Scenarios for a Bowl Game

Now I know most of you want this season to be over and just look forward to next year witha new coach as long as its not Callahan. But I was looking through schedules and bowl tie-ins and I found out this.

-If we get two teams into BCS Bowls from the Big 12, we get 9 bowl tie-ins instead of 8.

Next week...say we win, Colorado has Iowa State...they could lose to Iowa State...considering it is at Iowa State...say Colorado loses.

That puts us and Colorado playing for a bowl spot at 5-6 and 5-6....and whoever wins...will probably get the invite.

So now you think that is the only way....kansas state is 5-4 right now...but there schedule doesnt get any easier....they go to nebraska(which is us) play against missouri on k states turf and then go to Fresno State at the end of the season...they could lose all three of those...I no they will lose at least 2...because here is Fresnos schedule...and my cousin lives in Fresno, California and says their crowd gets roudy:

09/01 Sac St W 24-3

09/08 at #23 Texas A&M L 47-45

09/15 at #19 Oregon L 52-21

09/29 La Tech W 17-6

10/06 at Nevada W 49-41

10/13 at Idaho W 37-24

10/20 San Jose St W 30-0

10/26 Boise St L 34-21

11/03 Utah St W 38-27

11/10 at #14 Hawaii 11:05 PM

11/24 Kansas St TBD

11/30 at New Mexico St 8:00 PM

They happen to look like a pretty good football team. So even if Colorado wins next week and K State loses...and we beat Colorado and end up 6-6 and so do they....K-State could very easily end up 5-7...Just look at this Colorado and Kansas State could both end up 5-7...without much happening....and that would book us a bowl bid down in Shreveport...which is better than nothing...2 bad wed get the living sh#t kicked out of us by a SEC team.

Well hope you understood all of this since its kinda close together...but just thot I would let you know..and the chances of the BCS having two Big 12 schools in their bowls could happen... Kansas wins out and Oklahoma wins out...and Oklahoma beats Kansas...I'm pretty sure they would both stay in the Top 12...maybe even Top 10....

Go Big REd :sarcasm

I do not know what your Doctor has you on....but do you have any extra?

How could anyone look at this team and think they are bowl worthy?

Bowls are a reward, and I have a problem for barely over .500 teams making them.

This team should not be rewarded......although I think it is virtually impossible for them to muster up the heart to win enough to make it anyway.

Take a look at who's already bowl eligible and who's still on the bubble.

Total bowl slots available: 64

Total teams eligible: 47

Total teams on the bubble: 39 (need two or fewer wins to become eligible)

ACC

Already eligible

Boston College (8-1), Clemson (7-2), Florida State (6-3), Virginia (8-2), Virginia Tech (7-2), Wake Forest (6-3).

On the bubble

Georgia Tech (5-4), Maryland (4-5), Miami (5-4), NC State (4-5).

Bowl tie-ins: 8.

Big 12

Already eligible

Kansas (9-0), Missouri (8-1), Oklahoma (8-1), Texas (8-2), Texas A&M (6-4), Texas Tech (7-3).

On the bubble

Colorado (5-5), Kansas State (5-4), Nebraska (4-6), Oklahoma State (5-4).

Big East

Already eligible

Cincinnati (7-2), Connecticut (8-1), South Florida (6-3), West Virginia (7-1).

On the bubble

Louisville (5-4), Pittsburgh (4-5), Rutgers (5-4).

Bowl tie-ins: 5

Big Ten

Already eligible

Illinois (7-3), Indiana (6-4), Michigan (8-2), Ohio State (10-0), Penn State (7-3), Purdue (7-3), Wisconsin (7-3).

On the bubble

Iowa (5-5), Michigan State (5-5), Northwestern (5-5).

Bowl tie-ins: 7.

Conference USA

Already eligible

East Carolina (6-4), Tulsa (6-3), UCF (6-3).

On the bubble

Houston (5-3), Memphis (4-5), Southern Miss (5-4), UTEP (4-5).

Bowl tie-ins: 6.

Independents

Already eligible

None.

On the bubble

Navy (5-4).

Mid-American

Already eligible

None.

On the bubble

Ball State (5-5), Bowling Green (5-4), Buffalo (4-6), Central Michigan (5-4), Miami (Ohio) (5-5), Ohio (5-5), Toledo (5-5).

Bowl tie-ins: 3.

Mountain West

Already eligible

BYU (6-2), Air Force (7-3), New Mexico (6-3), Utah (6-3).

On the bubble

TCU (5-4), Wyoming (5-4).

Bowl tie-ins: 4.

Pac-10

Already eligible

Arizona State (8-1), Cal (6-3), Oregon (8-1), USC (7-2).

On the bubble

Arizona (4-6), Oregon State (5-4), UCLA (5-4).

Bowl tie-ins: 6.

SEC

Already eligible

Alabama (6-3), Arkansas (6-3), Auburn (7-3), Florida (6-3), Georgia (7-2), Kentucky (6-3), LSU (8-1), South Carolina (6-4), Tennessee (6-3).

On the bubble

Mississippi State (5-4), Vanderbilt (5-4).

Sun Belt

Already eligible

Troy (6-3).

On the bubble

Arkansas State (4-5), Florida Atlantic (4-4), Middle Tennessee (5-5).

Bowl tie-ins: 1.

WAC

Already eligible

Boise State (8-1), Fresno State (6-3), Hawaii (8-0).

On the bubble

Louisiana Tech (4-6), Nevada (5-4), New Mexico State (4-6).

Bowl tie-ins: 3.

ESPN.com - Bowl-eligible Teams

Boy a couple of you guys did a lot of work on this!

Based on recent events I don't see how NU could possible win another game. Texas game taught us that the only chance we have is if our D blitzes 80% of the time. Did Cally/Cozzy learn from that experience? NOOOOOOO! We went back to a "read and react" defense. Can you imagine the game plan for KU? BC talking to Coz - "Gee we almost beat Texas. What kind of defense should we throw at KU?" ..... :corndance

KSU will be hungry for a win after their ISU belly-flop.

Then we play CU in Boulder; a place where we historically struggle.

It's a real stretch of the imagination to see how we can win either of these games.

I don't see how any fan would want their team to lose, who cares if we get imbrased, what if we win. So we might not get a coach as soon but, any coach I want will be in a bowl after us any ways so we would have to wait any ways, Cally is gone no question so why not a hope for a bowl win.

Does a team that's 1-5 and in conference play like we are really DESERVE a bowl game? Honestly, I'd much rather see a team like Oklahoma State, Kansas State, or Colorado go to a bowl before us. The coaches of those teams are all top notch guys and are moving their teams in the right direction. I hope we stay home this year and start fixing this mess.

we all need to get used to the fact that NU will not be going to a bowl this year even if NU wins both remaining games.

I dont think that the fna base will follow this team to Boise for the Humanitarian Bowl, or to Memphis to the Music City Toilet Bowl

at 6-6 NU will not get an at-large invite