Who do you think NU's next head coach will be?

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

IMO, it just doesnt seem right with anyone else besides Bo Pelini being our next head coach. It's the perfect fit, few schools have the strong tradition of defense (hard to remember that tradition this year....thanks COZ) which we have. Even with the high expectations, why wouldnt Bo want to be apart of this? A program as passionate for its team as he is passionate for coaching.

It looks like Bo is winning the popular vote.

But Bo's only winning the vote for who people think will be the next coach. That doesn't mean that's who everyone wants. Someone should do a poll (I don't know how) with those same candidate options asking people who they would want to be the next coach, if that hasn't already been done. Because this poll doesn't really tell us much except for what most of the rumors are saying.

no more new coach poll/posts/rumors/speculation threads pls.

kthnxbye!

Dude, why do you care? I suggest you don't click on or post on any new poll/rumors/speculation threads. What's wrong with these threads? Some of us don't have much else in the college football world to get excited about these days, so I don't see the harm in them. Sure, they get ridiculous at times, but what's the big deal? If you don't like them, don't read them. Let others conduct the discussion that they want to conduct. :thumbs

I'm even dreaming about Husker football now :lol:

When I woke up this morning I was sure Turner Gill was our head coach, the dream seemed so real. He was my fav player of all time but who knows if hes ready yet. I know he is doing a good job at Buf but not really going up against the same type of teams as he would see here week after week.

GBR!!!

As someone who lives in ACC country, I can tell you why Jim Grobe is on the list of potential candidiates to replace Callahan. I know it's hard for Nebraska fans to understand this end of the football spectrum, but if Wake Forest wins more than 3-4 games a year, the coach is considered a miracle worker. When Grobe won the ACC title last year and took Wake to the Orange Bowl, people considered it the finest coaching and recruiting in WF history, and it probably was. Wake is (I believe) the second smallest school in the country that plays major college football. For Wake to be defeating the Florida States, Clemsons, etc. of this world is pretty amazing. If Swank (the FG kicker) had made that 48 yarder yesterday against UVA, Wake would be 7-2 and probably in the ACC title game again. I have heard that Grobe is happy and Wake and wants to stay. but no doubt Nebraska could throw infinitely more money at him if they wanted to get him.

As someone who lives in ACC country, I can tell you why Jim Grobe is on the list of potential candidiates to replace Callahan. I know it's hard for Nebraska fans to understand this end of the football spectrum, but if Wake Forest wins more than 3-4 games a year, the coach is considered a miracle worker. When Grobe won the ACC title last year and took Wake to the Orange Bowl, people considered it the finest coaching and recruiting in WF history, and it probably was. Wake is (I believe) the second smallest school in the country that plays major college football. For Wake to be defeating the Florida States, Clemsons, etc. of this world is pretty amazing. If Swank (the FG kicker) had made that 48 yarder yesterday against UVA, Wake would be 7-2 and probably in the ACC title game again. I have heard that Grobe is happy and Wake and wants to stay. but no doubt Nebraska could throw infinitely more money at him if they wanted to get him.

I am in NC as well and that's the exact truth. Grobe has done a great job getting Wake some wins and exposure. But I had to go with Bo. I like his intesity and resume of great defenses. :clap

All signs up to now point to Bo Pelini as the top canadiate.

I am listening to Jim Rome interview Spencer Tillman right now. Tillman just said that Les Miles will definitely go to Michigan after this season because Carr will retire no matter what. Of course this is mere speculation on his part, but I've heard other "experts" suggest the same outcome. So if this happens, do you think Pelini will get a serious look for the LSU HC job or will they go after someone with substantial HC experience? This could affect Nebraska.

Marvin Lewis ... I would like to say Bo Pelini, but Marvin Lewis might be the man.

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

No more ex-NFL guys. Pittsburg stinks! Notre Dame Stinks!! Nebraska stinks!!! All have ex-NFL coaches. These guys can't coach unless all there players were All Americans. They don't know how to coach a guy that doesn't have the skill to play in the pros. Please no more NFLers for us.

...T_O_B :cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers

Voted other. I like Bo, but I do not love Bo. I think he is a powder keg waiting to go off. I agree he can provide the spark this team is missing. But, I also think his tone and style would wear out after a while. Buddies at OU do not miss him much. I think a guy like Peterson at Boise State would fit our fan base the best. I really like his bio. and it seems he can recruit talent to play way out in Boise. Think what a young guy like that could do with our resources. Either way, I will support the next coach.