Somrone's been overlooked

By the way, my son attended Doane while Tommy Frazier was coach. Frazier was a disaster as head coach. It would not be politically correct for me to go into the reasons given.

I gotta go along with that as well (not just an opinion).

Tommy's hard to figure out, I agree I think he could be a helluva recruiter but needs a ton of grooming to be an effective coach at any level. I still love the guy though for what he did on the field as a player!

iconquer

Tommie is my favorite Husker of all time. Just because your a great player doesn't make you a great coach. And I'm not convinced he'd be a great recruiter either. If the players we have now don't know who Tom Osborne is, how in name of Zeus' butthole would they know who Tommie Frazier is.

Someone's been overlooked, #15

Beau Davis?

:clap:clap:clap:clap

As this thread begins to venture off topic, this reminds me of an awkward Billy C quote that came earlier this fall. When discussing the quarterback battle between Ganz and Keller (I think at Big 12 media days), Callahan refers to Beau Davis as a 'journeyman' quarterback. How is this possible, he committed to Bill in shortly after Bill's arrival in Lincoln in early 2004 and has been in the system ever since. Isn't a journeyman someone who has played for multiple teams?

Doane made it to the finals in the fall of '97 I believe. Could of been '98.

I went to Doane and spent some time in the athletic department as a student assistant. I still have strong ties to the department and the college.

Yes he did run a lot of players off. I think he was down in the forties (as far a players) his last year there.

No, he is the the type of recruiter that some might think he is. His plan was to recruit out of state. He tried to bring people in from everywhere but Nebraska. One of the reasons that he was brought in was they thought that he could recruit nebraska really well because of his name. That failed. I seem to remember one of the major complaints about Bill is that he does not value Nebraska players. Neither did he while he was at Doane.

He had such great relations with his players that he only had 7 guys showing up consistently for off season workouts. That is straight from a players mouth that was showing up.

Now that I am done with those things...I could go on...I want to say that he was always very nice to my wife and me when we were around and was really great with my daughter. She was frightened by him at first but his smile won her over quickly. He actually seemed like a very nice man contrary to what a lot of people had told me and what I had heard about him.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Tommie back in the AD's office, but I just can't see him back in the coaching arena. I don't think it went well for him last time.

i think tommie has the right attitude, but his last job wasn't a fit for him. he has a Div1 attitude at coaching at doane probalby rubbed quite a few people the wrong way.

bring tommie in as running back coach or quarterback coach would be good. short of turner gill, there's no other player that really can really define a husker era like tommie.

Someone's been overlooked, #15

Beau Davis?

:clap:clap:clap:clap

As this thread begins to venture off topic, this reminds me of an awkward Billy C quote that came earlier this fall. When discussing the quarterback battle between Ganz and Keller (I think at Big 12 media days), Callahan refers to Beau Davis as a 'journeyman' quarterback. How is this possible, he committed to Bill in shortly after Bill's arrival in Lincoln in early 2004 and has been in the system ever since. Isn't a journeyman someone who has played for multiple teams?

When considering and recalling stupid things he has said, the thing you need to keep in mind is this:

Billy C is a freaking moron.

By the way, my son attended Doane while Tommy Frazier was coach. Frazier was a disaster as head coach. It would not be politically correct for me to go into the reasons given.

LOL, you're probably not going to say yes or no but I'd almost bet anything that it involved a lot of female students? I had a good friend that lived just down the hall from him on City Campus in one of the dorms. He said every night there was someone new walking into his room.

He tried radio, but nobody could understand him. He tried coaching, but that didn't go well either. He is probably one of if not the greatest player to play for NU. However, he was probably the most hated person by his teammates of any NU players as well. Everyone respected him, but they pretty much all hated him. I'm guessing this might be one of the biggest reasons why he flopped as a coach for Doane.

I guess everyone is forgetting the ultimatum he gave TO his freshman year: play me or I'm transferring!

LOL, you're probably not going to say yes or no but I'd almost bet anything that it involved a lot of female students? I had a good friend that lived just down the hall from him on City Campus in one of the dorms. He said every night there was someone new walking into his room.

He tried radio, but nobody could understand him. He tried coaching, but that didn't go well either. He is probably one of if not the greatest player to play for NU. However, he was probably the most hated person by his teammates of any NU players as well. Everyone respected him, but they pretty much all hated him. I'm guessing this might be one of the biggest reasons why he flopped as a coach for Doane.

I guess everyone is forgetting the ultimatum he gave TO his freshman year: play me or I'm transferring!

That's nothing new either. Mike Babcock was just on 1620. He has the book Heart of a Husker out and in it he cites numerous examples of players in the 70's and 80's that threatened to leave if they did get to start.

I'm not defending him as a coach, but to demand to play over Mike Grant is simply common sense