Classy Nebraska fans??

I just got done watching the video of Coz walking off the field. The man looks visibly shaken and broken. Can you blame him? People making remarks to him in public, people putting for sale signs up in his yard, people taunting his kid during HS football games.

I have admittedly lost respect for some of you so called Husker Fans. Its one thing to bash him on the internet or in the papers, as the media does it to everyone, but at least show the guy some respect. Put yourself in his shoes. Its not like he tries to lose, he's doing the best he can. I agree hes not doing much(if anything) for the Huskers, but give him a break. You honestly think he likes owning all these records as the DC at NU? I highly doubt it.

We all know he's gone soon enough, so at least let the guy live in peace until he's gone! I dont like what he has turned the blackshirts into, but No way would I ever do any of the things people are doing to him. The guy is probably a good guy off the field, so just let him be, leave his family alone.

The things listed above are far from classy. I realize it only represents a few people, but come on people, lighten up.

As for him "snubbing" Dr Tom....Ever screwed up at your job majorly, and had the boss come by? I bet most of you did your best to avoid him, just like he did. We all have did that at some point in time.

I by no means think Coz should stay, I think he should go immediately, but for the love of God, Leave him alone!!!!!!!! Show some class.

I agree with you as far as treating the guy with respect away from the field of play. There is no reason in the world to taunt his family or deface his property. I know people are upset with his performance as DC and I am one of them. I didn't like the hire from the get go but that is water under the bridge at this point.

Have some class people, there is nothing we can do about the past except move on and how we deal with it is what will be remembered the most.

Being the classiest fans in the country is easy when were winning, lets show them we can be just as classy when we are down. I didn't say we had to like it or not voice our opinions but lets have some common sense as to when, where and how we do it.

GBR

I just got done watching the video of Coz walking off the field. The man looks visibly shaken and broken. Can you blame him? People making remarks to him in public, people putting for sale signs up in his yard, people taunting his kid during HS football games.

I have admittedly lost respect for some of you so called Husker Fans. Its one thing to bash him on the internet or in the papers, as the media does it to everyone, but at least show the guy some respect. Put yourself in his shoes. Its not like he tries to lose, he's doing the best he can. I agree hes not doing much(if anything) for the Huskers, but give him a break. You honestly think he likes owning all these records as the DC at NU? I highly doubt it.

We all know he's gone soon enough, so at least let the guy live in peace until he's gone! I dont like what he has turned the blackshirts into, but No way would I ever do any of the things people are doing to him. The guy is probably a good guy off the field, so just let him be, leave his family alone.

The things listed above are far from classy. I realize it only represents a few people, but come on people, lighten up.

As for him "snubbing" Dr Tom....Ever screwed up at your job majorly, and had the boss come by? I bet most of you did your best to avoid him, just like he did. We all have did that at some point in time.

I by no means think Coz should stay, I think he should go immediately, but for the love of God, Leave him alone!!!!!!!! Show some class.

I will pay David Copperfield good money to make that S##T head Cosgrove disappear... :madash

I also want to agree with the initial post on here. The world is a cruel place. Especially when it comes to high performance based jobs such as coaching and others in the corporate and business world. I know that almost everyone of you out there has failed at a job, or task before. It is a shame Cosgrove and Callahan have not put the pieces together and this isn't the job here for them. But treat them with some respect still as a person. I can't imagine how all of you would feel if you couldn't even go out in public anymore because of getting blasted and humiliated. Your kids have to listen to the crap all day long at school. What a terrible way for someone to be treated just because they came up short in their efforts and failed at a job. We all fail every single day....the difference is that most of our lives are not in the public eye for everyone to see and comment on.

I know that almost everyone of you out there has failed at a job, or task before.

yes, but never in front of 50,000 and millions of television views. that's a special kind of torture i wish on no-one, not even huskernation's worst enemy.

Very good, "voice of reason" type of post.

You'll get trashed in here for it, but good for you to post those thoughts anyway. :clap

I agree with you to show some respect to his family, but this is the name of the game in Major College Football.

I dont agree with the fact that when he came in here, he dismissed all of the coaches like they were trash and new nothing or couldn't contribute to his philosophy of change. IMO you do not take over 20 years of experience and dismiss them without first testing them to see if they are willing to accept the changes he wanted to implement. And look where we stand now, our offensive line, our defense, and special teams have no enthusiasm, no passion, and no self-respect for the very essense of Husker Football. That is a coaches job and even he gives good lip service to the fans about what he will continue to do until they show him the door, he has failed to keep the faith alive in his players in the last few games.

The first two plays of Saturdays game, the defense made two very good stops, but there was no hype, emotion, or celebration for what they had just accomplished. The wind is out of the sails and they are drifting to nowhere presently and that is a direct result of the coaches not caring anymore than the players because of the inevitability of this man's departure after the Colorado game.

So, he isn't even a man of his word to keep the fight in his players alive for the rest of the season, he has given up also, proven so with his snub of the finest man ever to coach College Football DR. TOM.

I still agree with you about the lack respect some people do not give a man to his personal property or his family, but the ridicule he receives is justly deserved. Even in the military when you dont have a good boss, you still respect the position he holds and if your integrity is as high as he says his is, then you give praise to someone who has been there and done that.

I agree that people shouldn't be vandalizing his house or car, but there is a huge double standard at work here.

Coach Cosgrove makes more money than 90% of Nebraska fans doing what any of us would do in a heartbeat if we had the knowledge and the talent to do it. The downside to his position is that if he performs poorly, he is not above being criticized just because you feel that a very small minority of fans has taken it too far. If he wants a job where he can do his job this poorly and not be criticized, he should consider Congress, because aside from that there isn't a job on the planet where you can do a job worse than anyone in the history of the position before you, and not be criticized.

As far as putting myself in his shoes, I would hope that if I did my job as poorly as he has, that I would not be given a free pass from criticism as you have suggested. Criticism is what makes us better at whatever we do, and hopefully Coach Cosgrove can take this experience and become a better Coach.

I agree with you as far as treating the guy with respect away from the field of play. There is no reason in the world to taunt his family or deface his property. I know people are upset with his performance as DC and I am one of them. I didn't like the hire from the get go but that is water under the bridge at this point.

Have some class people, there is nothing we can do about the past except move on and how we deal with it is what will be remembered the most.

Being the classiest fans in the country is easy when were winning, lets show them we can be just as classy when we are down. I didn't say we had to like it or not voice our opinions but lets have some common sense as to when, where and how we do it.

GBR

And I also agree. There is no reason to involve his family, especially his kids! They didn't do anything. I'm sure they live on pins and needles every day.

WE ARE NEBRASKA.....we're better than that! We're not used to all of this and it IS hard to deal with, but my Dad always used to say, "There's better days ahead".

GBR

And I also agree. There is no reason to involve his family, especially his kids! They didn't do anything. I'm sure they live on pins and needles every day.

WE ARE NEBRASKA.....we're better than that! We're not used to all of this and it IS hard to deal with, but my Dad always used to say, "There's better days ahead".

You're damn right!!! And I will be the first to stand up and say, "Happy Days are here again"!!!!

Critisism is one thing if it is constructive. If any of this stuff is going on, it is rude and vandalism. The two are not even close to the same. Makes me think more things have gone wrong in the state I love than just football.

KC is still a man with a family, leave them alone and show same class. After these last several weeks of beatdowns, if I were him, I would be dejected enouph without any help from others.

i agree really, i do. especially the family and property...that really is bullsh#t.

but to get respect you must give it or earn it first...the DCoordinator at Texas Tech resigned earlier this year and basically said that he owes it to the

1. players

2. university

3. fans

4. and fellow coaches

that they deserve a shot to at least be a little f'ing competitive. not only are we not a little competitive we lay down flat.

Coz or Callahan surely would have earned our respect if they would have made a move to change...they did not, and that leaves thousands of Husker fans feeling like they don't care about what happens after they're gone or about the players who will still be here or the school which has such a proud tradition or even each other when they can't cut the chord that tethers them together...so instead, it will keep them bound as the ship goes down.

i agree really, i do. especially the family and property...that really is bullsh#t.

but to get respect you must give it or earn it first...the DCoordinator at Texas Tech resigned earlier this year and basically said that he owes it to the

1. players

2. university

3. fans

4. and fellow coaches

that they deserve a shot to at least be a little f'ing competitive. not only are we not a little competitive we lay down flat.

Coz or Callahan surely would have earned our respect if they would have made a move to change...they did not, and that leaves thousands of Husker fans feeling like they don't care about what happens after they're gone or about the players who will still be here or the school which has such a proud tradition or even each other when they can't cut the chord that tethers them together...so instead, it will keep them bound as the ship goes down.

I don't mean this to be a flame, but yesterday there was a big discussion about fanbases and negative experiences some have had at opposing venues, namely Boulder. I think hearing stories like this about how Cosgrove's family has been treated is what makes some other fans so mad when they hear Nebraskan's say they are the classiest fans and then maken generalized statements about how bad the fans of other teams are based off of a few bad apples. All of our fan bases have good and bad fans. I think it is probably important to not judge any fan base by its worst or best members. Like most things, the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.

why did you highlight my post???

as a missouri fan, you've never had a 'football self-esteem'...now that ours is being kicked around by the likes of KU and Mizzou and anyone else who we play i can be as pissed as i want!!

i REALLY don't condone the actions against a man's family or his stuff. hell, i have a house and two kids, so i understand that should be off limits. but it doesn't mean i don't have 'class' because a coach won't get fired or resign when he obviously isn't doing the job he was hired to do.

seeing that pic of Coz walking off the field, man, i really feel his pain...because my team got waxed, not because i think he's a good coach going through a tough time. these guys have led us astray and should have had the decency to get out of here before it got too ugly.

i'm not personally attacking him or wish any ill will on his family, at ALL. i'm just saying he should have been let go a long time ago and not make us suffer through this collapse.

why did you highlight my post???

as a missouri fan, you've never had a 'football self-esteem'...now that ours is being kicked around by the likes of KU and Mizzou and anyone else who we play i can be as pissed as i want!!

i REALLY don't condone the actions against a man's family or his stuff. hell, i have a house and two kids, so i understand that should be off limits. but it doesn't mean i don't have 'class' because a coach won't get fired or resign when he obviously isn't doing the job he was hired to do.

seeing that pic of Coz walking off the field, man, i really feel his pain...because my team got waxed, not because i think he's a good coach going through a tough time. these guys have led us astray and should have had the decency to get out of here before it got too ugly.

i'm not personally attacking him or wish any ill will on his family, at ALL. i'm just saying he should have been let go a long time ago and not make us suffer through this collapse.

I was highlighting your post because I agree with what you said at the top about Cosgrove's family, and I was not trying to insinuate that you specifically are not classy. My point is really that Nebraska fans overall like to say they are classier than any other fans. Often times the reasoning given is examples from things that a small minority of opposing fans at away games. What is happening to Cosgrove's family shows that there is a negative minority of Nebraska fans too. Overall I am just saying that Nebraska fans are no more or less classy than any other fan base. I think it is important not to judge anyone by the minority of fans who do things like have been discussed against coaches families or to visiting fans.