We are the laughing stock of college football

I think it is very important that TO handles this entire situation with the upmost respect and thoughtfull manner. I for one have no issue with him waiting for the end of the year. He is showing integrity and honor. If by chance Callahan pushes things too far and it has to happen then fine but I can not hold any thing against TO for the way he is handling this. Kudo's to him. We will be back and be back the Nebraska way. The college football world knows it. Let them talk, they did when he was a coach and they will now. I will keep the faith.

GBR

I disagree. From what I'm reading more people feel pitty for us than are laughing.........pitty is worse.

Yeah - those people who really know the ins and outs of college football pity us... and that's not a good thing.

Take it from an objective observer. There is neither laughter or pity. It's more amazement and shock. It's like a head-on train wreck. Oh... you may find some snide snickering from the young and stupid, but most observers are just shocked.

I disagree. From what I'm reading more people feel pitty for us than are laughing.........pitty is worse.

Yeah - those people who really know the ins and outs of college football pity us... and that's not a good thing.

Take it from an objective observer. There is neither laughter or pity. It's more amazement and shock. It's like a head-on train wreck. Oh... you may find some snide snickering from the young and stupid, but most observers are just shocked.

I agree with MUTigerFan......it's more shock than pity. Nebraska was so powerful for so long and now they are on the wrong end of a "70s hanging" and the shock is evident. When they announced the Husker score at halftime of the Arkansas/South Carolina game there was not a cheer but a collective gasp. You guys hang in tough.....things will cycle and then it's back to pencilling in Kansas, Iowa State, Missouri, etc.

I live in Grand Rapids, Mi. and unfortunelty most of the sports fans here are loving seeing us hit rock bottom. The Michigan St. fans are loving it because we have beet them three times in a row through the ninties and the most recent meeting in the Alamo Bowl. Wolverine fans a just elated, they still can't believe we beat them two years ago and will never shut up about how they would have just killed us if we had met for the Title game in 97 ( of course we all now they wouldn't have been able to score ten points on us back then, it would have been uglier than what we did to Tennessee).

Every Monday I have a Conference call at work, and me and the huskers are the butt of every joke during the hole thing (it is really starting to piss me off). I realize that these fans around here just have no class at all. Man is Michigan over rated, I can't wait till they play Ohio St.

I live in Grand Rapids, Mi. and unfortunelty most of the sports fans here are loving seeing us hit rock bottom. The Michigan St. fans are loving it because we have beet them three times in a row through the ninties and the most recent meeting in the Alamo Bowl. Wolverine fans a just elated, they still can't believe we beat them two years ago and will never shut up about how they would have just killed us if we had met for the Title game in 97 ( of course we all now they wouldn't have been able to score ten points on us back then, it would have been uglier than what we did to Tennessee).

Every Monday I have a Conference call at work, and me and the huskers are the butt of every joke during the hole thing (it is really starting to piss me off). I realize that these fans around here just have no class at all. Man is Michigan over rated, I can't wait till they play Ohio St.

:yeah

im in kalamazoo, and i feel EVERY bit of your pain.

:yeah

im in kalamazoo, and i feel EVERY bit of your pain.

You know what though, I never had so much fun as when we beat both of these teams in the recent Bowl games. These people around hear were just dumb founded by the fact that they got their collective asses handed to them by Nebraska. I was at a sports bar for the St game and never had so many dirty looks in my life. I loved every minute of it. :woo

Take comfort in the fact that when Nebraska loses its news. Most of your detractors are on the flip side of that situation. When they win its news

The same go for us. When we win nobody around me says anything. But when we lose, then I hear it.

Its really a backhand complement of your great tradition and expectations. Look at Notre Dame, they have been down and up, now they are down. Yet they have a great tradition, and when they lose everyone takes notice. Don't you feel good when Notre Dame loses? I do. But I respect them and worry how good are they going to be next year. I can't say that about other programs. Its the same with all the great programs including yours.

Your days in the sun are not over. Your future looks bright, its just time to change the light bulb. I can't wait to see how you guys come out of this. Believe me, when it happens you will be more proud to be a Husker than ever before having gone through this.

Remember, true champions show their character in defeat as well as victory. I believe the Husker nation is showing that character now.

No one is laughing in my house.

Thanks for your opinion. I live in Indiana and would agree that people have the same reaction. I totally agree!!! It hurts! :nutz

Thanks,

red_38

Thanks for your opinion. I live in Indiana and would agree that people have the same reaction. I totally agree!!! It hurts! :nutz

Thanks,

red_38

Texas fan in Austin here. The story has been big news here, but there is no laughing. Texas fans, as a whole, have too much respect for your program. Our radio and internet boards are filled with anger at Callabad and Pederphile. We have a "how dare they?" attitude. We hate the pro coach coming to tell a college team how to change, without having any apparent appreciation of the college traditions. In our view, the real villain in Pederson. He should have kown better. Callahan had been fired, for Christ's sake. Anyway, didn't mean to digress. We hate coaches like Callahan and Scamchione who ruin programs, get big buyouts and move on to the next disaster. We have great pride in playing and beating you of late. That should tell you everything you need to know about our view of you. If this is a feat we are so proud of, that means you have our respect. We understand what Nebraska has created from nothing, and we know you will be back. Long live Nebraska and College Football!!!!!!

Huge Texas fan who respects the Nebraska tradition

P.S. How is it that Callahan still has a job? GET HIM OUT OF THERE AND SAVE YOUR RECRUITS!