We can all take a lesson from Kansas!

HuskerT

Kansas has been ridiculous for so long, my point is that they've gotten better every year since he's been there. Can we make the same claim? He is obviously doing something right.

Well... kinda...

2002 Kansas 2–10 0–8 6 (North)

2003 Kansas 6–7 3–5 4 – T (North) L 56–26 Mazda Tangerine Bowl

2004 Kansas 4–7 2–6 3 – T (North)

2005 Kansas 7–5 3–5 3 (North) W 42–13 Fort Worth Bowl

2006 Kansas 6–6 3–5 3 (North)

2007** Kansas 8–0 4–0 1 (North)

Could just be a fluke year, maybe. I dunno...

we will see. If they win the north its not a fluke year. this is the best the north has been for a while.

Kansas has been ridiculous for so long, my point is that they've gotten better every year since he's been there. Can we make the same claim? He is obviously doing something right.

Well... kinda...

Im trying to figure out how someone can say that they are getting better every year?!?!?

Thank you for proving that Mangino hasnt done sh#t! This is the first year he has hit 8 wins!!!

They will be in the shitter again soon. You cant polish a turd!!

Well... kinda...

Im trying to figure out how someone can say that they are getting better every year?!?!?

Thank you for proving that Mangino hasnt done sh#t! This is the first year he has hit 8 wins!!!

Very objective! You keep running all your smack while we keep looking up at Kansas and Missouri in the standings. Obviously their RECORD doesn't indicate it, but wake up and smell the roses. You think it's easy to win at Kansas and Missouri? Open your eyes can't you see what's happening in the big12, Nebraska's down and everybody else has been taking advantage of it. We're not even the fourth best team in the North and this "Kansas is crap" routine is getting old. I for one don't have my head in the sand, I can see that we have a lot of work to do just to get back to the level of Kansas and Missouri. Every game they win draws more and more attention to them and away from us. You think recruits don't notice this? Believe it or not Kansas, Missouri, Kansas st & Colorado are better coached than us. Now when you combine their good coaching with the better recruits they will get with their recent success and we are in some serious trouble.

Kansas is a perfect example what can happen when you are well coached. They don't have better talent than us, they don't have better facilities than us, they don't have better fans than us, they don't have a bigger recruiting base than us, they don't get more T.V. exposure than us, they're not faster, bigger, stronger or more talented than us. The difference is that they're coaching staff is able to get the most out of the talent that they do have. They're coaching staff prepares their players to play, motivates them when they need to be motivated and most importantly makes adjustments when they need to be made.

This is not an isolated incident, this sort of thing is happening all over the Big 12 and the country. It's happening at places like Missouri, Kansas, Kansas st, Colorado, Arizona st, Oregon, Boston College, South Florida, Rutgers, West Virginia, Wake Forest, Virginia, Kentucky, South Carolina, Illinois, Virginia Tech, Hawaii, Boise st, I think you get the point. It's happening all over the country, but it's not happening at Nebraska. I take my hat off to these schools, I'm completely jealous of the direction that their programs are heading in and the coaching staffs that are guiding them. I only hope that one day other schools and their fans will again be jealous of Nebraska!

KU's had a much more favorable schedule than we have had. Let's say we play 4 cream puffs in a row this year. The team gains valuable confidence. We could be easily staring down at an 8-1 to 7-2 season at this point in time. Mangino is a better coach than Clownahan, and there's no real debating that fact. However, some of the schools you mentioned do not have better coaches than we do. For example, Pinkel in Missouri is a complete asshat. He kicked us when we were down, but OU (the same OU that got beat in Boulder) put them in their place. Pinkel and Mizzou win a few games they shouldn't and lose several that they should win. He's a moron. Zook at Illinois I would put in the same boat. He's a great recruiter, but he's not a very good coach. Look at what Meyer did with Zook's recruits. It's just that Zook replaced an even more incompetent coach at Illinois. A leapard doesn't just change his spots.

I disagree with your Pinkel comments. If you look at where MU was 6 years ago when he took over the program he has made great strides. Has he made mistakes? Yes, but it seems to me he has grown into a solid coach. Makes good adjustments at the half and has built a program in Columbia that is on solid footing. He has done it the right way, from the ground up. Seems to be recruiting good athletes and solid citizens(few problems off the field) It seems to me Pinkel gets a bad rap for some mistakes early in his MU career. As a Mizzou alum, I am happy with his progress and where he has the program.

Go Huskers.. beat the Hawks

Okay, Pinkel isn't the worst HC in the Big 12. However, he did take a player that is 1 of the only 2 QB's in D1 history to ever rush for 1000 yards and throw for 2000 yards in a single season. I believe Smith did it as a freshman or sophomore. He took that same athlete and made him average. I call this a huge mistake. I compare it to the huge mistake Mack Brown made with Major Applewhite. Pinkel is just barely over .500 for his career at Mizzou. I don't believe he's ever had a team represent the North yet even though the North has pretty much sucked the last 3 or 4 years. Mizzou has had 31 coaches since inception of the football program. Pinkel only has a better winning percentage than 10 of those. Of the overall winning percentage, his winning percentage is below the average. Only one of the individual records held there by players was set by a player that didn't play under him. He has only even made 3 bowl games while coaching there. So, he only makes a bowl about 50% of the time.

Well... kinda...

You were saying?

Well... kinda...

You were saying?

You can cry all you want but Manginos record says it all for me. This is Manginos 6th yr... If he was at Nebraska he would have been run out of town by now. I feel the same way about Mizzery.

Go ahead and rant and bitch about my opinion all you want. Your crying isnt going to change my mind.

Well... kinda...

You were saying?

You can cry all you want but Manginos record says it all for me. This is Manginos 6th yr... If he was at Nebraska he would have been run out of town by now. I feel the same way about Mizzery.

Go ahead and rant and bitch about my opinion all you want. Your crying isnt going to change my mind.

You're entitled to your opinion and I respect that, but no matter how you look at it were falling farther and farther behind teams that we shouldn't be and I just pray that something happens quick enough to save whatever dignity the program has left. You may not think Mangino is a good coach, but I think 76-39 speaks volumes.

Well... kinda...

You were saying?

You're entitled to your opinion and I respect that, but no matter how you look at it were falling farther and farther behind teams that we shouldn't be and I just pray that something happens quick enough to save whatever dignity the program has left. You may not think Mangino is a good coach, but I think 76-39 speaks volumes.

Im not going to call Mangino a great coach. 76-39 tells me that we suck right now and Mangino is having a good year. Kansas will always be Kansas... every 20 yrs they will have a good team.

We have enought talent at Nebraska right now that Im pretty upbeat thinking about what a good coach can do with these kids. Thats all I have... this season is going to be the season that will be erased from my memory forever.

Well... kinda...

Im, trying to figure out how someone can say that they are getting better every year?!?!?

You were saying?

Im not going to call Mangino a great coach. 76-39 tells me that we suck right now and Mangino is having a good year. Kansas will always be Kansas... every 20 yrs they will have a good team.

We have enought talent at Nebraska right now that Im pretty upbeat thinking about what a good coach can do with these kids. Thats all I have... this season is going to be the season that will be erased from my memory forever.

OK, I totally agree with you on your latest point. The score may have just been indicative of the fact that Kansas is pretty darn good this year and our defense is absolutely non-existant and I do agree that we have enough talent on this team that the right coach could in fact turn things around quickly. I just pray that you're right.