New Head Coach? THREADS - ALL OF THEM

I think this post will get added to the coaching prospects thread in the near future.... <_<

Of course it will, but who the hell would have seen it had I just posted it onto the end of that four pager. I hadn't seen his name mentioned before, and he has a chance. I just don't believe TO is going to take BP like everyone hopes. Remember TO is not in this for the long haul and gets one shot at this. He is not going to take any chances with guys who have not proven them delves yet. Hold on while I pour another beer. What was I saying? Oh scrwew it! :wasted:wasted:wasted:wasted:wasted:wasted:wasted:wasted:wasted:wasted:wasted:wasted:wasted:wasted:wasted:wasted:wasted:wasted:wasted:wasted:wasted

damn that was faster than i thought :nanalama

Me too!

To finish my thought, TO will not hire a coach with any questions to his ability to be a good HC. Notice I said GOOD. He will not hire a guy who is "possibly" the next great head coach. He will take the best possible already "good" head coach. TO cannot take the chance of tarnishing his image in NE by hiring someone who may "blow it." He will take a solid guy who will have the best chance of succeeding.

I think this post will get added to the coaching prospects thread in the near future.... <_<

Of course it will, but who the hell would have seen it had I just posted it onto the end of that four pager. I hadn't seen his name mentioned before, and he has a chance. I just don't believe TO is going to take BP like everyone hopes. Remember TO is not in this for the long haul and gets one shot at this. He is not going to take any chances with guys who have not proven them delves yet. Hold on while I pour another beer. What was I saying? Oh scrwew it! :wasted:wasted:wasted:wasted:wasted:wasted:wasted:wasted:wasted:wasted:wasted:wasted:wasted:wasted:wasted:wasted:wasted:wasted:wasted:wasted:wasted

Me too!

To finish my thought, TO will not hire a coach with any questions to his ability to be a good HC. Notice I said GOOD. He will not hire a guy who is "possibly" the next great head coach. He will take the best possible already "good" head coach. TO cannot take the chance of tarnishing his image in NE by hiring someone who may "blow it." He will take a solid guy who will have the best chance of succeeding.

He did hand the job over to solich and he had zero head coach experience (outside of lincoln southeast) Osborne will probably just base it on who fits into the program the best.

Me too!

He did hand the job over to solich and he had zero head coach experience (outside of lincoln southeast) Osborne will probably just base it on who fits into the program the best.

To quote Charlie Murphy about hearing the last of Rick James - "Wrong! Wrong!"

In the Omaha World Herald this morning they had mini bios of 8 coaches that the writer considered 'hot'. Here is a link to the article:

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=1200...;u_sid=10169558

If this link doesn't get you there try this one and click on the article link.

http://www.omaha.com

The names given (in case you don't want to read the article) were:

*Bo Pelini

*Greg Schiano

*Jim Grobe

*Jim Leavitt

*Gary Patterson

*Paul Johnson

*Will Muschamp

*Brian Kelly

There was also an article by Lee Barfknecht entitled "Gill's tenure at Buffalo temporary? Here's the link to that article: http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=1200...;u_sid=10169565

It will be interesting if any of the above and/or Turner will be selected and even IF a selection will be made based on play in the next three games. If the Huskers play with the same intensitiy and drive they played with for the next 3 games and win those next games thus allowing them into a Bowl Game and they win the bowl game, perhaps there will be no change??

Why is everybody all over Turner Gill like he just won a freakin National Championship. He's not a great coach, and yes I do know that he's actually turning the program around for Buffalo but still look at what teams he's beat: Temple, Akron, Ohio, and Toledo....who that's impressive. I believe that if he came to Nebraska to coach that we'd get the same results this year with Turner Gill as our head coach. Seriously no top recruit would come to Nebraska under what TG has accomplished. Don't get me wrong but Turner Gill was a hell of a QB but he as not proven anything yet. The players don't really talk highly of him like the players do for Bo Pelini. If we do get at least Bo Pelini or Paul Johnson I believe that these two could turn this program around from what they've acomplished in their football career.

Here's Bo Pelini's resume: http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?...p;Q_SEASON=2006

Paul Johnson's resume: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Johnson_...football_coach)

Turner Gill's resume: http://www.ubathletics.buffalo.edu/footbal...ches/gill.shtml

I think if TG gets a HC job here at Nebraska he has to prove himself more as a HC. He needs more experience to help rebuild this program where Bo Pelini has proven that he can go anywhere and turn a program around with the players that are provided for him. And for Paul he's done an excellent job at Navy NAVY and he runs the triple option flexone offense and it's hard for him to recruit players to play for NAVY but can still pull wins out of his a$$.

1. Bo Pelini

2. Paul Johnson

3. Anybody but Turner Gill

Why is everybody all over Turner Gill like he just won a freakin National Championship. He's not a great coach, and yes I do know that he's actually turning the program around for Buffalo but still look at what teams he's beat: Temple, Akron, Ohio, and Toledo....who that's impressive. I believe that if he came to Nebraska to coach that we'd get the same results this year with Turner Gill as our head coach. Seriously no top recruit would come to Nebraska under what TG has accomplished. Don't get me wrong but Turner Gill was a hell of a QB but he as not proven anything yet. The players don't really talk highly of him like the players do for Bo Pelini. If we do get at least Bo Pelini or Paul Johnson I believe that these two could turn this program around from what they've acomplished in their football career.

Here's Bo Pelini's resume: http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?...p;Q_SEASON=2006

Paul Johnson's resume: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Johnson_...football_coach)

Turner Gill's resume: http://www.ubathletics.buffalo.edu/footbal...ches/gill.shtml

I think if TG gets a HC job here at Nebraska he has to prove himself more as a HC. He needs more experience to help rebuild this program where Bo Pelini has proven that he can go anywhere and turn a program around with the players that are provided for him. And for Paul he's done an excellent job at Navy NAVY and he runs the triple option flexone offense and it's hard for him to recruit players to play for NAVY but can still pull wins out of his a$$.

1. Bo Pelini

2. Paul Johnson

most people here want pelini. I dont know what you are talking about. and how can you say pelini has proven himself and gill hasnt?

1. Bo Pelini

2. Paul Johnson

I don't have the same contempt for Gill as you do, but I do agree that there are much better candidates for the job. Of course I have no idea who's on TO's list of candidates, but I would hate to think that it's limited to Gill and Pelini (although I would have no problem with Pelini).

How about Gill has proven he can be a Head Coach and Pelini has only proved he can run a defense.

Not against Pelini, but I think Turner has done plenty to prove himself over the years and I have not doubt that he could be a successful Head Coach at Nebraska.

So if it is Gill or Pelini -- i believe we can't go wrong with either.

I think some people are so high on Gill because he has very strong Nebraska ties. Everyone seems to want to get someone that knows about Nebraska and knows what it's all really about and Gill does so he's everyones top choice. I am not really sold on Gill becoming head coach....I would be all for him coming back though as an offensive coordinator or some type of assistant. I am kind of wary about Pelini because for some reason he doesnt seem like the head coach type of guy to me, but thats just my opinion. I think he's a hell of a coach and if hired I would fully be behind him.

I think another reason people are so high on Gill is because of the man he is. He knows football and he's doing a nice job of bringing back the Buffalo team but being a head coach of a football team is more than just football! He is a natural motivator, an excellent recruiter, but more importantly, a great man of character that will also look after the character of the boys he's coaching. He's just a polished individual that would do the NU program proud. He's not going to go at it alone. Osborne will be there to guide him. I think that a strong young man like him (like Osborne was) could get it done. Look outside the box. The X's and O's aren't all that's important in college football.

TLS2

I think some people are so high on Gill because he has very strong Nebraska ties. Everyone seems to want to get someone that knows about Nebraska and knows what it's all really about and Gill does so he's everyones top choice. I am not really sold on Gill becoming head coach....I would be all for him coming back though as an offensive coordinator or some type of assistant. I am kind of wary about Pelini because for some reason he doesnt seem like the head coach type of guy to me, but thats just my opinion. I think he's a hell of a coach and if hired I would fully be behind him.

My question for you, why Paul Johnson? Navy has not beaten anyone impressive in the past 5 years. Air Force does not count. Wins over Army, Temple, Duke and Rice do not qualify(doesn't look much different than Turner's resume). BTW, Navy just lost to I-AA Delaware in Annapolis.

Pelini may be an ass, but at least he coaches for winners.

*Bo Pelini (Sign him up if he grew up)

*Greg Schiano (4-5 best in own conference No thanks)

*Jim Grobe (0-2 vs. Callahan No thanks)

*Jim Leavitt (after they lose 2 mores this year No thanks)

*Gary Patterson (offense SUCKS No thanks)

*Paul Johnson (Who has he ever beat? Pitt doesn't count because Callahan was 2-0 against that team)

*Will Muschamp (Sign him up)

*Brian Kelly (I'd take his offense that is for sure, that being said has Cinn beat anybody of substance?)

This is hilarious.

Everyone assumes that Turner Gill would come running back to NU to coach the QB's or be a OC under Pelini!!!

The man is a HC and turning around a dismal program but can't wait to be a position coach again at NU.

But then again he hasn't proven himself, to who.... you ...... well I can't see that being a big concern for TG.

Truly what are your feelings towards who you want to be the next coach, I can't quite read the font on your sig it's to small.