My Jayhawks will not lose

JHaWk

Hey huskers, I am not trying to be a buzzkill here but...

It is amazing how much confidence the "moral" victory against the Longhorns has given some of you

I myself was confident that NU would play with Texas, and before the game had just as much confidence as

some Husker fans that this would happen. I was rooting for NU to win with everything I had, but it just

didnt happen...

After the NU game, I watched as the Jayhawks stuffed the highly esteemed aTm rushing offense. However I was not impressed with our kicker. Overall, though I was happy with the win in a hostile environment. The aTm game has motivated this whole team and given us momentum. If we held McGee and Lane, we can surely hold Lucky and Castille

However....

I think NU will give KU a game in Lawrence because it seems that NU plays better on the road this year.

If the game were in Lincoln I might be more confident. It seems that Nebraska now plays with reckless abandon something we havent seen the whole season..

Unlike Bill, Mark Mangino (you will see him on the KU sideline he will be the really, really fat guy with a bucket of KFC instead of a playbook) likes to keep the offense simple. Our team is well coached and plays

with a passion for the game. NU will surely play like a wounded animal and will fight with everything they have I believe.

Mangino has Cally's number and we will be 9-0 after this game, but who knows? Maybe Nebraska can knock off its first Top 10 team with a win against Kansas...never thought that I would say that. We are ready for you in Lawrence, it is our homecoming game and it has been a long time coming. We welcome all Husker fans to come tailgate with us and lets have a great Big 12 game!

GO JAYHAWKS! ROCK CHALK :box

I really do hope you guys win out the rest of the season and sneak up in the bcs.

Mangino is a hell of a coach.

Good luck

I will never say ROCK CHOCK again lol

what exactly does that mean "ROCK CHOCK" or "ROCK CHALK" or whatever

i mean what's it all about?

none of them can pronounce the english language well, so they had to have something that rhymed so that it sounded good....that was all they could come up with.

I will never say ROCK CHOCK again lol

what exactly does that mean "ROCK CHOCK" or "ROCK CHALK" or whatever

i mean what's it all about?

none of them can pronounce the english language well, so they had to have something that rhymed so that it sounded good....that was all they could come up with.

btw, the Rock Chalk Chant dates back to 1866 was originally "Rah, Rah, Jayhawk, KU" but it was changed to "Rock Chalk Jayhawk" because of all the limestone surrounding Mt. Oread (the KU campus) and because it rhymed with Jayhawk. Teddy Roosevelt declared it the best college cheer ever. The best way to hear it is in AFH at the end of the game when it's clear KU is going to win, or during a Mizzou game.

http://www.ku.edu/about/traditions/chant.shtml

And the Rock Chalk chant is always a question people ask about. I was at the NCAA tourney games in Chicago and everyone around us wanted to hear about what the chant meant.

Our only hope is that KU does not have any film on Ganz. Now, if our defense could be as strong as they were for 3 quarters, Watson calls the plays, Ganz surprises KU - then we could win.

Odds on that? Given Clownahan's desire to not let anyone else look good, Cos's inability to coach the D, very slim chance.

But hey, we weren't supposed to keep the score close at TU.

:bonez:nutz:woo

I think Kansas is a better team than Texas and I think that it will be a tight one this next weekend. Nebraska will not able to run the ball or stop the run, but I have a feeling it will still be a tight game.

every game is winnable.

find a way to win this one.

BEAT KU!!

Way to go out on a limb there you one-year bandwagon fan.... you are undefeated and we are below .500 and you declare you will win on your home field. I'm sure next you will say that your hoops team will probably beat ours in Allen Fieldhouse. Stay on your own message board you freak and I'm sure we'll see you next year when you are not as good and we are better and we play you in Lincoln. Go away.

Chill man... Sheesh. Kansas has every right to believe they will win this game. And I ALSO believe they will.

Although I think we play well enough to make it a good game.

The Jawhawks will get dropped. It's easy to look good when you play a pud schedule.

The thing is though, KU beat and A&M team at Kyle Field that walked all over the Huskers at Memorial, KU beat a CU team that pulled off an upset against OU in the same venue. I know the non-conference schedule was pud, and I won't try to claim it wasn't, but they did what they were supposed to do and manhandled each one of those teams, could this Nebraska team do that (Ball St. anyone?). Also, the game is in Lawrence, Mangino coached teams always play better in Lawrence. I'm sorry, but I don't even see this game being close, at the beginning of the season I thought this game would decide the North, but Nebraska has failed to live up to my expectations and I honestly think that Texas finished this team off this past weekend, Nebraska was fighting with it's last gasping breath, and Texas put the gun to the Huskers head and finished them off.

Although, I could be wrong, and Ganz does scare the piss out of me (I've been to every home Husker game, and personally, I thought Ganz should have been starting instead of wonder boy Keller), I'm hoping for a competitive game, so the trip down to Larryville is even more fun, but I just can't see this team rising up to pull of the upset, or even make this game competitive. My fiance, he started the year saying she was wearing red to the game (Husker Fan), had earlier in the season decided to wear blue with red underneath and then rip off the blue when the Husker's win, but now, she's not even bothering with the red and going all blue. Shows how much faith she has in this team.

Good luck this weekend 'skers, if you enjoy one thing this weekend I think it's going to be the tailgating atmosphere in Lawrence.