IBR's prediction false?

don't think T.O. would deviate from his original statement.

I would agree with you. But, if the Rams want to buy out Callahans contract????? Dr Tom may end up saying that finacially this is the best thing for the University. <_<

There are ways around everything. I think the coaches know they are out and hopefully everyone involved can find the most politically correct way in doing so. I certainly hope so.

GBR

Why would the rams buy out a contract, that in a couple weeks, Neb will be buying out anyhow? They can have Cal free and clear then and not shell out the $3 million.

The Rams have done some questionable things, but WOW that would be a whopper.

I agree, I don't see why they would do anything right now. I will cost them less in a month.

Im going to say this again....where are people reading this about the Rams? They still have a defensive coordinator and I havent heard that he is not there.

i don't think even T.O. could make me understand the need to keep cally for another season. just won't happen, too much flak from boosters that's for damn sure! this experiment is done!

This may sound way off but the only reason T.O. might keep Cally is because if he has any NFL offers, he'll want to jump on that. If he sees that his choice is NFL or fulfill his NU contract, he'll voluntarily resign and TO will have the upper hand to negotiate. Cally is holding out knowing he'll be fired so he gets a buyout AND an NFL job. If he's forced to choose he'll offer a settlement.

If that happens and he resigns, NU gets out cheap, if Cally stays TO looks like he's giving him the benefit of the doubt as well as honoring his contract, and we hold on to what's left of our current recruiting class.

Then he can fire him after the first game he loses OR Cally gets it together and has a he!! of a season.

TO wins either way.

This all depends on if Cally gets an NFL offer. and TO is aware of it.

I remember IBR stating that after the TX game Cally was supposed to resign...

Did plans change or was IBR wrong for the first time. Im not bashing IBR just wondering

what is goin on in the secret HQ of TO..

I believe he said if it was another embarrasing loss to Texas. Not the close game it was. :)

I think IBR posted again somewhere last night or over the weekend that TO has overruled the original plan, and won't do anything until after the season. I respect that. Also, if it's true, it means the AD is running the department, and not the boosters, which I also like.

With that said, I did have a call from a friend whose wife saw Pelini at Duncan Aviation last week. There have been so many reports of that - all at Duncan, all from different people, that I'm starting to believe it to be true.

GBR

It was John Turturro

i don't think even T.O. could make me understand the need to keep cally for another season. just won't happen, too much flak from boosters that's for damn sure! this experiment is done!

This may sound way off but the only reason T.O. might keep Cally is because if he has any NFL offers, he'll want to jump on that. If he sees that his choice is NFL or fulfill his NU contract, he'll voluntarily resign and TO will have the upper hand to negotiate. Cally is holding out knowing he'll be fired so he gets a buyout AND an NFL job. If he's forced to choose he'll offer a settlement.

If that happens and he resigns, NU gets out cheap, if Cally stays TO looks like he's giving him the benefit of the doubt as well as honoring his contract, and we hold on to what's left of our current recruiting class.

Then he can fire him after the first game he loses OR Cally gets it together and has a he!! of a season.

TO wins either way.

I don't see any way Clownahan is around at the end of the season. Only thing I can think that TO may be doing is see if the Rams are going to offer the OC to Billy C. If he then resigns or St Louis pays off the buyout we save money. Billy C is still here because he wants more $$$ and won't back down.

Now is it true if he resigns, do we still have to pay him his $$ ?? I thought we had to pay ony if he was fired.

Scott

TO wins either way.

I don't see any way Clownahan is around at the end of the season. Only thing I can think that TO may be doing is see if the Rams are going to offer the OC to Billy C. If he then resigns or St Louis pays off the buyout we save money. Billy C is still here because he wants more $$$ and won't back down.

Now is it true if he resigns, do we still have to pay him his $$ ?? I thought we had to pay ony if he was fired.

Scott

It's more like a poor street musician with a "Pay me and I'll stop" sign instead of a "Tips appreciated" sign next to the Styrofoam cup in his guitar case. The way it seems to be working is that Cally knows that everyone wants him gone. He also knows if he gets canned he gets (I've heard) ~$9 Million. However, he also knows that if he resigns he'll get nothing, so that's why we have buy out negotiations. The university doesn't want to shell out the money but they want Callihan gone; Bill doesn't want to stay here and ride out his contract out of spite, how miserable would that be? So they try to work out a situation where he can resign and still get *some* of the buy out. "Pay me to stop."

Is today the day? Is Husker Nation finally going to get what we've (damn near) all been wanting? Has Christmas come early in the heartland?

GOD I HOPE SO

Information points to yes:

"Sightings" of McBride on campus (Interim HC?)

Osborne's slip of the tongue in the KETV interview. (New Staff)

OC job opening up in St. Louis (Easy out for Cally)

Proof that for another year we have "surrendered" the Big XII to Texas (and OK, and KU, and everyone but Baylor and Iowa State)

Today could be the day... IBR - I hope you are right.

GO BIG RED - THROUGH THICK AND THIN

I'm afraid not. I've supported the coaches all along, but I just can't take this anymore. A change is inevitable, and the sooner the better.

Give it a day you'll change your mind and tell everyone that this staff should be given another year to make their system work. :)

That's quite possible.

chuckleshuffle