Jason Peter says

I'm a big believer in the general statement "every battle is won before it's even fought." Nebraska won games in January when they pumped iron like monsters in the dead of winter and din't let up until after the bowl game...at which time they started all over again. This team is run like a pro team. Only there's one small problem. They're not professionals.

You've seen the results.

X

Jason confirmed my suspicions. I have to believe that BC has an NFL mind-set and really believes that the NFL practices are superior to college and by-golly he is going to stay with them.

Of course the NFL players come into the league with a skill-set that was developed in college. When you use the NFL practices in college you are ASSUMING that the incoming high school players have the skill-set to succeed. Assume = ASS out of U and ME.

:bonez Jason Peter says the practise isn't hard enough, not enough hitting and contact, no TEAM chemistry and NO playing as a team. I think he has identified the problems why can't Coz?

Because knowing what a problem is and finding the solution are two different things. Besides, at this point you could make the practive full pad for 6 hours a day every day between now and the end of the season and it won't make a difference because psychologically they have lost before the even get to the stadium. They have given up, quit, packed it in, hit the road, caught the plain to somewhere else. Coz can not do anything about it. The team has lost confidence in him. Right or wrong he could magically become the greatest defensive mind in football and it would not matter because nobody on the team buys into anything he is saying. You can blame him for the fall but right now the players need to own up to their attitude, and mental toughness. The greates motivator in the world can not motivate someone who truly does not want to be motivated and these players truly do not want to be motivated by this man or his staff at this time. He's finished.

i also thought that todays show was awesome.. well what i heard of it for that matter.. i had to go to work.. i thought that peter's rant from about 340-345 was great.. talking about how pathetic everything is going about position changes that need to be made n etc.. i guess he is always criticizing it but i just love listening to him talk about our current defense

i also thought that todays show was awesome.. well what i heard of it for that matter.. i had to go to work.. i thought that peter's rant from about 340-345 was great.. talking about how pathetic everything is going about position changes that need to be made n etc.. i guess he is always criticizing it but i just love listening to him talk about our current defense

while i'm sure he can be entertaining, I try to take the ex-players who are joining in on the piling on with a grain of salt -- if it is so easy, why aren't more of them in coaching college football instead of broadcasting?

He did some high-school coaching, but I guess it's easier to move on to media and use that platform to turn up the heat, build some website traffic and garner some ratings instead of answering questions from fans and media after a tough loss.