USC to face same fate as NU

billdozer15

I know this doesnt have much to do with NU football, but i just wonder where those USC fair weather fans are at now. The time has finally come USC's demise is finally coming. Everyone has their day in the sun and USC's has come to an end. Same as NU, Miami, FSU owned the 80s-90s. USC Owned the early 00's. It now looks like LSU, Florida, Oregon are programs that could be on the rise to replace the former top teams. USC has 2 losses already and here is there remaining schedule:

OSU who knocked them off last year.

@CAL

@ASU #6

UCLA you never know about this game.

I see USC losing 2 two of these games. Kinda funny to look at this and realize it happens to everyone and it was only a couple months ago the media wanted to annoint this team as the greatest ever. Now that they are on the downslide will ESPN go out of their way to take pot-shots at their program?

As much as I'd like to see their run end, I still think it's a bit too early. They still have a lot good players. If Carroll left, then I would think otherwise.

I think the end started two years ago when they were beat by TX. It has slowly gone downhill from there. Besides I think Carroll may have one foot out the door. He has nothing else to prove in college football and there is an NFL team just down the road that i think would give him the keys to the Ferrari.

As much as I'd like to see their run end, I still think it's a bit too early. They still have a lot good players. If Carroll left, then I would think otherwise.

I think the end started two years ago when they were beat by TX. It has slowly gone downhill from there. Besides I think Carroll may have one foot out the door. He has nothing else to prove in college football and there is an NFL team just down the road that i think would give him the keys to the Ferrari.

[/quote

i don't think so. carroll could never work in a better situation than he has now and he knows it too.

they will continue to be a top 10 program in the coming years.

Don't kid yourself, they will be back in the hunt in 2008.

Remember, after winning back to back titles, NU dropped off including a shutout game at ASU. Why? no talent? Nope - inexperience. That team rebounded to win their share of a title the next year. They are not invincible nor the greatest team ever, but they are going to be rock solid next year.

The fact that they have had 13 starters go down this year could have a little to do with it. Young kids are getting valuable experience this year. No they won't win the BCS this year, but trust me SC is no where near the level that Nebraska has sunken to.

They will be back next season with a vengence. We will be scrambling to put together an offense and begging players to come.

Reality folks.

The fact that they have had 13 starters go down this year could have a little to do with it. Young kids are getting valuable experience this year. No they won't win the BCS this year, but trust me SC is no where near the level that Nebraska has sunken to.

They will be back next season with a vengence. We will be scrambling to put together an offense and begging players to come.

Reality folks.

If I was a betting man I would bet on them winning another title before us winning the big 12.....

My guess two or three.

We have major problems if this staff is fired.

The guts of the recruiting class will be gone for sure.

I am not sure I trust the God of Nebraska Football. He screwed up pretty badly the last time.

He also hired the guy we just fired, and still considers him a close friend.

We coulld be running in circles it seems to me.

Kinda funny to look at this and realize it happens to everyone and it was only a couple months ago the media wanted to annoint this team as the greatest ever. Now that they are on the downslide will ESPN go out of their way to take pot-shots at their program?

First of all, it wasn't the "media" that annointed the 2007 Trojans the greatest ever - it was Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh at the preseason Pac 10 conference media day. But it's true that ESPN has been riding their collective jock for the last few years.

As a UCLA grad, I'd love to agree that the University of Spoiled Children will face the same fate as NU, but I can't see them falling nearly that far. As others have noted, they have a ton of injuries this year to major players. Plus they're still absolutely loaded with talent and continuing to get top recruits. This season is a setback, to be sure, but they'll rebound just fine next year. Carroll isn't going anywhere. He is almost on the level of John Wooden (God status) around southern California. Unfortunately, those bastards will continue to be the team to beat in the Pac 10 for the next few years at least.