Players leaving team

OL Ryan Schuler ( He, finally, has been released, why?? I'll never know)

I believe he has had blood clotting problems and the NU medical staff didn't think it was safe for him to play. He thinks otherwise. I read that in the article Blackshirt posted in the news and headlines forum.

OL Ryan Schuler ( He, finally, has been released, why??  I'll never know)

I believe he has had blood clotting problems and the NU medical staff didn't think it was safe for him to play. He thinks otherwise. I read that in the article Blackshirt posted in the news and headlines forum.

I wonder what his family thinks? Kind of sounds like Boobie Miles in the movie Friday night lights. I am sure if he is a decent lineman the coaches would want him to play especially considering the current condition of our O-line.

This dude was pretty overrated if you ask me.

I would agree that he might have been a little overrated/overhyped, but he didn't show much of a work ethic to impress the coaches since he cracked the line up in '02. Whenever he does get into the game he seems to hesitate when he sees an opening or waits too long. Transferring won't cure that.

You guys that are dismissing these players as people that arent "any good " anyways are in complete denial. This is just a small sign and a little red flag that says Callahan will never....NEVER ... be the right fit and in two more years you will see why but those that wont own up to it now will probably be making excuses then too. How can you defend Cally Boy with all that has went down this year ??? If we beat Colorado it will surprise the hell out of me... I hope we do so we can at least salvage our non-losing record because thats all we have on the other traditionl powers as of right now.

You guys that are dismissing these players as people that arent "any good " anyways are in complete denial. This is just a small sign and a little red flag that says Callahan will never....NEVER ... be the right fit and in two more years you will see why but those that wont own up to it now will probably be making excuses then too.

Listen up blowhard, Horne didn't do anything for Solich either and didn't impress the new staff and got buried below Ross and 2 freshmen on the depth chart. David Horne couldn't take the starting job from Josh Davis. You might want to read that again to let it sink in that maybe he was "overrated."

You guys that are dismissing these players as people that arent "any good " anyways are in complete denial. This is just a small sign and a little red flag that says Callahan will never....NEVER ... be the right fit and in two more years you will see why but those that wont own up to it now will probably be making excuses then too. How can you defend Cally Boy with all that has went down this year ??? If we beat Colorado it will surprise the hell out of me... I hope we do so we can at least salvage our non-losing record because thats all we have on the other traditionl powers as of right now.

Have you read anything about why these guys are leaving?

According to Callahan in a press conference yesterday, Patrick may not be transfering. Callahan and his father talked for a while a day or so ago.

Muy decided he would be better suited somewhere else. Him and the coaching staff have no hard feelings.

Schuler (sp?) has health problems and disagree's with the medical staff about whether it is safe to play. Callahan said in his press conference this week that he really didn't know Schuler. He knew he has been on medical hardship for quite a while. Has he even practiced?

I believe Timm is having major academic problems. At least that's what Callahan said in his press conference. He has decided to focus on his academics and possibly make a return in the future. (I may have Timm and Muy confused here, I am going to have to re watch the last press conference)

Listen, kids leave programs all the time. For one reason or another grades, family, just don't mesh with the staff. Considering the coaching changes recently it is almost suprising more players haven't transfered. Not necessarily because of the coaches that got hired, because players form relationships with coaches. Apparently the actual players think more of this coaching staff than some fans do, Call me crazy, but I tend to listen to what players have to say for obvious reasons. They are on the inside. I am on the outside.

Sounds like a pretty good chance horne is transferring. Possibly to Northern Iowa.

I heard the same thing. He's completly worthless. Ever since he got here his work ethic sucked, his speed sucked, his size sucked, and his attitude sucked. So long sucker. This opens up another scholarship for Callahan to use.