John Chapman with Channel 6

Yeah, I saw on the news live at 10pm last night. Unbelievable! Yet...seems like something the "dumbest coach in America" would do.

WOWT showed it again tonight...... Cally kept going, while it appeared that T.O. tried to say something encouraging.

From a different angle, Coz truly seemed like a 'Dead Man Walking' as he left the field.

Not trying to stick up for HCBC but... I know, personally, after an embarrassment like that I wouldn't want the first thing I see as I'm running of the field be my boss. I probably would've blown him off too, even if it was Dr. Tom Osborne.

But that's why I'm not a Head Coach at a major University. :)

He should've shown at least a little respect. Even if the only thing he would say was, "Sorry, sir... but I don't really want to talk now."

The clip is up at http://www.wowt.com/sports. It is on the right side of the page, not sure how long it will stay up there.

Someone on another board recorded the clip, reviewed it several times and had this assessment:

You guys need to settle down.

I got emotional when I first watched this clip, also.

I recorded it and have watched it a few times now.

John Chapman puts this idea into your head before seeing the clip so your view of the clip is already influenced before watching it.

Here is how I understood the clip:

First you see Callahan walking off the field and then Cosgrove walks past him going faster.

Cosgrove is in front of Callahan with his head down looking emotional.

Cosgrove had his head down and did not see Coach Osborne.

I believe Cosgrove was crying.

Coach Osborne actually stepped forward what looked like words of encouragement to me.

It looked like Osborne said something like "it's ok guys".

I am sure Coach Osborne could tell Cosgrove was emotional and did NOT want them to stop on the field.

Here is a photo of Cosgrove walking off the field:

midsize_photo472d07ea28ce3377509005.jpg

Kevin Cosgrove and his family have been verbally assaulted by Husker "fans" when out as a family.

Cosgrove's son has been taunted while he plays high school football in Lincoln.

People are putting For Sale signs in the Cosgrove Family's yard almost every night.

He is a beaten man that wanted to win and he has failed.

I am sure Coach Osborne could see he was emotional. And, to be fair, we can not see if Callahan verbally responds to TO or not.

Also, Associate AD Randy York was in the background and says something also and looks sick and sad.

well then cosgrove needs to end his own "suffering" and resign and move his family the heck outta here because regardless wether he's a good person,father,husband,coach or whatever he has failed MISERABLY here and sometimes you just have to admit and accept defeat, same goes for Callahan. Callahan however I wouldnt mind stickin around- as an offensive coordinator that is, as a coach he stinks, but I still do think his system might could work with a lil more time and a true, dominating blackshirt defense. But i know that would never happen because who in the right mind would want to take a demotion on the same team? but i do believe he'll go somewhere else and be an OC and probably do pretty well. As for when the firings and/or resignations should take place I say NOW, fire Callahan and let Shawn Watson take over interim to give him a chance to interview for the job basically and who knows maybe Watson would then go ahead and fire Cosgrove immediately since BC seems to have some kind of uncanny love for the guy thats responsible for the most embarrassing group of "blackshirts" (more like pinkshirts) that we have ever seen in our great history!

cripes. it looks like someone just told him his a family member, best friend and dog all died in the same accident.

midsize_photo472d07ea28ce3377509005.jpg

i take absolutely no pleasure in the fact that this man is broken. sweet lord almighty, if i could go back in time and tell him to take that NFL job from two years back i would do that right now and bring this picture with me as proof.

coz is gone and i'm not just saying in the professional sense. it looks like he's emotionally and physically drained.

so he refused to talk to osborne? looking at this picture, i'm thinking it took at least 15 minutes to gather up what is left of his self-esteem to talk to *anyone*.

how anyone that calls themselves a husker fan could actually lower themselves to kick this man when it obviously clear he's been wrecked enough is beyond me.

and if you do feel the need to get personal with the guy, for god's sake please find another team that fits your personality. like colorado.

cripes. it looks like someone just told him his a family member, best friend and dog all died in the same accident.

post-340-1194262496.jpg

i take absolutely no pleasure in the fact that this man is broken. sweet lord almighty, if i could go back in time and tell him to take that NFL job from two years back i would do that right now and bring this picture with me as proof.

coz is gone and i'm not just saying in the professional sense. it looks like he's emotionally and physically drained.

so he refused to talk to osborne? looking at this picture, i'm thinking it took at least 15 minutes to gather up what is left of his self-esteem to talk to *anyone*.

how anyone that calls themselves a husker fan could actually lower themselves to kick this man when it obviously clear he's been wrecked enough is beyond me.

and if you do feel the need to get personal with the guy, for god's sake please find another team that fits your personality. like colorado.

WOW! Is it me or does it looke like Coz has aged about 20 years in the past month???!!!!! Man he looks bad, and I mean physically.

Channel 3 showed film of the team coming out of the tunnel at KU. BC came out first, and the team didnt follow tight behind him. BC even stopped, and turned around with a look of "hey, you coming?" back at the team. Talk about having lost the team, he didnt have leaving the tunnel.

I saw that too and thought it was very odd. There was no running out of the tunnel with energy and fire. Callahan sort of acted like he would rather be anywhere else and the team wasn't sure if they should follow or not.

Again, I am new to this board, so I don't want this to be taken as flaming because it is not.

:boxosoap Many here, talk alot about Nebraska values and so forth, but in the same sentence will say some very cruel things about BC and KC. Granted, I want a house cleaning as far as the coaching staff is concerned. They had their shot and it didn't work. If any of these things that have been done to KC and his family are true, those envolved can leave the state as well. PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH!

I now live in Michigan and it is very embarrasing to see the way football fans act around here. Talk about an arrogant bunch. I miss growing up in Nebraska and was so proud of our fans at every game and the way we treated the other teams and their fans. It sounds like it is just talk now with no substance if this stuff is going on. :rant

As far as the Video clip is concerned Husker Runner has a very valid point. Granted I haven't seen it and can't, but the news media is very good at making you see what they want you to see.

This coaching staff is gone at the end of the season, everyone across the country can see that. If we really do still have values in Nebraska lets show it in the way we send them off. :)

i truly feel for KC and a little bit for Callahan too. my dad was a coach for over 25 years and had some pretty bad times (although not THIS bad)....i do not wish ill will towards anyone and especially towards ones' kids, that's just plain wrong if their kids are dragged into it.

but it makes me not feel one bit different about the way these two have created this dark cloud around OUR program. seriously, they created a business-like atmosphere and should treat it now, as such...after the 3 or 4th game of terrible play, Callahan should have had Coz resign or Coz should have done something before it came to this...seriously, this is not PERSONAL but it is BUSINESS (of their own creating). these two have beat their heads against a wall all year (for 2 years actually) and could have avoided this fate.

walking past Osborne whether is was a 'snub' or not is plain bullsh#t. If they would have slowed down and allowed Tom to walk with them, it could have been supportive and humble. instead it looked prideful and pissed. time for them to go.

the way Osborne kind of took a few steps in Callahan's direction after he sped past, made it obvious that he was trying to engage. Tom probably would have put his arm around him and walked in with Bill to show support and that the world isn't ending. instead Bill looked like a kid taking his ball and going home.