Hopefully this is just a player blowing smoke but...

The kid in the dorm-room next to me was at a party this past weekend where he saw Jaivorio Burkes. (He noted that he was not drinking or doing anything wrong.) This kid said that there were many other kids at the party that were asking Jaivorio many questions about the football season and coaching situation obviously. When the question came up "Is there any chance at all that Callahan will be back next year?" Jaivorio replied that he gurantees that Bill would be back next year.. he said that he would put $100 down on whoever wanted to bet that he wouldn't be back next year.. he then upped that ante to 1 grand.. When asked about Coz's chances he admitted that Coz would be gone for sure...

Obviously, this would be in the rumor section for a reason.. this DOES NOT fit my personal beliefs as i have felt for quite some time that Cally has no shot at being back next year seeing his original feelings of disrespect towards TO and disrespect for the Nebraska Tradition. Like i said hopefully this is just a player blowing smoke as this would be absolutely ridiculous.. and it could be that Cally is telling his players he will be back next year to try to get them to play harder or something..

But again this is NOT my opinion in anyway whatsoever.. nor am i claiming this is insider information or from a booster or from inside the athletic dept. It is from a (huge) freshman player. Nothing more...

blah.. gotta be wrong.. right? :bang

Even if this is true, and I have my doubts, what make anybody think Burkes any idea of what the future of the coaches is? I highly doubt TO and the rest of the administration consults with Jaivorio on their decisions. He may have been speaking with his heart but if TO retains BC after this season I think it will make the uproar over the SP/FS/BC debacle look tame. The people of the state are ready to tar and feather BC and ride him out of town on a rail. Keeping him would be suicidal for the program.

I think there is a chance the Huskers could win one or both of their last two games. Even if they win both, I don't see Callahan being retained.

Also, if nothing is said today (Tues.) at the 11 AM press conference about resignations, then Callahan and the University can't agree to a buyout dollar figure. T.O. would prefer to wait until after the Colorado game when the buyout figure will be a fixed amount the University and/or boosters can live with. There's no point in spending another $500,000 just to be able to make an announcement now. We can wait three more weeks.

There is a difference in Billy C's faith as opposed to President Bush's faith. Bush wears it on his sleeve, Billy C doesn't. Not to say Billy C is a believing Christian. However if he is you'd never know it by his actions on and off the field. :( At least you always know where Bush stands on the whole faith issue. :)

If the rumor doesn't involve both Duncan Aviation and your bil, I don't believe it.

<_< <<<<<This is me looking at you skeptically.

The kid in the dorm-room next to me was at a party this past weekend where he saw Jaivorio Burkes. (He noted that he was not drinking or doing anything wrong.) This kid said that there were many other kids at the party that were asking Jaivorio many questions about the football season and coaching situation obviously. When the question came up "Is there any chance at all that Callahan will be back next year?" Jaivorio replied that he gurantees that Bill would be back next year.. he said that he would put $100 down on whoever wanted to bet that he wouldn't be back next year.. he then upped that ante to 1 grand.. When asked about Coz's chances he admitted that Coz would be gone for sure...

Obviously, this would be in the rumor section for a reason.. this DOES NOT fit my personal beliefs as i have felt for quite some time that Cally has no shot at being back next year seeing his original feelings of disrespect towards TO and disrespect for the Nebraska Tradition. Like i said hopefully this is just a player blowing smoke as this would be absolutely ridiculous.. and it could be that Cally is telling his players he will be back next year to try to get them to play harder or something..

But again this is NOT my opinion in anyway whatsoever.. nor am i claiming this is insider information or from a booster or from inside the athletic dept. It is from a (huge) freshman player. Nothing more...

blah.. gotta be wrong.. right? :bang

So what is the kid in the dorm room next to you going to do with his $1000?

Makes sense to me that he said what he did. Cally is still the coach at this time, and the player is getting PT. A player doesnt want to get involved with rumors. At the end of the season, Cally will be evaluated. Then he'll be gone. Returning players will have to suck it up, step it up, or move out.