The excuses don't add up

d bullocks, j bullocks, fabian, ruud, kriewald, ross, carricker,herian, thomas.

I'm sure some others will but I think these will for sure if they choose to. Carriker is young but he has the possiblities to if he can stay healthy.

Kriewald is a long hot. Willie Miller didn't make the pros and Kriewald isn't half the fullback he was. All the db neede to pull their heads out of their backsides if they want a shot at the NFL. Who even knows if Herian will recover well enough to be good next year. I think Ross is a long shot also. In the NFL size does matter for the IB, unless you're Barry Sanders. I won't even bother with Carriker.

Let me guess the only reason Tech beat Okie St(another team with more talent) was because of coaching.

I'm sure some others will but I think these will for sure if they choose to. Carriker is young but he has the possiblities to if he can stay healthy.

Kriewald is a long hot. Willie Miller didn't make the pros and Kriewald isn't half the fullback he was. All the db neede to pull their heads out of their backsides if they want a shot at the NFL. Who even knows if Herian will recover well enough to be good next year. I think Ross is a long shot also. In the NFL size does matter for the IB, unless you're Barry Sanders. I won't even bother with Carriker.

Let me guess the only reason Tech beat Okie St(another team with more talent) was because of coaching.

FYI, Willie Miller could have very easily made an NFL team. He was invited to most all the combines, and despite the fact that he didn't work out for any team, he STILL received several phone calls on draft day in an attempt to persuade him to give it a shot. Bottom line, he chose not to play in the NFL to preserve his health. He had some neck problems that weren't made very public, and his doctors told him he ran the chance of incuring serious injuries that could leave him in a wheelchair if he was hit the wrong way. Of course all football players face those odds, but his were quite a bit higher. He actually moved to Denver for a few years to work in the Pharm industry, and continued to receive calls from Broncos on occasion to try to get him to work out with them. The guy was an absolute specimen and a very hard worker, so could have been very successful in the NFL if it weren't for the health risks.

Just wanted to share that anecdote.

Kriewald could of been one of the best fullbacks here ever this year if he had the old offense. Did you happen to notice every time he got the ball this year what happen? He either scored a td on some great catches or he ran it 50 yards.

Kriewald could of been one of the best fullbacks here ever this year if he had the old offense. Did you happen to notice every time he got the ball this year what happen? He either scored a td on some great catches or he ran it 50 yards.

How many NFL teams run our old offense. Most teams in the NFL nowadays are going away from the fullback and are starting to move linebackers and D-Lineman into the fullback roll when they have short yardage situations. The fullback is a dieing breed in the NFL these days and most teams are saving that roster spot for an extra tight end or another position.

How many NFL teams run our old offense. Most teams in the NFL nowadays are going away from the fullback and are starting to move linebackers and D-Lineman into the fullback roll when they have short yardage situations. The fullback is a dieing breed in the NFL these days and most teams are saving that roster spot for an extra tight end or another position.

schlesinger and mackovicka seem to be doing just fine and they came from our old system. I think kriewald can do the same.

Schlesinger I will give you, but Mackovica is not even in the league. i wouldn't say he had any success at all unless you call just making a team success. I wouldn't put Kreiwald in the same talent level as Schlesinger. Cory was a man amongst boys but Kreiwald seems to be at the same level as the other players around him.

Don't you think the only reason Kriewald had that long run against Oklahoma is because they didn't expect them to run the fb trap. He shared time with Davies who was the worst fb in recent history. Kriewald was average at best and probably won't make ANY NFL team.

Don't you think the only reason Kriewald had that long run against Oklahoma is because they didn't expect them to run the fb trap. He shared time with Davies who was the worst fb in recent history. Kriewald was average at best and probably won't make ANY NFL team.

average at best.lol he's very very good.

Schlesinger I will give you, but Mackovica is not even in the league. i wouldn't say he had any success at all unless you call just making a team success. I wouldn't put Kreiwald in the same talent level as Schlesinger. Cory was a man amongst boys but Kreiwald seems to be at the same level as the other players around him.

Makovicka started 35 games, I call that pretty good. He got injured and didn't really bounce back from it.

If he is very very good what would you call Davies? Since Kriewald couldn't beat him out he must of been very very very good. :wacko:

Kriewald and davies shared time last year. Davies was one of the best fullbacks I had ever seen out of high school, he literally dominated the shrine bowl. He got hurt a couple years into his career at nebraska and wasn't the same player.

If he is very very good what would you call Davies? Since Kriewald couldn't beat him out he must of been very very very good. :wacko:

Kriewald and davies shared time last year. Davies was one of the best fullbacks I had ever seen out of high school, he literally dominated the shrine bowl. He got hurt a couple years into his career at nebraska and wasn't the same player.

If he wasn't the same player, then how come Kriewald couldn't beat him for the starting job, since Kriewald is awesome? Just for the record, I don't think Kriewald sucks, but I don't think he is on the same level as Schlesinger, Mackovicka or Willie Miller. Judd Davies flat out sucked, he looked every part of the fullback position, but would run right past somebody while going through the hole who would tackle the I-back. Terrible