Jason Peter says

Rob Zatechka is always on the Travis Justice tv show sunday night showing how bad the coaching is on both the defense and offense replays. To bad they don't have a longer show so he could show more then the 3 clips that he usually has.

It's getting to the point where as a fan I'm looking forward more to the Columns and tv media bashing the coaching then I am towards watching the game. :hmmph

I would take anything Zatechka says over Jason P any day because A) he's a lot more intelligent (I believe he's a surgeon now?) and B) he didn't have the off field problems JP did.

Yet JP and Dr Z are saying the same things. As well as Joel Makovicka and Matt Hoskinson on their Thursday night shows on 1620 at the Ice House. Damon Benning also reiterates the same things when he breaks down the games.

Because Coz wasn't at Nebraska practices in the 80s and 90s. Peter said that even many NFL teams only run about 10-15 plays in practice and that he was shocked that the Panthers didn't practice harder when he went to Carolina.

In the NFL guys are older and you have smaller rosters. In college guys are younger and can recover much faster

Because Coz wasn't at Nebraska practices in the 80s and 90s. Peter said that even many NFL teams only run about 10-15 plays in practice and that he was shocked that the Panthers didn't practice harder when he went to Carolina.

In the NFL guys are older and you have smaller rosters. In college guys are younger and can recover much faster

Plus you're talking about a 17+ week schedule vs. a 12 week schedule

Plus you're talking about a 17+ week schedule vs. a 12 week schedule

The NFL.. those dudes are million dollar investments. You cant afford someone to get beat up & injured during practice & misses a game.

i also thought that todays show was awesome.. well what i heard of it for that matter.. i had to go to work.. i thought that peter's rant from about 340-345 was great.. talking about how pathetic everything is going about position changes that need to be made n etc.. i guess he is always criticizing it but i just love listening to him talk about our current defense

while i'm sure he can be entertaining, I try to take the ex-players who are joining in on the piling on with a grain of salt -- if it is so easy, why aren't more of them in coaching college football instead of broadcasting?

He did some high-school coaching, but I guess it's easier to move on to media and use that platform to turn up the heat, build some website traffic and garner some ratings instead of answering questions from fans and media after a tough loss.

yes.. possibly the case...

but please point out these tough losses?

ive seen Texas.. thats about it.... everything else has just been absolutely pathetic from the get go...

not too tough of a loss when you get beat by more than 2 scores...

My bad -- hypothetical tough losses in imaginary seasons?

It's just a lot easier to be talking head spinmeister that can rarely be wrong than a coach who is judged and harshly so based on W's.

Radio guy = weatherman: accuracy not a variable for career aspirations.