John Chapman with Channel 6

You all know that I'm a staunch supporter of Callahan and think he's a good coach who deserves more time.

But things like this are getting more and more irritating. TO is a legend, and he deserves respect.

Out of curiousity, how could you possibly think Callahan is a good coach?

and how much more time would/could you give this moron?? :wtf

Not to distract too much from this thread (which highlights a very interesting point), but in brief, I think (or tought <_<) he was a very classy individual who does things the "right" way and clearly knows a lot about football. He's implemented a system which I've come to believe in and has shown steady improvement, fluke collapse notwithstanding. He also seems to love it here (before everything started collapsing around him, anyway) and really liked this program and treated the player as "his kids." Seem(ed?) like the very down-to-earth classy kind of guy I'd want to lead our program. I know few (or none) of you agree with me, though...

It's only the clear disconnect growing between him and TO (where TO is Nebraska Football) that gives me pause.

If this has any truth, and it sounds like it does, what little respect I had for Clownahan just evaporated. Is this a big deal? Is it really? You're damn right it is. Tom Osborne is one of the most decent individuals on the face of the earth. He is the pure emodiment of what it means to be a Husker. In our modern era it is difficult to find true role models, but we have one as our Athletic Director. I believe Tom when he says that he wants to do anything he can to help the program, that he would give his time and his emotions to build this team up to success.

But from the evidence which has accumulated over this season, I am coming to believe that Callahan is not a decent man, he hasn't a ounce of Nebraska character in him. Any decent man would have fired his DC by now to save the entire football program. Any decent man would accept the handshake of a a coach who knows what its like to nearly buckle under the crushing expectations the fanbase has for this program.

Lose a few big games, okay. Bring Husker football to the point of death, okay, you might just be an idiot. But disrespect Tom Osborne. Inexcusable.

I hope Callahan has some mournful resignation sentiments for us on Tuesday, if not sooner.

X

These ass clowns will be gone soon enough. Tom will respectfully fire them. Tom is a stand up guy and will treat these guys with dignity and respect.

I on the other hand would TAR AND FEATHER their sorry asses and parade them around the state in the back of a wagon filled with pig sh#t. Then after the entire state has had a chance to spit or piss on these dirtballs a good swift :nutz would be their send off.

They should never be allowed to coach again, anywhere.

These ass clowns will be gone soon enough. Tom will respectfully fire them. Tom is a stand up guy and will treat these guys with dignity and respect.

I on the other hand would TAR AND FEATHER their sorry asses and parade them around the state in the back of a wagon filled with pig sh#t. Then after the entire state has had a chance to spit or piss on these dirtballs a good swift :nutz would be their send off.

They should never be allowed to coach again, anywhere.

I like your idea but that would be a waste of pig dung... :lol:

Not to distract too much from this thread (which highlights a very interesting point), but in brief, I think (or tought <_<) he was a very classy individual who does things the "right" way and clearly knows a lot about football. He's implemented a system which I've come to believe in and has shown steady improvement, fluke collapse notwithstanding. He also seems to love it here (before everything started collapsing around him, anyway) and really liked this program and treated the player as "his kids." Seem(ed?) like the very down-to-earth classy kind of guy I'd want to lead our program. I know few (or none) of you agree with me, though...

It's only the clear disconnect growing between him and TO (where TO is Nebraska Football) that gives me pause.

I agree with alot of this. I think he is a good guy. I think he is a good coach. I think he is doing things the right way. I think he does appretiate the job, team and state.

but I dont think he is cut out to be a head coach. nothing against the guy. not everyone is.

I saw the video on channel 1 (Cox) during the repeat channel 6 news.

They knew he was there.. the video shows him talking as he heads directly to them. They in turn ignore him and turn towards the left. The camera abgle changes and the man in the background gives TO the "surprised" look as he continues trying to talk and they continue to walk away.

Fire these two :asshat NOW!

I just saw the video on channel 1 in Omaha, which replays the WOWT newscast every half hour. There is no doubt, it was a snub. Coz and Callahan walked right past T.O. and there was no way they could have missed him. T.O. looked like he didn't know what to do.

Amazing!

The old preemptive snub! After an embarrasing performance like that BC and Cos probably thought TO was going to snub them, so they snubbed first. Probably not as malicious as it seemed. :sarcasm