Team Is Responding Well To Joe...

HSKRNOKC

Ganz statement says a lot about his demeanor.

I love his attitude.

BALLS TO THE WALL JOE!!

I don't know if any of you caught the Tuesday press conference but Ganz was asked about his role so far and how he's handled being the backup etc. His response was something like, "I just do whatever the team needs me to do. After Sam was named the starter I wasn't even thinking about transferring. I would never do that, it's just not me." I took it as a little jab at Keller. IMO this team likes Ganz more, but that doesn't mean it will translate onto the field. We'll see Saturday.

If the Sam Keller speech thing has any truth to it...well...that's kind of troubling. Just from that one statement it didn't seem like the players were meshing with him as much as we thought, because now they're saying they've never been so excited to practice.

I don't know. I don't want to let any of this reflect poorly on Sam, but between that and some of the stuff he allegedly spewed at the bar a few weeks ago with McKlown, it kind of makes you wonder.

X

Who was the last backup Qb that took the Huskers to stardom? :)

That would be The late, great Brook Berringer. One cannot forget however when Berringer went down with a collapsed lung when Matt Turmun (or is it Turmon) took over against KSU.

I have the utmost faith in Joe Ganz. Win or lose he's going to have the team behind him. I have having Keller out for the remainder of the season with a broken collarbone, but in a way it's in our favor to have Ganz starting against Kansas because Kansas doesn't have a lot of game film to look at.

GO GET 'EM JOE!!

When Berringer went down with a collapsed lung against Wyoming, Matt "The Turmanator" Turman started the next week against K-State. He played for a half, and Berringer relieved him in the 2nd half.

Can you imagine if Sam was having a Heisman-Caliber season and NU was, more like, 7-2? This would be devastating.

When was the last time that a Nebraska QB was put out for the season with an injury?

I remember, in 2001, I always thought Crouch was going to get injured...with his constant out-of-the-pocket scrambles. I was sure he would be hurt...never was, fortunately.

Per Huskernumerouno -- And can you imagine, if we won out, the bag of cats that would open concerning our coaching staff?

If we win out with Ganz, Keller's NFL stock will go completely to the cellar. IMO, I don't think we'll win out but I do think we can win 2 more games and become bowl eligible. Considering Lucky has the most receptions on the team, I've been wondering how well Keller does get along with the WR corp. and some of the rest of the offense. It seems like this coaching staff has tried about everything, and it hasn't worked. I wonder if Clownahan can just let Watson call the plays for an entire game this week. If Clownahan wants to get his hands dirty, let him put some emphasis on the our inept D and leave the O to Watson.

Who was the last backup Qb that took the Huskers to stardom? :)

That would be The late, great Brook Berringer. One cannot forget however when Berringer went down with a collapsed lung when Matt Turmun (or is it Turmon) took over against KSU.

I have the utmost faith in Joe Ganz. Win or lose he's going to have the team behind him. I have having Keller out for the remainder of the season with a broken collarbone, but in a way it's in our favor to have Ganz starting against Kansas because Kansas doesn't have a lot of game film to look at.

GO GET 'EM JOE!!

When Berringer went down with a collapsed lung against Wyoming, Matt "The Turmanator" Turman started the next week against K-State. He played for a half, and Berringer relieved him in the 2nd half.

Berringer played the whole Wyoming game and left after first half of the Oklahoma St game with collapsed lung. Matt Turman played the last half of the Oklahoma St game and the whole K-State game.

Me and my buddy were talking and he was talking about how Sam usually gives this long, elaborate speech after practice about how to win. Joe seems to do things a little bit differently. His exact quote:

"I ain't got no f****** speech. Just beat the s*** out of Kansas."

The team erupted in cheers and he said that they "hadn't been so excited in practice all year".

Hopefully this translates on the field.

Is your buddy Gilleylan or Mendoza?

Are you sure about that? Berringer actually collapsed his lung in the Wyoming game in the first half while diving on a TD run. He did play the entire game, but it was the Wyoming game he collapsed the lung.

After wyoming game Berringer, complaining of shortness of breath was taken to Bryan Memorial Hospital for an examination. His left lung was partially collapsed. Like you, I had a different recollection, so I looked it up in one of the National championship sports Illustrated magazine I bought.

Can you imagine if Sam was having a Heisman-Caliber season and NU was, more like, 7-2? This would be devastating.

When was the last time that a Nebraska QB was put out for the season with an injury?

I remember, in 2001, I always thought Crouch was going to get injured...with his constant out-of-the-pocket scrambles. I was sure he would be hurt...never was, fortunately.

Per Huskernumerouno -- And can you imagine, if we won out, the bag of cats that would open concerning our coaching staff?

If we win out with Ganz, Keller's NFL stock will go completely to the cellar. IMO, I don't think we'll win out but I do think we can win 2 more games and become bowl eligible. Considering Lucky has the most receptions on the team, I've been wondering how well Keller does get along with the WR corp. and some of the rest of the offense. It seems like this coaching staff has tried about everything, and it hasn't worked. I wonder if Clownahan can just let Watson call the plays for an entire game this week. If Clownahan wants to get his hands dirty, let him put some emphasis on the our inept D and leave the O to Watson.

"EGO." Is why Callahan won't let Watson call a whole game. How would it look on his resume at his next job, if the Huskers won a game against a top ten team on the road and he wasn't calling the plays. He will never let that happen. He would rather lose first.

GBR!!!

Me and my buddy were talking and he was talking about how Sam usually gives this long, elaborate speech after practice about how to win. Joe seems to do things a little bit differently. His exact quote:

"I ain't got no f****** speech. Just beat the s*** out of Kansas."

The team erupted in cheers and he said that they "hadn't been so excited in practice all year".

Hopefully this translates on the field.

Is your buddy Gilleylan or Mendoza?

LOL! You asked that last time. I don't want it to be a distraction to the board and such. I'll just say that he is one of the guys from TX in the '07 class.

Last week everyone was saing what a good leader Sam Keller was, and that he was one of the few players that was showing any heart.

Now everyone is thrilled that Joe Ganz is going to play. He is inspiring the team and will give his heart and soul to win. MUCH more of a leader than Keller was.

Let's not put the weight of the world on this kid. He has not started in a Division I game, and has not played more that a few minutes. I really hope, for him, that he plays well Saturday. I really hope, for him, that Callahan allows Watson to call the plays. I really, REALLY, hope for him that the offensive line plays inspired ball and protects him well.

Good luck, Joe.