Who was your favorite husker ever??

Well I'll always remember Brook Beringer filling in for injured Tommie and then unselfishly letting Tommie play in the biggest game of the year. Everybody knew he earned the chance to start and play that National Championship game but he said whatever's best for the team. That's husker spirit.

As far as who was the most fun to watch, ANY full back from the 90's. Power ball baby!!!!!!

Kenny Walker

He's in Southwest Iowa now. Glenwood in fact. I see him at least once a week....usually at "The Oasis" (a little restaurant/bar in town) on Friday nights - that's when they have their prime rib.

I met Kenny Walker at a Broncos training camp in the early 90's. All the players would walk from the cafeteria to the practice field and we would stand there along the sidwalk and try to get some autographs. My brothers and I were wearing husker gear (as we did most every day) and Kenny went way out of his way to come over and meet us. I was probably 10 and he was the biggest guy I'd ever seen. He hung out for a while and we talked husker ball, he was pretty good at reading our lips.

I'm going to have to try and find his signed football card now.

Well I'll always remember Brook Beringer filling in for injured Tommie and then unselfishly letting Tommie play in the biggest game of the year. Everybody knew he earned the chance to start and play that National Championship game but he said whatever's best for the team. That's husker spirit.

Hell Yeah!!

brookberringer2ko6.gif

Berringer all the way baby!!!

:power

Johnny the Jet Rodgers. IMO the most exciting college football player ever. There is/was a tape of his highlights out. If you can still find it, I reccomend it both for fans that remember him and those to young to have seen him play. Think it was called portrait of a Heisman.

Johnny the Jet Rodgers. IMO the most exciting college football player ever. There is/was a tape of his highlights out. If you can still find it, I reccomend it both for fans that remember him and those to young to have seen him play. Think it was called portrait of a Heisman.

Absolutely Johnny the Jet!! I cannot believe I had to read this far down in the thread to find someone else who believes that too.

Man, woman, and child, he "put 'em in the aisles"! The guy was fun to watch and caused opponents to change game plans for. And what a punt returner.

Joel Makovicka was by far my favorite Nebraska football player. His ability to keep pounding the rock when he was getting tackled and to bulldoze thru defenders. I think that Joel Makovicka is by far the best fullback to ever play the position for Nebraska. My number in high school was #45 because of Joel.