USC to face same fate as NU

billdozer15

TarheelTrojan: "Fight On! GBR"

I just threw up in my mouth. By the way, most teams have had a lot of injuries throughout the season. Just be honest and admit that your Booty has stunk all year long (pun intended). But, at the end of the day, excuses are like buttholes - everybody has them and they all stink. Prepare yourselves to get beat down by my Bruins once again! ESPN pundits can't save your program. :box

I was not making any excuses. If you will look at a post I made Friday, I said I fully expected to lose against Oregon.

I was not making excuses, I was making a comparison. I understand reading with comprehension is not taught at the state school with the big fat bear mascot.

PS Most people throw up in their mouths. Do you sometimes do it somewhere else?

PSS Great game against Notre Dame :corndance

Don't kid yourself, they will be back in the hunt in 2008.

Remember, after winning back to back titles, NU dropped off including a shutout game at ASU. Why? no talent? Nope - inexperience. That team rebounded to win their share of a title the next year. They are not invincible nor the greatest team ever, but they are going to be rock solid next year.

No, we won THE title. Some :asshat sportswriters thought Michigan deserved a plaque. Same with USC, they didn't go back to back. LSU won the title that first year.

Don't kid yourself, they will be back in the hunt in 2008.

Remember, after winning back to back titles, NU dropped off including a shutout game at ASU. Why? no talent? Nope - inexperience. That team rebounded to win their share of a title the next year. They are not invincible nor the greatest team ever, but they are going to be rock solid next year.

No, we won THE title. Some :asshat sportswriters thought Michigan deserved a plaque. Same with USC, they didn't go back to back. LSU won the title that first year.

:yeah In `97 we played in the recognized National Championship game. Remember, the Rose bowl chose not to join the now defunct Bowl Alliance. Michigan just won the sports writers popularity poll. They were not in the National Championship game.

With SC it was even worse. At the time when they were given their little sports writer's tantrum championship, the Pac 10 and Rose Bowl had come on board with the BCS. USC did not play in the National Championship game. How the hell can they be champions? It would be like if the sports writers got together this year and voted the Yankees as the World Series Champs. It doesn't matter that they didn't even play in the World Series. Just that the media likes them best. :bang

TarheelTrojan: "Fight On! GBR"

I just threw up in my mouth. By the way, most teams have had a lot of injuries throughout the season. Just be honest and admit that your Booty has stunk all year long (pun intended). But, at the end of the day, excuses are like buttholes - everybody has them and they all stink. Prepare yourselves to get beat down by my Bruins once again! ESPN pundits can't save your program. :box

I was not making any excuses. If you will look at a post I made Friday, I said I fully expected to lose against Oregon.

I was not making excuses, I was making a comparison. I understand reading with comprehension is not taught at the state school with the big fat bear mascot.

PS Most people throw up in their mouths. Do you sometimes do it somewhere else?

PSS Great game against Notre Dame :corndance

As long as we're on the topic of excuses, UCLA lost to Notre Dame after injuries forced the Bruins to use a walk-on QB who didn't even know the offense yet. So what's SC's excuse for losing to Stanford at home? If you want to show how bad this year's UCLA team is, you should point to the Utah or Washington St. games.

I'm just giving you a hard time since you guys have freaking owned us in recent years (except last year, fo course). :cheers I don't even try to defend this year's Bruins team since our coach is almost as terrible as Callahack. That being said, I wouldn't let your guard down against them. For some odd reason, Dorrell gets his teams to play out of their minds against good teams and then gets them to lie down for bad teams. Go figure.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick historical note Bill. Nebraska ruled the last 30 years of the last Cent. No less than 9 victories a year. Almost every year the Huskers had a shot at being No. One. A bowl game every year, most of which had national implications. 5ive time National Champions. For the 30 year period the Huskers went 308-56-5. For the 5 year period from the fall of 1993 thru the end of the '97 season the Huskers were 61 and 3 and won three out of four National Championships. Definately the team of the last 30 years and can present a good argument as Best Team of the 20ieth Cent.

...T_O_B

:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez

I know this doesnt have much to do with NU football, but i just wonder where those USC fair weather fans are at now. The time has finally come USC's demise is finally coming. Everyone has their day in the sun and USC's has come to an end. Same as NU, Miami, FSU owned the 80s-90s. USC Owned the early 00's. It now looks like LSU, Florida, Oregon are programs that could be on the rise to replace the former top teams. USC has 2 losses already and here is there remaining schedule:

OSU who knocked them off last year.

@CAL

@ASU #6

UCLA you never know about this game.

I see USC losing 2 two of these games. Kinda funny to look at this and realize it happens to everyone and it was only a couple months ago the media wanted to annoint this team as the greatest ever. Now that they are on the downslide will ESPN go out of their way to take pot-shots at their program?

USC won't be down for long. Sometimes you just have sh**ty years.