in-conference, the world is your oyster.

That being said, I hope we beat the burnt orange pants off your guys this weekend. ;-)

Kind of like making fun of Notre Dame. It was fun the first two weeks of the season to kick them, but now it just seems wrong.

Keep in mind, Nebraska even in a tough year is at the front of all conversation due to your success of the recent past. As a Missouri fan, we have been insignificant, for the most part, during the last 25 years. MU is 6-1 and absolutely playing the best football I have seen them play..EVER.

And guess what.. people in the media and the nation haven't taken a second glance. We are still just MU...

Until we finish a season strong and win this conference.

Take the losses with your head up.. find yourself a coach who won't be outcoached EVERY Saturday..

I expect Nebraska to be back.... listen to the Texas fans.. they took their licks for a couple of years as well, it will make your return much sweeter, and your fans may appreciate what they have when you return to the top of the conference. :thumbs

Good Luck to the Huskers!

I thought there board is quite mild, and they saw us laughing at ourselves with the Callahan jokes. They realize we think Callahan is not the right guy for the job. As far as Craig Bohl, they just don't know that he was a terrible DC, and they only see his success as a Division II coach. I have no problem with their threads.

I must say that I am very surprise how successful Bohl has been. I commend him for the job he has done, but I don't want him as our next HC.

Actually, they've been laughing pretty hard about the Huskers here in Ames. We may be bad but...we already knew that.

Plus our coach has potential

Keep those transfers coming!!!

How can you laugh at a team that beat you? As bad as we're playing right now, we're still better than the 'clones!

You guys have a warped sense of humor over there in Ames (but you know how to party!)

It's all irrelevant come kickoff time. I'm sure the UT faithful are just having some fun, no different than here on the board with us against others teams.

With that said... GO HUSKERS!!! BEAT TEXAS!!! :w00t

Show your Husker support fellas!!! Back the BIG RED this week and throughout the season!!! Husker fans dont quit, we cheer louder!!!

:power

I like the Go Huskers beat Texas part. But Texas will win by a minimum of 5 touchdowns. I will not like it. I hope against hope that I am wrong, but UT will likely have a "pick a score day" --- the final will be determined by when the Texas staff decides to let off the gas and use their 2nd and 3rd stringers. If UT wants to do so, a 7 touchdown or more game is not only possible, but plausible.

Lets hope UT does not feel compelled to rip NU to shreds and backs off once they hit 45 -50 points.

It's all irrelevant come kickoff time. I'm sure the UT faithful are just having some fun, no different than here on the board with us against others teams.

With that said... GO HUSKERS!!! BEAT TEXAS!!! :w00t

Show your Husker support fellas!!! Back the BIG RED this week and throughout the season!!! Husker fans dont quit, we cheer louder!!!

:power

I like the Go Huskers beat Texas part. But Texas will win by a minimum of 5 touchdowns. I will not like it. I hope against hope that I am wrong, but UT will likely have a "pick a score day" --- the final will be determined by when the Texas staff decides to let off the gas and use their 2nd and 3rd stringers. If UT wants to do so, a 7 touchdown or more game is not only possible, but plausible.

Lets hope UT does not feel compelled to rip NU to shreds and backs off once they hit 45 -50 points.