Classy Nebraska fans??

OK. thanks for clarrifying.

Here's the thing though...i'm really glad we have considerate, knowledgeable, nice, classy, hard-working, classy, good, fun, classy fans. i'm one of them.

Not the Victory but the Action...

i truly subscribe to this. but one thing that makes us 'classy' fans is that knowing no matter the outcome, our boys have come to fight. we lost to OU and miami etc...for years. and i personally dealt with it because i thought we at least had a chance and that we would put up a fight.

now, our team is giving up points, yards, passion...you name it, we've given it up. i know Coz is hurting for the kids and stuff but some of the pain would go away if he would, at least for me.

if i have a shard of glass in my foot because my shoe didn't protect me better; no matter how much i liked those shoes, i would take them off--pull out the glass--and get rid of the shoes!!

OK. thanks for clarrifying.

Here's the thing though...i'm really glad we have considerate, knowledgeable, nice, classy, hard-working, classy, good, fun, classy fans. i'm one of them.

Not the Victory but the Action...

i truly subscribe to this. but one thing that makes us 'classy' fans is that knowing no matter the outcome, our boys have come to fight. we lost to OU and miami etc...for years. and i personally dealt with it because i thought we at least had a chance and that we would put up a fight.

now, our team is giving up points, yards, passion...you name it, we've given it up. i know Coz is hurting for the kids and stuff but some of the pain would go away if he would, at least for me.

if i have a shard of glass in my foot because my shoe didn't protect me better; no matter how much i liked those shoes, i would take them off--pull out the glass--and get rid of the shoes!!

Oh, I completely agree that Cosgrove should be gone. In fact, I think he should probably man up and resign. Saying that on a message board and putting a for sale sign in his yard however, are two different things. I hope you get that piece of glass out of your foot, and I hope you get some new shoes soon!

I just got done watching the video of Coz walking off the field. The man looks visibly shaken and broken. Can you blame him? People making remarks to him in public, people putting for sale signs up in his yard, people taunting his kid during HS football games.

I have admittedly lost respect for some of you so called Husker Fans. Its one thing to bash him on the internet or in the papers, as the media does it to everyone, but at least show the guy some respect. Put yourself in his shoes. Its not like he tries to lose, he's doing the best he can. I agree hes not doing much(if anything) for the Huskers, but give him a break. You honestly think he likes owning all these records as the DC at NU? I highly doubt it.

We all know he's gone soon enough, so at least let the guy live in peace until he's gone! I dont like what he has turned the blackshirts into, but No way would I ever do any of the things people are doing to him. The guy is probably a good guy off the field, so just let him be, leave his family alone.

The things listed above are far from classy. I realize it only represents a few people, but come on people, lighten up.

As for him "snubbing" Dr Tom....Ever screwed up at your job majorly, and had the boss come by? I bet most of you did your best to avoid him, just like he did. We all have did that at some point in time.

I by no means think Coz should stay, I think he should go immediately, but for the love of God, Leave him alone!!!!!!!! Show some class.

I will pay David Copperfield good money to make that S##T head Cosgrove disappear... :madash

And you sir are probably one of the dumb@$$es doing stuff like this. Sure the guy sucks as a DC. Sure the guy deserves a few cat calls during the game. Sure he even deserves some ripping in the media. When you cross that line and start yelling at his kids and defacing his personal property, your stupid @$$ should be thrown in jail. Get a life.

I just got done watching the video of Coz walking off the field. The man looks visibly shaken and broken. Can you blame him? People making remarks to him in public, people putting for sale signs up in his yard, people taunting his kid during HS football games.

I have admittedly lost respect for some of you so called Husker Fans. Its one thing to bash him on the internet or in the papers, as the media does it to everyone, but at least show the guy some respect. Put yourself in his shoes. Its not like he tries to lose, he's doing the best he can. I agree hes not doing much(if anything) for the Huskers, but give him a break. You honestly think he likes owning all these records as the DC at NU? I highly doubt it.

We all know he's gone soon enough, so at least let the guy live in peace until he's gone! I dont like what he has turned the blackshirts into, but No way would I ever do any of the things people are doing to him. The guy is probably a good guy off the field, so just let him be, leave his family alone.

The things listed above are far from classy. I realize it only represents a few people, but come on people, lighten up.

As for him "snubbing" Dr Tom....Ever screwed up at your job majorly, and had the boss come by? I bet most of you did your best to avoid him, just like he did. We all have did that at some point in time.

I by no means think Coz should stay, I think he should go immediately, but for the love of God, Leave him alone!!!!!!!! Show some class.

While I am counting the minutes until the current coaching staff is fired, I do not for a minute condone this type of behavior. I feel bad for Coz and for his family, but please know this... the idiots who do this kind of thing are not true Husker fans. They're like the drunks who start fires and destroy property after a championship. Every program has them, but they do not speak for the masses. Most Husker fans can't stand hearing about this type of thing and want these people to go away.

These types of "Play Nice" posts are funny. They sound like some old lady on a porch scolding all the kids in the neighborhood because of one bad kid. Thanks, Grandma.

I'm a nice guy and would gladly help Cosgrove load up his moving van.

If my job performance was anything close to Cosgrove's I would have been fired months ago.

The guy is lucky that he is still here. He shouldn't be. In the real world he wouldn't be.

To make it worse the Huskers paid him around $20,000 for the KU game.

Here’s why we have been dubbed – by OTHER fans, the media, etc. – some of the greatest fans in the country:

Memorial Stadium is a safe place for friend and “foe” alike. No matter the opponent, you’re safe in our stadium. Your cars will not be molested while you’re at the game. You will not be assaulted on our streets. You are far more likely to be given a beer than given the finger while walking through our tailgate sections. When you come to dinner at a local restaurant after the game, you are welcomed, you are seated when it’s your turn to be seated, and you will not have to worry about “extras” in your food. Your beer will be cold, your food hot, and neither will differ in any way from the food given to the Husker fans at the table next door.

Your team will likewise receive the same treatment. Whether it’s Middle Tennessee State or Oklahoma, we treat you with respect when you’re here. I work a block from the hotel where most visiting teams stay, and several Fridays per year I’ll see players walking around downtown. They are safe here. They are far more likely to suffer severe cases of boredom than to ever hear a denigrating word in their direction. When they get off the bus on their way to the locker room, there’s likely to be a little bit of good-natured booing, but that’s usually drowned out by polite clapping. They’ll get another smattering of polite applause when they come out for warmups, and throughout the game they’ll usually hear no worse than a few loud boos, and a LOT of “HUSKER!! POWER!!” It is our wish that they leave the stadium with ringing ears, preferably to cheers for our Huskers’ good play. At the end of the game, whether we win or lose, blow them out or get blown out, that team will walk off the field to a standing ovation. It happened to USC, it happened to Ball State, it happened to Iowa State and Oklahoma State. This Saturday Kansas State will leave to the same ovation. That’s who we are. That’s what we do.

There is no place in America that treats its opponents with such class. Truly, there is no place like Nebraska.

Now, are there idiots out there, guys wearing Husker Red, who say stupid things to opponents, our players and our coaches? Absolutely. To expect EVERY SINGLE PERSON wearing Husker Red to be “the greatest fan ever” is ridiculous. There are bad guys everywhere. Lincoln is no exception.

What makes us different is that those fools are not just in the minority, they’re damned near nonexistent. For every inevitable guy like that you can show me, I can show you 1,000 Husker Fans who know good sportsmanship and who exhibit it each and every day.

That is what sets us apart from the crowd. That is what makes us the Greatest College Football Fans in America. You can go across this country on Saturdays in Fall and find places with fans who are just as passionate, just ask knowledgeable, just as friendly as those here in Lincoln, Nebraska.

But you will not find anyone, anywhere who outclasses us.

While I am counting the minutes until the current coaching staff is fired, I do not for a minute condone this type of behavior. I feel bad for Coz and for his family, but please know this... the idiots who do this kind of thing are not true Husker fans. They're like the drunks who start fires and destroy property after a championship. Every program has them, but they do not speak for the masses. Most Husker fans can't stand hearing about this type of thing and want these people to go away.

:yeah

GBR!!!

People have serious issues if your messing with his family and house...take the above advice

Yes his family should not shoulder his inept football coaching. As far as him outside of football? Maybe he shouldn't be holding out to take as much money as he and the staff can steal from the university. I don't believe they earned it. They are making things so bad (and some say it could be done on willinglyu) that we will all be ok with firing them and giving them all the money they want and be ok with it. That is a dam shame as well. I think the staff from HC down need to learn a little humility and what respect is.

That being said:

I think we should show them some respect as well. You have to earn it. Respect should never be given out for no reason. Leave him and his family alone. There is nothing anyone can do to these people they haven't already done to themselves. Can any of us really understand what it must be like to walk in their shoes? I hope I never have to.

Now poeple wonder why TO is not canning them NOW. Well TO has earned respect from most if not all the people that have been around him. Integrity, honesty and humility are great traits to have. TO will do his job the way it should be done by a respectfull person in his position.

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

Signs in yards and taunting family members are evidence that some in Husker Nation are not as mature as they should be. Losses hurt all of us. Mostly they hurt the young men playing the game and the men entrusted with coaching them. Pederson made an error in judgement when he hired BC. BC has made several errors when hiring his coaching staff. Never buying into the Nebraska Tradition was the most grevious error of all. For 30 years we had the most stable and productive college football program in the nation. Right now times are tough and the manner in which we choose to conduct ourselves now and throughout the rest of this season and maybe the next couple of seasons will be the test that will show if we really are the nation's "Classiest Fans."

Like a Phoenix Big Red will rise from the disappointments of this year and will again be the power we once were.

GBR!!!!!

...T_O_B

:cheers:bonez:bonez:cheers

:restore