Why the love for Bo?

Here's the deal, I live in South Alabama, so SEC football is rammed down my throat 24/7. You all have no idea how much I have to carry the Colorado and Big 12 banner here. I should receive a commission check. Now here is my question, LSU gives up a crapload of points to Kentucky, KENTUCKY PEOPLE, and this was in football, not basketball, and just this past weekend, they give up another craploaf of points to ALABAMA, when have you seen an Alabama team score more then 30 other then their typical patsy they play for homecoming, like Western Carolina? My point is this, why have you settled on a defensive coordinator who really hasn't done a whole lot of defending this season with a defense in terms of talent that could put some NFL teams to shame? Before the season they down here they were comparing that defense to the '93 Alabama team that many think was the finest college defense ever assembled.

Here's the deal, I live in South Alabama, so SEC football is rammed down my throat 24/7. You all have no idea how much I have to carry the Colorado and Big 12 banner here. I should receive a commission check. Now here is my question, LSU gives up a crapload of points to Kentucky, KENTUCKY PEOPLE, and this was in football, not basketball, and just this past weekend, they give up another craploaf of points to ALABAMA, when have you seen an Alabama team score more then 30 other then their typical patsy they play for homecoming, like Western Carolina? My point is this, why have you settled on a defensive coordinator who really hasn't done a whole lot of defending this season with a defense in terms of talent that could put some NFL teams to shame? Before the season they down here they were comparing that defense to the '93 Alabama team that many think was the finest college defense ever assembled.

He's like the 2nd-team quarterback. The most popular guy on any team is the 2nd-team quarterback. Don't you think?

The more I think about it, the more I think that Turner Gill might be a good HC . . . if he is accompanied by a great staff.

I think most of us, myself included, are basing our love for Pelini on what he did when he was here last time. He did fire up the players and to hear those players talk, they would have knocked down walls for him. We haven't had that passion and energy since and we're missing it. Anyway maybe Pelini is a safer choice than some of these other guys. He's been here and we know at least a little about him.

He's like the 2nd-team quarterback. The most popular guy on any team is the 2nd-team quarterback. Don't you think?

The more I think about it, the more I think that Turner Gill might be a good HC . . . if he is accompanied by a great staff.

I agree with both points. cally is like the best friend every girl wants.... when you are compared to him you always look good! anyway... I think the main thing is bo did do a pretty good job with the D the one year he was here.

Bo Pelini's terrible defense at LSU:

Rush Defense:

4th in the nation

Pass Defense:

6th in the nation

Total Defense:

2nd in the nation

Scoring Defense:

10th in the nation

And all this with the fact that LSU's opponents have been given many short yardage situations to work with and put up points.

Kevin Cosgrove's terrible defense at NU:

Rush Defense:

118th in the nation

Pass Defense:

74th in the nation

Total Defense:

112th in the nation

Scoring Defense:

106th in the nation

Yeah I can see why we'd think Bo Pelini is not a good defensive coordinator. Not to mention he's been to Nebraska, he'd embrace the Blackshirt Tradition, and light a fire under these guys to perform well.

Now all this being said I would still like to see Turner Gill come here before Pelini :P

Also the fact that he has those guys rallying around each other and motivated. That D has tons of heart.

You are looking way too much into the points allowed. Especially in the last game

First TD: huge bomb to DJ Hall (will give you this one)

Second TD: 59 INT return + 7 yard personal foul - Ball on LSU 29

Third TD: Personal foul penalty moves ball to LSU 15 yard line.

Fourth TD: Punt return

Penalties and turnovers hurt them this game.

Every team they have played in 9 games but 2 rank in the top 30. 6 of the 9 rank in the top 25. The easiest games they have all year are at the end of their season. You want to compare Bo's D to Ohio States, but Ohio State's strength of schedule is a whopping #116. There are only 3 teams (KU, Hawaii, and Boise State) that have a weaker schedule. Amazingly, 2 of those 3 are undefeated as well. It would be a complete sham, IMO, if Ohio State gets into the title game. LSU's schedule is a far cry tougher than anyone else in the BCS top 10.

I guess the Bo supporters (not all) wanted someone that was different emotionally than Solich, thus the Bogasm. Now they want someone different emotionally than Cally, and insert the Bogart. Lets face it, he's had some stinkbomb games and people are right there to defend him. It was b/c of this, that, or the other thing, but it wasnt Bo's fault. I dont get it.

When I hear how fiery and motivating he is, I think those supporters who pout after a Husker loss, want their coach to pout just like them.

Memo - a lot of coaches can motivate, inspire, teach, manage a team, a game, other coaches, AND not act like a hot head pekerwad. He deserves nothing more than the next D-Coord position he is running to. Since he cant be a head coach, he'll take his ball home and not play. Boo hoo.