Husker fans are the worst???

I think of all the idiodic threads on this board, this one might be the dumbest. This is exactly like wife who is beat by her husband blaming herself. Only dumber. How in the living f#*k do you expect to control the drunken emotion of 85,000+ people in a single stadium when their worthless team is getting their asses kicked and is powerless to stop it thanks to an even less-coordinated coaching staff?

Jeezum f#*k, people.

EVERY SPORTING EVENT HAS HECKLERS! One or two people coming up and saying some bullsh#t like that to the players is by no means indicitive of the character of our fan base. And I for one am so sick to death of simple-minded jokers like DaveH using a select few idiots on the sidelines as an excuse to tarnish our reputation. How may other colleges applaud an average team that whips our team in our own house? No answer? How many other message boards do you suppose routinely get posts from random Aggie fans expressing how much they enjoyed their time in Lincoln? How many other teams chant "Heisman" for an opposing superstar?

Enough is enough. Our situation has as much to do with our fanbase as terrorism does with President Bush. That is to say, none. Our PROBLEM is a useless coaching staff not preparing, training, or developing talented but uninspired players who go out on the field and bear their deficiencies for all the world to see. It's frustrating, yes, and some fans take things too far (and like the booze has nothing to do with that, either), but all in all I feel that we've not demeaned ourselves one iota by expressing our intolerance for this ridiculous charade of a football season.

X

Our situation has alot to do with the fanbase. Our players , many of them, come here because of the fanbase. We chant their names when they are on recruiting trips, our children ask them for autographs before they even step on the field, and there is nothing wrong with this. It's what makes us great fans. But when the same fanbase starts booing, cursing, and degrading them on message boards, it makes me wonder if they maybe are quitting on us, not just the coaches. Don't know if I blame them. The Nevada game, they played awesome, and yes, I know it was just Nevada, not real good, but not that bad either. Then we played a really good , in my opinion, Wake Forrest team and beat them in their own house. Everyone was so hyped for the USC game after we won those first two games. We were getting beat badly, but the players didn't quit during the USC game. Then the :asshat boo birds came out durring the Ball State game and it all has fallen apart since then. The team that played those first two games, wouldn't have gotten blown out the last three games. If the home crowd can pick a team up during a game, they can knock them down just the same.

I think of all the idiodic threads on this board, this one might be the dumbest. This is exactly like wife who is beat by her husband blaming herself. Only dumber. How in the living f#*k do you expect to control the drunken emotion of 85,000+ people in a single stadium when their worthless team is getting their asses kicked and is powerless to stop it thanks to an even less-coordinated coaching staff?

Jeezum f#*k, people.

so... are they the beaten wives or is it us?

just askin'.

Jeezum f#*k, people.

EVERY SPORTING EVENT HAS HECKLERS! One or two people coming up and saying some bullsh#t like that to the players is by no means indicitive of the character of our fan base. And I for one am so sick to death of simple-minded jokers like DaveH using a select few idiots on the sidelines as an excuse to tarnish our reputation. How may other colleges applaud an average team that whips our team in our own house? No answer? How many other message boards do you suppose routinely get posts from random Aggie fans expressing how much they enjoyed their time in Lincoln? How many other teams chant "Heisman" for an opposing superstar?

Enough is enough. Our situation has as much to do with our fanbase as terrorism does with President Bush. That is to say, none. Our PROBLEM is a useless coaching staff not preparing, training, or developing talented but uninspired players who go out on the field and bear their deficiencies for all the world to see. It's frustrating, yes, and some fans take things too far (and like the booze has nothing to do with that, either), but all in all I feel that we've not demeaned ourselves one iota by expressing our intolerance for this ridiculous charade of a football season.

X

For the most part, IMO, :yeah

Theres a big difference between yelling at players or not going to games because they aren't good enough (which is what bad fans do) and having 85,000 fans sit in the stadium every single week even though we aren't even competitive and having a small number of them yelling at players because they don't care about the jersey they wear or have enough pride in themselves or their teammates to get past the problems our coaches put upon them and band together as a team and give their best on the field.

Nebraska fans weren't the best because they won all the time, we were the best fans because even when we lost we knew that our guys gave everything they had but just weren't the best team on the field that night and applauded the team that was. Those same fans see a team now that don't even care about being a team period, let alone being a good one. Thus they are booing and leaving early.

Yes there are some bad fans here, just like anywhere else... but most fans who cheer for Nebraska will get behind any player that wears Husker Red that plays with pride and Gives their best every play.... even when they aren't physically the best. But we will not cheer for pre-madonas and pretty boys who only care about whether they look good or wether they are being respected or not, but are not interested in doing the fundamental parts of football to make themselves or their teammates better.

sorry i am new...but husker fans are spoiled baby's...i think that i am seeing the same thing that you guys wanted all over again when you wanted frank solich gone because he could "scheme" well or get his players "fired up." I am sick of you spoiled brats...I cheer for the huskers but to be honest with you...you fans are the ones that helped steve pederson kill the husker tradition. It will never be the same thanks to you. I really enjoyed what we had, because we werent everyone else and just fired people because of one and i mean one bad year that was still a bowl season. So thanks for helping out steve pederson in taking us well past mediocraty...go lincoln raiders..woo hoo you all make me sick

sorry i am new...but husker fans are spoiled baby's...i think that i am seeing the same thing that you guys wanted all over again when you wanted frank solich gone because he could "scheme" well or get his players "fired up." I am sick of you spoiled brats...I cheer for the huskers but to be honest with you...you fans are the ones that helped steve pederson kill the husker tradition. It will never be the same thanks to you. I really enjoyed what we had, because we werent everyone else and just fired people because of one and i mean one bad year that was still a bowl season. So thanks for helping out steve pederson in taking us well past mediocraty...go lincoln raiders..woo hoo you all make me sick

Nice first post. I can here people hitting the ignore buttun from here.

All I can say it, we are still by far the best fans in the world. I think one had to go to the Huskerboard road trip at SC in 2006 to see all these people who don't know each other treat each other like brothers and sisters in Husker Nation. We treat all fans like family.

What bothers me is the extent of negativity that we have been seeing and hearing. It is unacceptable to boo the team and call players names. This is a time when you need to show your Husker pride and stand behind the team. The players are human and they feed off public sentiments.

Do I think the team should be criticized? Absolutely. There is complete lack of effort being shown. Should Coach Callahan be fired? No. That will set us back for eternity.

People need to understand, because of the increase in financing and changes in NCAA rules, there is a lot more parity out there now than in the past.

Instead of dwelling on mailing this season in and how the coaches should be fired, let's stay behind the team. I can recall how Husker fans wanted to fire Bob Devaney and Coach O. Think about what a terrible decision that would be.

Patience is a virtue. Think about it, what if South Florida or Rutgers had decided to fire their coaches five years into their tenure? They would still be a doormat

Anytime a team goes through struggles like we are right now, some of our less dedicated, fairweather fans will jump ship like this guy, and place the blame on everyone else. I think Husker Nation is better without this type of guy who can't handle the hard times. He'll be back in the fold when we start winning again. I'm not defending the actions of the few fans that are getting all the attention for being jerks, but the fans who still bleed Husker red when it's all said and done are the real deal. Not this guy, obviously.