**Official Kansas Game Discussion Thread**

you know its almost a waste of taxpayers dollars just to send coz to these games...

tax payer dollars don't pay for it.

Uh I may be wrong . Isn't Neb a land grant college?

It doesn't really matter, the football program is essentially self-sustaining (in fact, it supports many of the other sports at UNL). Very few, if any, general university dollars go to the football program, as I understand it.

I have the game on tape delay to edit out commercials and I just got done with the first half. That was at the same time the best and worst half of football I've seen us play all year! ! ! ! ! !

Offense - GREAT job! Ganz is a dream! A couple of drops cost him some numbers, and he's thrown a couple of dangerous passes, but overall he has been remarkable. I am SO happy with him.

Defense - That was perhaps the worst defensive half I have ever seen, Texas Tech included, and I don't ever even want to hear the name of our future former DC again. The man is a complete fraud.

What is perhaps most shocking is that the first half featured what may have been the best single effort by an NU defender this year - Andre Jones' tackle where he fought through the WR and tackled the screen man for a loss. Amazing play.

The sad thing about that play? We used to have 5-10 of those every game.

I would like to see T.O. fire our DC right now, before the game is even over. That would be awesome, and only what the man deserves.

you know its almost a waste of taxpayers dollars just to send coz to these games...

tax payer dollars don't pay for it.

Uh I may be wrong . Isn't Neb a land grant college?

It doesn't really matter, the football program is essentially self-sustaining (in fact, it supports many of the other sports at UNL). Very few, if any, general university dollars go to the football program, as I understand it.

Definitely true. The University has lots of donor money to pay for the football program. The overall budget would suffer if they were to suspend the football program (to say nothing about the damage to all of us).