Great fans my a$$

HANC

I have had it up to my friggin' eyeballs with everyone crying, complaining and all of the crap thrown around... Yes, NU is in dire straights.....unlike anything we have seen since 1961..... but I have been a die-hard, season-ticket holder for years and years..... I also coach football and understand young men.......

Yes, BC will probably go after the season.....Yes, Pud needed to go.....Yes, we are probably not going to go to a bowl game, unless we "upset" 2 of the last 3......

but, I am getting sick of some of the crap that I am reading in the papers and on this board.... Did anyone read the quotes from Mo and Bowman saying that they would rather play on the road ???!!!! saying that so-called fans yell crap from behind the bench or outside the stadium, such as "you guys don't deserve to have an N on your helmet......that is bullsh!t........ Anyone that would say that crap should be punched in the friggin mouth.... and I am sure that a$$holes like that sure sing the fight song..."all stick together in all kinds of weather"....whenever we win.....makes me puke.....

If I am a recruit, I tell the fans to kiss my a$$, I don't need to hear that bullsh!t if I don't play well.....

I'll bet that most of the people who piss and moan couldn't even go out and play a competitive game of flag football, yet, they will yell crap like that to 18-21 boys who decided to come play for the "best fans in the country"....chicken sh!t....big time....

I am extrememly frustrated with the season, and the heart-wrenching loss to Texas today...but, this is when we will see who actually are the "best fans" in America..... or who just likes to get on their PC's and "vote" during polls on ESPN.....

Show up, support NU, and if not, shut the F#C& UP !!!

That is a completely fair and humbling post! I understand where you're coming from and I think we've unfairly let the contempt we have for the coaching staff spill over to the players and the program itself. Just understand that the passion we have comes from a love for this program. What's frustrating is that we have no say or control of a situation that is obviously in peril and it's hard to deal with and it manifests itself in ways that you have stated. I will continue to love and support this team and it's players no matter what! GBR

I have had it up to my friggin' eyeballs with everyone crying, complaining and all of the crap thrown around... Yes, NU is in dire straights.....unlike anything we have seen since 1961..... but I have been a die-hard, season-ticket holder for years and years..... I also coach football and understand young men.......

Yes, BC will probably go after the season.....Yes, Pud needed to go.....Yes, we are probably not going to go to a bowl game, unless we "upset" 2 of the last 3......

but, I am getting sick of some of the crap that I am reading in the papers and on this board.... Did anyone read the quotes from Mo and Bowman saying that they would rather play on the road ???!!!! saying that so-called fans yell crap from behind the bench or outside the stadium, such as "you guys don't deserve to have an N on your helmet......that is bullsh!t........ Anyone that would say that crap should be punched in the friggin mouth.... and I am sure that a$$holes like that sure sing the fight song..."all stick together in all kinds of weather"....whenever we win.....makes me puke.....

If I am a recruit, I tell the fans to kiss my a$$, I don't need to hear that bullsh!t if I don't play well.....

I'll bet that most of the people who piss and moan couldn't even go out and play a competitive game of flag football, yet, they will yell crap like that to 18-21 boys who decided to come play for the "best fans in the country"....chicken sh!t....big time....

I am extrememly frustrated with the season, and the heart-wrenching loss to Texas today...but, this is when we will see who actually are the "best fans" in America..... or who just likes to get on their PC's and "vote" during polls on ESPN.....

Great post, HANC. I attended the Arkansas/Auburn game a couple weeks ago and some idiot was flying around the stadium with a "fire Nutt" sign. I felt the same way you are feeling. These are 18 and 19 year old athletes who have practiced in the searing heat of August and play their hearts out every week. They don't need some bozo telling them "they suck." The Huskers will return to prominence based upon a great Nebraska tradition but the fans have got to maintain their support. Hang in there, my friend....

Obviously it wasn't very many fans or as bad as Purify makes it out to be. Why? The nation's top JUCO player committed a few days later after having attended the aTm game. He had stated the fans were one reason. Unless those fans yelling stuff at Purify was interpreted as a good thing by Kuli! :)

another im better than everyone else thread...all u awesome fans should get 2gether and go to the games and be positive about everything

I know, it makes me sick to my stomach too.

It would be far better to have these self proclaiming "awesome" fans have their own section. I can see them now...yet another NU massive blowout loss and they're up there singing "Cum-By-Ya" the whole 2nd half as the regular fans have left with huge disgust.

Ok soo a few fans have a little too much to drink and let out frustration big deal.. Theses players are getting to go to school for free and play at Nebraska.. They need to shut the hell up and play football, if a player plays is a$$ off every down every game no fan is going to put them down at all.. What we all saw Saturday is a team that wasn't giving its all for the last 6 games or whatever and they went on the road an played the way they should have every week.. The fans spend there hard earned money for tickets to watch these guys play we deserve to see them win an play there best.. Everyone that wants to whine about a couple fans getting frustrated during a game can get in one big circle jerk cry all they want to each other, cause its getting old.. I understand everyone can have there own opinion but come on instead of uniting around the state you are now turning on other fans cause you think we should baby these kids!!!!! Dont think the 97 team or anyother past classes would care for one an two would be the first to say we deserve it!!!

Ok soo a few fans have a little too much to drink and let out frustration big deal.. Theses players are getting to go to school for free and play at Nebraska.. They need to shut the hell up and play football, if a player plays is a$$ off every down every game no fan is going to put them down at all.. What we all saw Saturday is a team that wasn't giving its all for the last 6 games or whatever and they went on the road an played the way they should have every week.. The fans spend there hard earned money for tickets to watch these guys play we deserve to see them win an play there best.. Everyone that wants to whine about a couple fans getting frustrated during a game can get in one big circle jerk cry all they want to each other, cause its getting old.. I understand everyone can have there own opinion but come on instead of uniting around the state you are now turning on other fans cause you think we should baby these kids!!!!! Dont think the 97 team or anyother past classes would care for one an two would be the first to say we deserve it!!!

Drinking, gambling and losing, are leading to frustrated fans(?) that will hurt our recruiting efforts. You don't think every recruiting coordinator has these quotes about these dickheads in their briefcase when they visit?

What are these dopeheads thinking yelling at student athletes?

Out of curiousity, I cruised the Texas board and didn't see one complaint about fans yelling at the players to take the longhorn off their helmet or they suck after being down to NU at half! Yes, there was obviously some booing at the game but it was directed to Coach Brown who is on the hotseat in Austin. You don't lose to OU AND KSU w/o getting some heat.

What high school do you go to if you are defending the kids yelling this stuff to our players?

Oh, and BTW, if these insults were hurled at players as they left the stadium, I walked by the exit and saw a lot of dads with their sons/daughters looking for autographs...I'll take the players over the 'girlie boys' yelling the insults as roll models for my kids.

These guys are worse than the Mizzou fans that stormed the field and got clocked when their fans stormed the field. At least our players show physical restraint after learning hard lessons.

Just stop it and get the message to your buddies if you know the individuals involved. Stop defending this abysmal behavior.

Puricry needs to shut the hell up and play!!!!! This is the problem with this team, they are soft and have no heart. Give 100% and quit jaking, and the fans won't be pissed at you. Mo, you are 22. You are old enough to have kids, drink alcohol, and die for your country. Quit starting fights in the bar, and act like a man. So a couple of idiots said a couple of mean things to you. Ignore them, and quit being a p---y.

Drinking, gambling and losing, are leading to frustrated fans(?) that will hurt our recruiting efforts. You don't think every recruiting coordinator has these quotes about these dickheads in their briefcase when they visit?

What are these dopeheads thinking yelling at student athletes?

Out of curiousity, I cruised the Texas board and didn't see one complaint about fans yelling at the players to take the longhorn off their helmet or they suck after being down to NU at half! Yes, there was obviously some booing at the game but it was directed to Coach Brown who is on the hotseat in Austin. You don't lose to OU AND KSU w/o getting some heat.

What high school do you go to if you are defending the kids yelling this stuff to our players?

Oh, and BTW, if these insults were hurled at players as they left the stadium, I walked by the exit and saw a lot of dads with their sons/daughters looking for autographs...I'll take the players over the 'girlie boys' yelling the insults as roll models for my kids.

These guys are worse than the Mizzou fans that stormed the field and got clocked when their fans stormed the field. At least our players show physical restraint after learning hard lessons.

Just stop it and get the message to your buddies if you know the individuals involved. Stop defending this abysmal behavior.

I think maybe Purify was embellishing on what he heard. If it was as bad as he says it was, then I don't know why in his right mind the #1 rated Juco player in the country Simi Kuli, decided to commit to Nebraska w/jerk a$$ fans yelling that type of garbage at the players. Why would he want to be a part of that crap? :-( He wouldn't. That's why I question Purify's recollection of the events. :)

another im better than everyone else thread...all u awesome fans should get 2gether and go to the games and be positive about everything

It would be far better to have these self proclaiming "awesome" fans have their own section. I can see them now...yet another NU massive blowout loss and they're up there singing "Cum-By-Ya" the whole 2nd half as the regular fans have left with huge disgust.

So if you sit through the whole game instead of leaving early that means you are happy with what is going on? Sorry I work hard for the money that I spend on my tickets so I sit through all the games. I don't consider myself to be any better of a fan then the next guy. However on the same note as the place all the "awesome" fans in one section, I wish they would place all the "hate filled no it all" fans in a section so I don't have to listen to them during the games. Then they could all storm out in disgust the minute the Huskers fall behind mumbling to themselves about how the 2nd string QB should have played and how Coz is terrible and how the Hot Dog guy didn't point the gun their way and how Jim Rose was screwing up the play by play and how the option is Nebraska football and how all these Big Time recruits don't love the University and how Steve Pederson ruined their life and how Val's Pizza is worse then Pizza Hut and how the Tunnel Walk blows and how they know someone that saw Pelini in Lincoln and 9-3 to 5-6? with their GOT FRANK Shirts etc...

If you think it is alright to walk by players and curse at them so be it. All I ask is the people that are doing this is at least have the balls to do it to their face instead of when they are behind a fence during a game when you know nothing is going to happen. Please have the stones to walk up to Purify out on the town and call him "Puricry" or tell him he sucks and is a baby like so many TOUGH interneters are doing.

Don't come back with "I would kill to play for NU" crap either, because you know what I would as well however you couldn't pay me to go across the middle against USC or in Bowman's case take on a freaking 300lbs pulling guard.

I don't even know what I just posted so nevermind. :madash

So if you sit through the whole game instead of leaving early that means you are happy with what is going on? Sorry I work hard for the money that I spend on my tickets so I sit through all the games. I don't consider myself to be any better of a fan then the next guy. However on the same note as the place all the "awesome" fans in one section, I wish they would place all the "hate filled no it all" fans in a section so I don't have to listen to them during the games. Then they could all storm out in disgust the minute the Huskers fall behind mumbling to themselves about how the 2nd string QB should have played and how Coz is terrible and how the Hot Dog guy didn't point the gun their way and how Jim Rose was screwing up the play by play and how the option is Nebraska football and how all these Big Time recruits don't love the University and how Steve Pederson ruined their life and how Val's Pizza is worse then Pizza Hut and how the Tunnel Walk blows and how they know someone that saw Pelini in Lincoln and 9-3 to 5-6? with their GOT FRANK Shirts etc...

If you think it is alright to walk by players and curse at them so be it. All I ask is the people that are doing this is at least have the balls to do it to their face instead of when they are behind a fence during a game when you know nothing is going to happen. Please have the stones to walk up to Purify out on the town and call him "Puricry" or tell him he sucks and is a baby like so many TOUGH interneters are doing.

Don't come back with "I would kill to play for NU" crap either, because you know what I would as well however you couldn't pay me to go across the middle against USC or in Bowman's case take on a freaking 300lbs pulling guard.

You ended your post strong! Well said!

You know in reading the posts defending the 'crud' fans and looking at their language there may be a class envy...maybe some of the posters got shafted because they didn't get an offer to sign on, maybe others were told not to walk on...maybe others are envious of their high school classmates that are on the team enjoying their jock status. There is some snake venom being spewed by some posters.

WE ARE ALL HUSKERS...NOW what can WE ALL do to help the future of the PROGRAM? Be positive...GBR

Wait a minute..Val's Pizza is worse then Pizza Hut?

What happened since I've been gone?